“Above Expectations”

Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #74 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Check in was fast, the room temp was cool corridors were quiet. I took a dip in the pool this trip. I don't normally use the pool but this one was very clean and for a "family hotel" did not have a lot of children running around which was a plus. I always forget the free breakfast is not at the Holiday Inn but at the Holiday Inn Express. This was the only downside to my stay. I don't like having to wait for the check, my colleagues and I leave together so when one person is waiting on the check it's rather annoying. Something smelled good walking by so I decided to stay and eat. My waitress was very friendly and the food was better than I expected. Definetly better than the free buffet at the Express. This has changed my mind about eating at Holiday Inn's which we frequent a lot. I was asked if I wanted my coffee to go and met with the check in a timely fashion. Thank You for the great experience and newly found faith in your brand.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank David M
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge

Reviewed August 17, 2011

This is a nice hotel. Clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This Holiday Inn has been updated, and it's a great place to stay for the money. Fun pool that my grandson enjoyed! My grandson had an accident there, and their response is what impressed me most. He cut his head on the nightstand late one night, and I asked the front desk for directions to the nearest hospital or clinic. They had printed directions waiting when I got downstairs, and we took him to the local Emergency Room for treatment. Later, the insurance company called me to ask how my grandson was and inquire about the accident. Yes, I recognize that they could have been trying to eliminate a law suit, but we had already told them that it was an accident -- no negligence for Holiday Inn. The bed (that was soaked in blood) was clean when we returned, and all towels, etc. had been replaced. It was after 10:00 pm, so this was great on their part. So, we only had to crawl in bed after an eventful day. I'm impressed with their follow through and follow up. And, great training for emergencies. Location is fabulous for Pigeon Forge. Room was clean, and customer service was great. Absolutely, I'll stay here again. It's a good value for the money plus their service can't be beat.

4  Thank KatWat39
Reviewed July 25, 2011

For over 10 years, I have been running courses in Pigeon Forge. At first, this was the only hotel in the area that could even accommodate groups of thirty or more. Now Pigeon Forge has lots of hotels, but this one has recently been renovated with a beautiful conference center. They always give a very reasonable room-block rate for my attendees. The only difficult part of reservations is that this hotel has a strange cancellation policy that has caused some of my attendees problems in the past. I now make sure that I inform them to check the hotel cancellation policy before booking the room. The staff really cares about doing the job right. When I was just there in June, I could not get the sound out of the projector during my presentation. The banquet manager went to his office and unplugged his own speakers so that I could use them for two days. You really don't see that kind of service very often... anywhere. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. All rooms come with a small refrigerator which is really helpful. Families of attendees love the indoor swimming pool with waterfall and the video games that surround the pool area. I'm already booked to go back next year.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Ladybugonbusiness
Reviewed July 24, 2011

First impression was great -- the lobby was clean, beautifully decorated...hallways were clean, smelled nice...the room LOOKED nice but smelled like mildew...smears on the door lock...bathroom didn't LOOK clean - I found dried toothpaste on the backsplash, some funky grime around the faucet. Enough fluffy towels in the pretty cabinetry, but no towel bars to hang them up. Indoor pool looked great in the pictures, but the paint was peeling in great hunks off of the rusty beams over the pool...unsightly and some of the overhead structure was broken & rusted...very ugly. The spa was full of some kind of sand & grit in the bottom...I could not get out of it fast enough. The first night we stayed there were about 20 young teens & preteens in the pool, we did not even attempt to get in...too much ruckus. Groups of kids were running up & down the halls screaming & laughing late into the night. The beds were small, definitely NOT Queen sized, pillows were fluffy but VERY small! A fitful night of trying to sleep. We decided to try the restaurant for breakfast...bad idea. We ordered from the menu since the hostess & the waiter failed to tell us they had a buffet...the food wasn't the best...and the cinnamon "french toast" was downright inedible. There are much better places to stay for these prices!! We will not be back.

1  Thank LSmalling
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel has great customer service. I had to make some changes to my trip plans and Miss Paula went above and bound to help me out. I recommend this hotel highly and I will be staying he on my next trip to Tennessee. Thank you Miss Paula!

Reviewed July 18, 2011

The hotel was very clean the employees are super nice, and the restaurant has delicious food, and the pool is very clean we loved it here and we will be back again. I will recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends