“Green Valley Motel Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Valley Motel

Green Valley Motel
Ranked #65 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Adairsville, Georgia, United States
“Green Valley Motel Review”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Had book room for a trip oct 4-6, 2013.When I arrive the room was ready 3 pm we check in at the front desk but the computer only show one day,The manager work with me to ensure I was happy and that I did not have to move out of the room into ANOTHER room.Thank God.Room was clean,had two dbl beds and after that drive I needed a hot shower.My 20 minute power nap.The shower was hot.Sometimes I go to hotels and they are luke warm.I needed to iron an outfit so I went downstairs to borrow iron/decline the iron board.The staff was very friendly we enjoy the conversation with the mgr.Our room face a demolition site which was a hotel,I ask what were they going to build there.He said he thought another hotel maybe.It very affordable and convenient to the all the entertainment and resteraunts.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside unless you like looking construction trucks and demoltion site.Our window face the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spent our vacation in Pigeon Forge week of 9/15-9/20. Stayed a t this hotel. Not the first time staying there. We usually stay here when we go to TN. Rooms are very clean, neat and comfortable. Staff is excellant, try to make your stay more comfortable and makes sure you have what you need. Convenient to everything around, Easy to get in and out of parking lot, (we were on a motorcycle). Highly recommend this hotel to the travelers coming to the mountains. We love it. Home away from home.

Room Tip: We like downstairs and always stay close to the front.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed 10 nights for the Shades of the Past and the Grand Rod Run. Earl is a nice man. Rooms needs updated. You need to bring spray with you the beds are infested with bed bugs! The housekeeping staff was made aware of the infestation and nothing. We had to buy more spray the leave the room for 4 hours. Wasn't offered another room until the 9th night of our stay. The housekeeping and front desk clerks was made aware of the matter and all that was said was, " We have industrial strength spray we will spray and change the sheets". I was eat up with bed bug bites. The carpets was nasty, bathroom was dirty, showers and ceiling had mold, no water pressure at all, mini frig finally cooled our drinks on day 7, sheets hadn't been changed in weeks, towels was stained, toilet was broken, and the plug ins didn't work. Yes, we ask for another room to no avail, not that there wasn't any extra rooms just they didn't want to fool with it.
The bugman said heat was the only way to rid yourself from the bed bugs. So, we had to go to the laundry mat put everything in the commercial dryers for 20 min., dryers had to be at least 115 degrees to kill the bugs. Had to dry shoes, clothes, belts, bags, everything we had then wash everything in HOT water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sportsmomma16

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

RIVERVIEW
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here for 7 days and was good for money charged. Only thing was room was not worth increase on weekend days. Price all most doubled and service was same. all motels do that but I don't agree as usually you get less service on weekends. so why increase rooms except they know they have you. people working their were very nice and helpful. rooms do need to be updated very old .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed two nights at this place during Memorial Day weekend. We stayed in room 201. The location was convenient. The gentleman at the front was very nice. The place was cost efficient. That's where it stops. THE HAD BED BUGS!!! It was a pet friendly room so I figured maybe fleas at first. The beds were not very clean. The sheets on one of the twin beds had a blood stain smear, what I thought was a baby roach(probably a bed bug), and stains in and on the sheets of the bed. On of the pillow cases and a yellow tint and smelled like people had been drooling on it. The chair and ottoman were dingy with stains. I don't expect much for a cost efficient motel. However I do expect a thoroughly clean room with working plumbing at the minimum. The mattress and curtains were probably as old as the motel. After the first night I thought I got bites from hiking. The second night I woke up and was severely itching and scratching. I got up to take a shower and saw in the mirror that I had bites everywhere from top to bottom. My back and arms looked ridiculous.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Johnathan Y
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We just spent 2 nights at Green Valley. Earl, the manager was an extremely nice man, was a pleasure to meet him. The motel however, needs updating and definitely needs real housekeepers. The carpets and tile had not been swept, there was debris from what looked like several prior guests. Cob webs in nearly every corner. Dirty light switch covers. Coffee pot was filthy...luckily theres a Pilot within walking distance with good-hot coffee.
Now for the Bad points: I pulled down the bedspread to find fresh blood stains on the underside, not a drop or 2, but the size of twice my hand. The other bed appeared to be okay. One of the bath towels had blood stains all over it... obviously used during "that time of the month".
We stayed anyway, as we are both disabled and exhausted from our 6 hour drive to get there, but we won't be staying there again. Time to start RVing... at least we will know we don't have filth to deal with.
I managed a hotel in Ohio for several years, and would never have allowed a guest to walk into a room that looked as bad as room 108.
Shame on Green Valley "housekeepers".... you are costing the owner to possibly lose his business simply because YOU are LAZY.
Hint for travelers: Always travel with Lysol.... spray everything that you will touch... especially the tv remote... they are dirtier than the toilet. Hint for housekeepers: Hydrogen peroxide will remove a blood stain, if you soak it before washing and drying.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before paying, don't be afraid to pull the bedspread down.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KlasikLadyBug
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The green Valley Motel in Pigeon Forge is an older motel and one shouldn't expect some of the frill's of newer establishments-however it was clean and modestly priced and convenient to the main drag. The hotel manager Earl was most gracious and when I asked him If there were coffee makers in the room-He said yes-but they don't provide the coffee-then he said something that made it make sense-"WE have refrigerators -but they are not filled with food either":) This is a good value for any budget conscious traveler.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple