My husband, daughter and granddaughter just returned from a three night stay at the Toni Inn. We especially liked the location and proximity to other attractions and to get to Gatlinburg.
The room was clean. I walked in and checked everything first. Bathroom, vanity and sinks were spotless and nothing looked terribly "dated." All the faucets worked well and did not appear to leak. Water pressure was good and the shower head was working properly.
The ac worked well - in fact, too well for some members of our party! The beds were clean and comfortable. Didn't like the small square (euro) pillows but I always travel with my own pillow anyway.
My one complaint was there was no elevator on the end of the complex where we were staying. We were on the third floor and it was somewhat a struggle to get luggage up the steps but really minor in the big picture. There was a ramp on the opposite end but it only went from the first level to the second. I didn't quite understand, but.....
The property has two pools, one indoors. Both have hot tubs. I was dismayed one afternoon that a family monopolized the indoor hot tub including having their young son in there with them (who was really too young to be in a hot tub anyway) and all his pool toys! Yikes! Just rude on their part. But enjoyed both pools. The one indoors felt like nice warm bath water!
My advice is to pass on the breakfast buffet unless there is no one else staying at the place. It's not particularly bad. The problem is the space it is confined to. One end of the buffet bar was right at a door with people coming and going. The space between the tables and the buffet bar and minimal at best. Not everyone could sit down, plus the places outside were occupied too. If your room is close, the best option was to get in line and take your food back to your room. It was so crowded that you could not get to your choices well and if you had to wait for toast or bagel, well........it was also hot in there. To be fair there was a set of waffle makers on an opposite wall, but again, if waffles aren't your first choice.....we only went to the buffet one morning. Would rather spend extra somewhere else than to fight the crowd.
I have to say that parking is a little tight for a larger vehicle. We were traveling in an Expedition and it was tough to park sometimes, Getting in and out was kinda tricky. The morning we left we pulled the vehicle closer to our room to load the luggage, but kept having to move it to let people by.
The motel is worth the money paid. It is kept well and the front office staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this property and would stay here again......(just down the street is Krispy Kreme doughnuts so it isn't all bad!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The very finest in accommodations are right in the heart of Pigeon Forge and the Great Smoky Mountains. Our ideal location in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park is only 10 miles from the Sugarlands Welcome Center entrance. Outlet Shopping centers are just minutes away and a very convenient drive or trolley ride from us. For that special occasion, romantic weekend or well planned family vacation, Best Western Toni Inn in Pigeon Forge offers a variety of hotel accommodations and amenities sure to please all travelers. Free Hot Continental Breakfast • Family Rooms • Whirlpool Rooms • Non-Smoking Rooms • Queen and King Beds • In-room Coffee Makers, Microwaves and Small Refrigerators • Hairdryers • Flat Screen Televisions • Free Premium Movie Channel & Wireless Internet • Heated Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs. ELEVATOR. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Cancelon, Best Western + Iniative, getaroom.com and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Toni Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Toni Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Best Western Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Best Western