“Fantastic Place To Stay!!”

Best Western Plaza Inn
Ranked #15 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Stanley, Virginia
“Fantastic Place To Stay!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2009

My Wife and i always travel to Pigoen Forge to celebrate our Wedding anniversary. We were looking for somewhere different to stay this year and we chose Best Western Plaza Inn. We were elatated!! This was one of the best Hotels we have ever stayed in. Everything was perfect, right down to the linens. The desk clerks were so friendly and courteous, housekeeping went out of their way to see we had everything we needed. We just cant say enough good about this Hotel. In February, my son and his girlfriend were getting married in Gatlinburg, we reccommended this hotel for our entire family to stay in, and we did. Everybody was soooooo thrilled with their rooms. My Mom is very very picky about where she stays, and she herself said how wonderful this Hotel was. Thank you Best Western for making our stays so enjoyable. We have found a new Hotel and have no plans to stay anywhere else when we are in Pigeon Forge!!!!!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Clarksville
Reviewed February 9, 2009

We just returned from Pigeon Forge after staying at the Best Western Plaza Inn. As a travel agent I never recommend going somewhere without reservations but, on a last minute whim, decided to do it for the first time in my life. We were looking for a king jacuzzi/fireplace room for three nights with no real budget in mind. A good value was a must. This area has a huge variety of accomodations from 0 to 5 stars and everything in between. My first two stops found no availability for my needs and one that was extremely overpriced. The third had no availability but suggested I try next door. She spoke highly of them and stated they had several rooms that fit my needs, so I did. The exterior was clean and well maintained. The lot was pretty empty for a friday afternoon so I felt hopeful. The desk clerk was friendly and attentive. I told her what my interests were and she quickly entered them in to the computer with a quick reply. One room left that met my needs. I was expecting the hammer to fall when I asked the price but, to my surprise, not only was it fair but the going discount was applied. Hesitant about my sudden good fortune I asked if we could preview the room before deciding and without hesitation she radioed the maintenance staff to assist us with the preview. Off I went and he was waiting for me when I arrived at the building. The friendly guy took me directly to the room and after a quick showing I asked him to radio her back to tell her I was headed her way to secure the reservation. He did so and said he woudl warm the room up for us, whic he did.

There were no surprises at check-in. The attendant was informative and friendly- everything was prompt and smooth. We stayed in room #590, a king, riverview, jacuzzi suite with a fireplace. With the balcony door open the sound of the Pigeon River filled the room. The room was clean and well presented. No maintenance issues occurred during our stay and the houskeeping staff were friendly and performed daily with no complaints on service. Continental breakfast was served daily form 7 to 10 am in the Continental Cafe. The offerings were fresh and the cafe was clean. We didn't use the pool but I did look in and it seemed to mirror those found at other locations nearby. There were several attractions, shops, and good restaurants within walking distance which made the location very walking-friendly.

With a courteous staff, clean accomodations, and convenient location, this Inn is a great value for the price. As an agent, not only would I recommend this location to a client looking for a good value property, I would also stay here again myself. Thanks to the staff for a pleasant and relaxing weekend!

• Liked — Great value.
  • Disliked — No hot breakfast.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Ocala, FL
Reviewed November 29, 2008

We stayed during Thanksgiving week and were very pleased with the rates. We stayed on the 2nd floor and LOVED the beds. Other than the carpet being worn, the room was always very clean. The breakfast area may be a little tight on a busy weekend, but it's nicer than having to sit in a typical hotel lobby just to have some breakfast - at least they have a separate area. Location was great...rate was perfect for a holiday week...we'd stay again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Worn carpet and very slow Wi-Fi
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
Reviewed October 15, 2008

Hot water in shower was NEVER consistent. Ran scalding hot, then freezing cold, then just ran out!!! Maintenance took out the water saver washer thinking this would fix a plumbing problem. Were told we were near the laundry area which seemed to be affecting the hot water supply. Kind of like being in an old house when someone flushes and the hot water burns you, then it freezes you. UNACCEPTABLE! Was told we would still be billed for remaining days if we left. At check-out, clerk laughed when I explained the problems. We also came back to the room one afternoon and found 2 maids watching TV while sitting on our beds. Very unprofessional! Outdoor hot tub needed a step added, as everyone who got in complained that the step down was too big a drop and was dangerous. Go anywhere else but here. Will NEVER stay at this hotel again! Only thing good about it was the location, but there are plenty of other hotels to choose from.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Could not get consistent Hot Water.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
cruisers08
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We recently returned from a four night stay in Pigeon Forge, TN where we stayed at the Best Western Plaza Inn. We booked online and decided on this hotel based on the price and the amenities advertised. At checkin, the desk clerks were very rude. If you stay here, request NOT to be in rooms 134 or 135. Room 134 had the loudest a/c that woke us every night. Room 135 was right beside laundry and housekeeping. Every morning by 7 AM they congregated around our room talking and prepping to clean rooms. The hotel was not full and I wish we would have requested another room - it is just a hassle to move adults, kids, etc.! Room was nice - very large, however, the beds were terrible. We had read this in reviews and it is correct! I was sore every morning.
The continental breakfast had a lot to be desired! Same thing every morning. Typically at Days Inns and other chain hotels, there is a meat, yogurt, fruit and waffle maker, etc. Donuts, toast, waffles to toast, peaches, boiled eggs were offered. Breakfast area is congested and poorly laid out.
Behind the front desk is one computer for Internet access. Alot of sites are blocked and when we inquired the desk clerk, again, was very rude.
The pools were very nice as were the hot tubs.
Overall, not a terrible place to stay. I would choose another hotel next time.

• Liked — Pools/hot tubs
  • Disliked — uncomfortable beds
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We stayed in a King Jacuzzi Suite on the 5th floor. Bed was comfortable.. Large room! We brought our pack and play for our 10 month old son and still had plenty of room. Loved the jacuzzi. We had a balcony by the river. Very peaceful. Great view of river and mountains. Our room had a fireplace but we did not need it being August and all. Wasn't crazy about the breakfast selections. The good thing is the hotel is around plenty of food choices. Didn't use the pools so no comment. Only negative thing was the tub wasn't clean when we came in.

• Liked — King Bed, Jacuzzi
  • Disliked — Hair in tub
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Ontario
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Where do I start? We stayed here for 2 nights during our vacation in TN. What a disappointment this place was!!! The room was not very clean and the tub was black on the bottom!! The beds were horrible, we didn't sleep much because they were so uncomfortable. Our feet stuck to the carpet when we walked across the floor. We spilled some water on the counter and when we wiped it up the towel was black!!! When we came back to the room the second day, housekeeping had been there, but there was dirt all over the washroom floor and the coffee maker hadn't been wiped out or anything. I could go on but I think I got my point across. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It was dirty!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family