“Very Cosy!”

Ranked #14 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Wise, Virginia
“Very Cosy!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Enjoyed our stay as usual at this hotel.... location great.... easy walking area behind hotel.... convenient to local attractions....Would recommend this hotel to anyone whether for business or pleasure....

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael S, General Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear barb18221022,
Thank you so much for the nice comments and good review. We appreciate your loyalty over the years. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

Michael Stienbarger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Leivasy
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just spent 3 nights here and would definitely stay again. Our room was very clean and huge. We had a private balcony overlooking the back road and the river. Our room was extremely quiet. The free breakfast was probably the best I've had at a hotel - biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, cereals, donuts, peaches. Jackie and Sandy from the kitchen were very friendly and helpful. It was a little bit of a hike from our room to the indoor pool, but the pool area was very nice. Hotel is within walking distance to the Dixie Stampede. Overall it was an excellent place to stay and exceeded my expectations.

Dear Lesley D,
Thank you so much for the nice comments and great review. I am so glad to see that we exceeded your expectations and thank you for sharing your experience. We are proud of our staff and we appreciate you recognizing them. I will pass on the nice comments to Sandy and Jackie. Again thanks for the great review and we look forward to seeing you folks again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

This is your basic hotel. It was clean, staff that we encountered were friendly, had all the amenities we needed for - 2-night stay. Noticed people in the indoor pool but I didn't personally try it. Best part is it is within walking distance to the Dixie Stampede and very close to Dollywood. The lobby was decorated for Christmas. Continental breakfast is your basic fare. However due to tour bus travelers, it was packed with no place to sit. We took our coffee, juice and sweet roll back to the room. Recommend if you are a frugal traveler like me.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Francesskh:
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us. I am sorry to hear that it was so congested back in the breakfast area during your stay. This time of year the area is such a popular destination for tour groups which causes things to become very busy at times. Again we appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you folks again your next trip to the area.

Antioch, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Me and my wife and family Typically Stay here whenever in the area always bee good and reliable to us... will stay again.. love that it is in a neutral area with walking or trolley access just outside the front doors. Loved this time we saw the Holiday decorations and enjoyed that all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear John W:
Thank you for your review and you nice comments. We appreciate you being a loyal guest with us over the years. I am glad to hear that you were able to take in the Christmas Decorations it’s such a wonderful time of year. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

Hiram, Georgia
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary and we were very pleased. When I made the reservation online I asked for a room with a balcony if they had one available. Once we got there they said that there were no balconies available, but they had a bigger room with 2 queen beds, a bigger bathroom with a jacuzzi, and a fireplace available for the same price if I was interested. Needless to say I took the offer. It was perfect for us and our daughter; she had plenty of room to play. Thank you guys! We will be back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear horormovies122:
Thank you for your review and you great comments. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great experience with us. We look forward to having you all back! Thanks again.

Chardon, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I would say that this hotel was ok, but not great! The best thing were the pillows! Maybe I was just really tired, but the pillows were so comfortable that I fell asleep quickly. The thing people should know that the hotel does not advertise is that you have to walk outside (in my case a great distance) to get to the indoor pool (unless you have a poolside room)! Not great during cold weather! It was also easy to hear people through the walls coughing and talking. Breakfast included biscuits and gravy (I don't eat them so I can't tell you if they were good or not), bear waffles (cute if you're a kid), and a very few other options. The breadfast area seemed a bit unorganized. They had an awesome gazebo with a fireplace! Too bad they had the area closed off. It would have been nice on a cool night!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Karen K:
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was just ok. The Pillows are brand standard with BEST WESTERN (comforel brand), and I am glad you enjoyed them. If a guest wants to be close to the indoor pool, breakfast or even the office they will just request that during the time the reservation is made and we do the best we can to get them close to that area. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to you visiting the Great Smoky Mountains area again.

Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The entire staff was very friendly and professional. The rooms were very clean and neat. Our greatest experience was from the two ladies that worked the continental breakfast. My mother is handicapped and in a wheelchair. My sister rolled our mother into the breakfast area which had no tables. We left her sitting there for a few minutes while we packed the car. A table opened up. Sandy and Janis came over to my mother to ask if they could move her to the open and table and get her some coffee or tea while we packed the car. They did move mother to the table and she was drinking her hot tea when we came back in to eat breakfast. That gesture of kindness form Sandy and Janis meant a great deal to us. You do not find customer service like that anymore.

Dear susanmanry:
Thank you for your great comments and review. This is such a fantastic review I am so glad you shared it with us. I am glad to hear you had such a good experience with us. We are so proud of our staff and how they connect with the folks that stay with us. This is what it is all about hospitality at its finest and I assure you I have let Sandy and Janice know about the great job they did. Thank you again for this wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you guys again.