“Stinky, run-down hotel”

Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #75 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel smells bad, looks bad and some of the staff are less than accommodating. The elevators reek of moth balls and cigarette smoke, the hallways smell like a nursing home at lunch time and if you would like to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee anytime other than the morning, forget it! The beds are very outdated and the pillows on the beds were the size of little square pillows. Not comfortable at all!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kimberly815
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear kimberly815,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. Your comments are very important to us. We strive to be the best in our industry however, it seems that we failed to do so during your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. I have taken note of your comments and will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really liked this hotel, everyone was very friendly and helpful. Had a wonderful and hot tub. The room was very nice and comfortable. The only reason I did not rate this as excellent is because the bathroom had a smell. Every thing was very clean but there was a urine/bathroom smell and is was not a strong smell, only a person who is picky about bathrooms would notice, but I am one of those picky people but with that said I would still stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I checked into this property that I have stayed at before. Joan provided a quick, friendly checkin around 2:30 pm. I got a first floor room, which was great. I work for the same corporate brand as this hotel and felt that I would be satisfied with my stay, as I had a wonderful experience before. When I checked in with my family, I immediately noticed that the room had a musty odor. I always check the beds first so I went and uncovered the mattress pads to see what the mattress looked like. Both mattresses were stained with urine and that must have been where the initial odor came from. Also saw specks on the sheets and had thoughts that they were either dead fleas or possible bedbugs. I went to the desk immediately and asked Joan if I could switch rooms and I told her why. She immediately changed my room number a few doors down. Her response was quick and she did not question my complaint. Professional service. I had no noise complaints on a first floor rooms, nor did I have any other issue at this location during my three night stay. The room service was quick and enjoyable. I would go to this location again. The hotel rooms are a bit worn, but I am sure this is a busy area and a busy time of year for them.

Room Tip: As soon as you have checked in, make sure you are getting the room type and location that you like...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Everything was nice, but average. Well kept, nice people but just standard everything. Except the beds, which proved to be very uncomfortable. Not much within walking distance. The pool was okay, nice flat screen televisions, rooms clean.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

While the rooms were fine. The food in the restaurant was so bad that it negated any stars I would give the hotel for overall rating. .
Stay away from the restaurant and room service. Restaurant was near empty and it took and hour to get the food. Salad was insipid and had a funny odor to it. Fried shrimp has all the taste of deep fried sawdust. Cole slaw had a chemical smell and a simple bite didn't hit my palate has being from the food family but more like shredded paper mixed with mayo. Ugh!!! After the main course was served and finished the server brought the bread, which was burnt.

To salvage the meal, I got a bottle of Samuel Adams, figuring you can't ruin a bottle of beer. After I drunk the beer it dawned on me to check the drink by date on the side of the bottle. It was 3 months past its drink by date.

Other people in my party also thought this was some of the worst food they had ever eaten.

The hotel needs to shut down the restaurant immediately.

If you need to eat at this hotel use the vending machines. The food is much better and service much quicker.

3  Thank DKnight54
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

As a frequent guest of Holiday in (family memberis employee) I was not impressed. While Holiday Inn has certainly come in and decorated and provided upgrades they have missed several key area's: Old doors, old bathrooms, crazy noise with the neighbors plumbing. I would certainly pay attention to the details if this were my business. I will say that cleanliness was not an issue! Comfy beds and bath and body toiletries were nice.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This Holiday Inn was not only the best Hotel in Pigeon Forge, but one of the best in the Holiday Inn Group. The initiall view is fantastic, it ticks all the boxes for a really good hotel. The receptionist was friendly and efficient. The reception area was very warm and cosy. Our room was enormous, with fridge, safe a huge bed and a large bathroom. We also overlooked the entrance which in fact was very nice and not noisy as the hotel is set well back off the road. We went out for diner, but had breakfast in the hotel. This was not quite as good as it could have been, but hey you pay for what you get and we do not like huge breakfasts, so we did OK.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms over look the strip in Pigeon Forge which is like a mini Las Vegas. Lots of cars...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple