“Average Tex Mex.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
White House, Tennessee
“Average Tex Mex.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped to dine late during the week. The salsa was watery and had no taste. Chips were crispy and warm. I ask the waiter for some hotter salsa, same stuff.... The shrimp tacos were average. My wife's enchilada was good. The servings are large. No sure if we will return...

Visited September 2013

Raleigh, NC
“Finally gluten free Mexican”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Loved being able to eat Mexican again!! Had the nachos with no pain. Hubby ate the shrimp pineapple burrito and said it was amazing! Salsa was very fresh.

• Visited September 2013
West Jefferson, North Carolina
“Eater's regret.....”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Upon arrival was matter of factly suggested that we go eat in the bar. Waitress saw us, didn't acknowledge us. Waited. Waited. Finally took our drink order and brought each thing to our table in about 10 trips...all too long apart. We finally said we would like to order. Got (crushed) chips and salsa that was pretty blando for a Mexican place,and they had no hotter options. Ordered mucho nachos that came sitting soggily in some kind of juice, and to top it all off there was a hair on top that my 7 year old found as soon as it arrived. My green enchiladas were bland....service was terrible. Waitstaff seemed to be stretched too thin. No way Jose, will I be coming back.

• Visited September 2013
YouMatter, Public Relations Manager at No Way Jose's Cantina, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Because we pride ourselves with a "no exceptions" commitment to the freshest ingredients, your review, shows us that no matter what, there's always room for improvement. We do hope that you would consider dining with us again in the future and we thank you for taking time to leave your comments.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best Mexican Restaurant in East Tennessee!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Date of Visit: Saturday, August 24, 2013
Pros: Great food, good service, nice atmosphere
Cons: Hostess and Host were not friendly at all

This has to be one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in the area. I have never been to a restaurant in Mexico so I can’t tell you if it’s authentic but it sure is good! They have the best salsa (more light and fruity than thick and spicy) and the best queso cheese. They have something called sweet corn masa which I have never seen anywhere else, but its kind of like a flaky cornbread, its really good! The mexican rice is the best too in my opinion, and the food is not overly spicy but still flavorful. There is a Jose’s in Gatlinburg too which is also good. The décor is of course typical (American) Mexican restaurant with sombreros and Spanish music playing. There is also a bar/biker bar in the back that is attached to the restaurant but not really part of it, if that’s your kind of thing. It’s hard to see off the Parkway but well worth the stop (traffic light 3)! This place is the best! The only issue we had this time was the host and hostess – they had no personality and did not seem to care about the guests at all. But everything else was perfect as usual.

• Visited August 2013
“Great Mexican food and service, all for an affordable price!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at this restaurant for several years and have never been disappointed. This visit was superb because of our waiter, Ian. He was very polite, gracious, efficient and friendly, yet he was never bothersome. We travel a lot for the past 38 years and my wife and I agree he is one of the very best. Add to this the great food and it helps make a trip a success!

• Visited August 2013