“Green Valley "Flop House"”
Review of Green Valley Motel

Green Valley Motel
Ranked #67 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 11, 2009

After reading a few good reviews, my wife & I decided to try the Green Valley Motel. Being able to save a few extra dollars, and reading some positive reviews on the Expedia site we felt like it was a good deal. When we got to the motel, the desk clerk gave us a non-smoking room, I showed him my reservation where it stated we had payed for a smoking room, the desk clerk gave us another room that was non-smoking, but said go ahead and smoke in it! When we layed down on the bed, our feet was higher than our heads. The parking lot was full of motorcycles (that ran in and out all night) and old busted up cars, I'm not kidding when I say this, we saw a couple cars with electrical tape holding them together. We could not leave the curtains open due to the fact that the place looked as if it was renting weekly to people down on their luck, they were constantly standing outside staring at our window. The office closes about 10pm. so from that point on you are on your own, every employee leaves the property. The night we left, I had to put our room key in a little shallow wooden box outside the office door. This by all means will be our last trip to the Green Valley!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 24, 2009

They charged us $80 a night for a $30 a night room. Total rip off. The rooms are unkept and the buildings are falling apart. The TV couldn't even hold a picture. The room smelled so bad of smoke our son had an asthma attack and we had to leave and go stay somewhere else. They wouldn't refund our overpaid amount and we only stayed there 1 hour. The lamp shades were shredded and everything was so old and not fixed up. Water damage everywhere. I have no idea where these previous reviews came from that I based my reservation off of, but they are either from someone who owns that hotel or someone who has been drinking heavily.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2009

This was one of the dirtiest and smelliest rooms I have ever seen. And I do a lot of traveling with my family and stay at economy type motels. I requested a non smoking room and the room wreaked of cigarettes not the type like someone just lit up abut the type that is imbedded in the walls. There was water damage on the ceiling the room was filthy , the lamp shades was ripped. The hotel looked a lot more worn then then photo. It was not as advertised. I judge my decision on staying here on the ratings and I could tell you that they either were on crack or these were old ratings. Will never ever go there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We stayed as part of my husband's company's employee picnic, etc. We hadn't stayed there before and I was leery about the great price. I shouldn't have been. The rooms were very large and clean. The beds CLEAN and extremely comfortable. The pool was "off the road" and enclosed by a lattice fence. The front desk clerk was extremely nice! When we checked out the clerk asked us "are you leaving us, too?" My husband told her yes and she said "the only thing we ask is that you have a safe trip home". Not many motels this friendly. This motel is on the quiet side of town, closer to Gatlinburg. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank pickleswife
Reviewed July 4, 2007

I just stayed at the Green Valley Motel in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and I was fairly satisfied with the stay. The beds were comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. The room was clean. The service was great. They even had good toilet paper and extra toothpaste. The only small problems at Green Valley is the low water pressure and not enough parking spaces if the place gets full. However, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank EJS1977
Reviewed July 2, 2007

Stayed at Green Valley last week for 5 nights.

It was a return visit for us....we used them in the past because they were pet friendly. They no longer are (which was really bad news for us) but on this visit we were not bringing our doggie, so, that was fine.

We find the staff friendly at all times and wanting to please.

I really thought the housekeeping left a little to be desired this time...................but, still overall we were pleased.

The place is getting worn. The lap shades were cracked to the point of having holes in them and the curtains were so worn that you could see through them. Just some points that I would like to see taken care of because we really like Green Valley. Interestingly enough I had been told on the phone that one of the reasons they are no longer "pet friendly" was/is because they had done "major renovations". I didn't see any.

Will we stay again? ABSOLUTELY because we like a bargain and appreciate the cordiality.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy4HIM
lifetoshortsoenjoy, manger at Green Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2007

Thank you for your honesty we appreiciate the good review we applogize for the inconvenience about the pets we are very pet friendly just wish all our guests were

Reviewed June 10, 2007

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Green Valley Motel during our trip to Pigeon Forge. The management and staff were extremely helpful and courteous and the rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The adjoining rooms were especially convenient because we had other members of our family with us as well as several children. The kids loved the pool area!! Although there were no irons, hair dryers, etc that other hotels usually have, the staff provided these items for us upon request. We also liked the little gift packets placed in each of the rooms containing various personal items and coupons. The motel was very close to Dollywood and a variety of restaurants and activities such as miniature golf, go carts and bumper boats as well as other such activities. Additionally, Gatlinburg is just a short distance from the hotel and although the traffic is heavy in Pigeon Forge it is not nearly as congested as in Gatlinburg. This is a family oriented motel with very affordable prices. We highly recommend it and will definitely stay there again!!

The Rick Clark Family