“Terrible Place”
Review of Green Valley Motel

Green Valley Motel
Ranked #64 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Was refused a room at this motel just because we pulled in the parking lot and on the way to the office we glanced through a window of an empty room to view the quality of them. The staff called the police on us, and treated us as first rate criminals. They were very rude and insulting. I would advise anyone to stay clear of this place, unless you want treated like trash.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Cruz H

Reviewed June 26, 2014

When I made my reservation online and was looking at the pictures of the motel I could tell it was an older establishment. After signing and finding our way to our room we were not not happy with the accommodations in the room my wife got a bit upset. It was cleaner than it looked but it problems like door striker plate was missing. Front door had a crack large enough you could see daylight thru the crack. Light coming in around entire door. Seal worn out I guess. There was no iron or ironing board to freshen our cloths up. She was so upset it made her sick. We were up at 5:00 AM the next morning with her wanting to leave. Went to front office to check out and ask a refund for the second nights stay and they refused. So I spent $195.00 for a one night stay in a 0 to 1 star motel. I don't see us ever returning there again.

Room Tip: IF you don't mind an older run down motel it might be fine for you. But it's not worth what...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This is a simple place to stay, with great hospitality. The desk clerk was fun and inviting. Rooms were nothing special, but was in a quiet part of pigeon forge. I would stay here again and would recommend to come by and talk to them before booking online. He had specials for walk ins that far and exceeded online deals.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Green Valley Motel is perfectly located for any and all attrac tions in the area. it is quiet, clean and comfortable. Manager Earl, is a gem! We will always stay here when visiting the Smokies. I highly recommend this older motel for all visitors; has a great pool, too.

Room Tip: 103 is our favorite room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've never had a bad experience yet with Green Valley Motel. We have stayed there twice and we will only stay there from now on. Clean rooms! The rooms are huge and of course, smoke free! I smoke but I respect that it is non-smoking because I don't like laying down with that smell lingering. It could use some updating but that doesn't bother us because it's not like we are living there permanently. It's pretty dead center of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg too. Pilot station next door also for when you need something quick without really driving. Thanks and we will be back again and Thank you for being concerned about our daughter with her sickness! Very nice people!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Kendra18
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed three nights and had no complaints! We had a room with a queen bed and sleeper sofa. We really liked that because we had more room. The bottom of the walls in the bathroom have gotten wet like it's been flooded but it didn't bother us. We were barely in the hotel anyways. The shower we had was powerful and felt really good. Didn't use the microwave but it seemed clean and the fridge was nice too. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: If it's a couple or family with 4 people get the room with the sleeper sofa.... just fold it up...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeaganStaton
Reviewed January 19, 2014

On first entering, the room smelled bad and on closer inspection, looked bad. Tables and counters were not clean. I wiped everything with cleaning wipes and used lots of Lysol spray. Room was left much cleaner than when I arrived. It appears the cleaning staff does not do their job and the management does not care. Carpet looked like it had been left outside in a muddy field. Furniture is used well past its useful life. Microwave and refrigerator worked but were so dirty, I was afraid to use them. The bathroom sink, toilet and bathtub need to be replaced along with the carpet. Walls need painting. The room felt damp and smelled like mildew. I was afraid to go to sleep for fear of what might crawl out of the walls. Claims to be military friendly, it is, but I've slept in nicer tents.

Room Tip: For a better room, find another motel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo