“Awesome thing to do!”

Iron Mountain Metal Craft
Ranked #7 of 22 Tours in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I've always wanted to do some blacksmithing and this is the place (and price) to do it!! I'll enjoy the knife I made for a long time.

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"horseshoe"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 23, 2018

This place is absolutely amazing. The shop itself is small, but they have a variety of items. Among those are some very impressive knives and black metal roses. But these aren't the best parts about this shop.
Here's the best part: you can take a blacksmith tutorial where you actually forge your own knife. Even better, you can do it with your kid, like I did. You use a railroad spike that you beat into a knife. You then twist half of it into a really cool handle. My son (5 years old) used half a pony shoe to make his knife. They sharpen them for you and they wisely asked if I wanted my son's sharp or not. I had them sharpen it and then dull the edge so I can sharpen it when he's old enough. They were quite professional and safe. At the same time, Robby Bowman (the blacksmith) was energetic and exciting. When we finished he had us feeling like we'd just left a football game and our team won. It was a blast and a memory that we will never forget. You can make appointments to forge your knife, but they aren't required. I really just can't oversell this place. You need to check it out.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Me and my 13 yr old daughter went here to make our own objects. I made a railroad spike knife and she made the horse show heart. We both had fun and was glad to try our own stuff. Would recommend going here. You do have to make reservations to make your own stuff.

1  Thank tazman569
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Awesome experience! I planned this for my Husband to do on our anniversary trip. The people are so nice and make you feel very comfortable. Husband did the railroad spike and I did the pony shoe. Our knives turned out great. They give you a leather holder for your knife that you can take two doors down to have your name , date and/or initials put on. We will definitely be back with the kids and grandkids.

2  Thank BeckieM73