“Wonderful Stay!”

Ranked #86 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Princeton, West Virginia
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed December 5, 2009

I don't know how all these bad reviews were true. My family and I stayed here during the Dolly Day Parade weekend in May of 2009. I must say we loved this hotel!! The room was absolutely beautiful! It had beautiful red oak walls, cedar post beds, tv with tons of channels, microwave, refrigerator, and beautiful wall and ceiling decor!! I asked when making the reservations for a certain room on the 1st floor and the hotel staff gave it to us with no problems whatsoever. It is a drive up to your room hotel, so it is very easily accessible. Everything was nice and clean and very quiet considering the location. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, talking casually with us every time we returned from doing sightseeing, shopping, etc. The location is excellent! It is directly beside the Dixie Stampede, only 1/2 mile from Dollywood and Splash Country, tons of shopping within walking distance, restaurants, and there is a trolley stop right out front. The only bad things about this hotel are that there is no pool and no continental breakfast. If you are visiting the Pigeon Forge area, are on a budget, looking for a wonderful stay, and close and convenient to everything, this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Va. USA
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My S/O booked a room via phone for 2 nights, when we got ther, no room was available and were sent to another location. They had a room but it was non-smoking (that does not work). We were sent to a third location. The room was decent for a discount motel but the noise level from after hours gatherings were not acceptable after 3AM,... the desk did not answer.

Getting hot water for a shower or a shave required running the water for up to 15 minutes (the circulating system did not work or was not in place). This wastes water, sewerage and fuel to heat the water driveing up the corperate costs.

Manager Connie Pantoja was aware of the problems but was at a loss as to how to correct them since she had just assumed the position.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Mr_John_Black, General Manager at Lodge at Mill Creek, responded to this review, February 22, 2016
We are sad to hear that your stay was of bad standards from previous owners and management but we want you to know that since then we have made major improvements and welcome you to give us a try at being your home away from home while staying in Pigeon Forge Tennessee. We hope that you leave with a better view of our property than from previous experience.
Cleveland, TN
Reviewed July 20, 2009

When I called to make reservations, representative told me had been remodeled this past spring, they may have bought new bedspreads & curtains-but the bathroom was outdated & bathtub looked dirty from staining & some things was rusted in the bathroom & the entire room smelled. Our worst experience of all was the Air Conditioning didn't work properly, it kept making irritating clicking noise & turning off & on constantly we stayed away from the room during day because room was so uncomfortable, told rep at front desk & maintenance was supposed to come right away & that the air unit in our room just got put in the previous morning, but it never got a proper repair our entire stay. All I can stay positive about this place is the pool was the only thing that looked nice & it was convienent to Dollywood&Splash Country. Otherwise I would not recommend anyone spending their $ to stay here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

roan mountain tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We stayed at the family inn for two nights and it was not worth the money we had paid! the ceiling was covered in black mold and the bathroom was nasty. On our second day there we had left our belongings in the room to sightsee and we returned to our room to find we had been robbed by a housekeeper. Prescription medication and food along with money were stolen and nothing was done except a report was filed.I have tried to contact several managers but get the same reply, we wil contact you as soon as we can.The front desk clerk actually took up for the housekeeper and accussed us of lying about the whole thing. why would someone lie about stolen milk for a baby? Run as fast as you can from this dump....

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank travelinghippy
ohio
Reviewed June 23, 2008

we booked two rooms for 2 nights , 2weeks in advanced but they only had one room for us but charged our credit card ahead of time for 2 rooms but we got two rooms which was not cleanned yet and they didnt bother cleanning it all they did was change sheets, the floor was covered in dirt, the bathrooms in both rooms we had , had mold on walls and baseboard the toilet paper holder was just hanging off the wall in one room , the carpet was filthy and it stunk we were in the old part of motel which needs to be condemed we took a blanket out of dresser and about died from the smell it was the worse motel ever. i will get my money back each room was 66.00 each night 264.00 total , what a nightmare. ps i did take pictures of the mold and the carpet which had burn holes and we had requested a non smoking rooms.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank snowhite55
Princeton,WV
Reviewed April 15, 2008

After reading the reviews of this motel,I was kind of nervous about staying here. It was too late to cancel,so I went and stayed. I sure am glad I did!! I am so glad that I did not listen to these bad reviews! I had originally booked a King room,but I had to switch to a 2-double bed room. It was no problem! They had the room available and on the ground floor! Which was fantastic! When I went into the room,I was shocked at how beautiful it was! The wall was painted cedar and the other walls were tan. It went together very well! It had a nice TV with a lot of channels,coffee maker and coffee,microwave,refrigerator,phone,and plenty of lighting! The decor and bed sheets were very nice! All of the furniture in the room is made of cedar! It is so nice!! The staff at this motel was very nice as well! So courteous and professional! They have a free continental breakfast,but I didn't get up in time to get breakfast. Oh,if you are going to Dixie Stampede,you can walk there in 10 seconds! It is right next door! You do not have to drive or catch a trolley! It is right there! It is also very close to Dollywood and Splash Country. About a 5 minute drive to both. There is a trolley stop right outside the lobby,so you do not have to walk to catch a trolley. It is very close to a lot of restaurants too! A lot of shops,go-karts,mini-golf,bungee jumping,and kiddie parks are very close,about a 5 minute walk or drive. This property has very good rates! 2 people for 3 nights/4 days is about $112. Their sign rates are very good. They have a lot of rooms,so there is probably always vacancy. Their is tons of brochures in the office area on local attractions and shows if you need the information. The outside of this motel is somewhat outdated and older looking,but please don't let that turn you around. This is a very nice property all around and very nice staff. Close to everything! Also,only about a 5-10 minute drive to Gatlinburg. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Pigeon Forge!!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alabama
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I stayed here because it is next door to the Dixie Stampede. My daughter worked there during the summer and wanted to be able to go back and forth during our stay to hang out and visit friends. This way I could have the car when I wanted it.
I was a little bit afraid, and cautious too, because of the horrible reviews. We went prepared with bug spray, lysol, cleansers, sheets, blankets and towels. Better safe than sorry!
The only real problem with our room was the tub drain - which was slow.
I am terrified of bugs and I was greeted by one of those horrible, BIG, cave crickets in the tub. After a complete dousing with my bug spray it died and we saw no more critters in the room.
We had plenty of towels, and just swapped out for dry towels each morning. The sheets were nice and clean, and the beds were very comfortable. I always take off the bedspreads in motels anyway, so our blankets came in handy.
The carpet was stained, but we just kept our flip-flops on - no problem there.
It wasn't the nicest, cleanest place we've ever stayed, but for the price and the convenience it was worth it. I'll stay there again.

• Liked — convenience
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TwoR