“Weekend Hangout”

Best Western Plaza Inn
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Me and my wife and family Typically Stay here whenever in the area always bee good and reliable to us... will stay again.. love that it is in a neutral area with walking or trolley access just outside the front doors. Loved this time we saw the Holiday decorations and enjoyed that all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Michael S, General Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear John W:
Thank you for your review and you nice comments. We appreciate you being a loyal guest with us over the years. I am glad to hear that you were able to take in the Christmas Decorations it’s such a wonderful time of year. We look forward to seeing you folks again.

Michael Stienbarger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,945)

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary and we were very pleased. When I made the reservation online I asked for a room with a balcony if they had one available. Once we got there they said that there were no balconies available, but they had a bigger room with 2 queen beds, a bigger bathroom with a jacuzzi, and a fireplace available for the same price if I was interested. Needless to say I took the offer. It was perfect for us and our daughter; she had plenty of room to play. Thank you guys! We will be back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear horormovies122:
Thank you for your review and you great comments. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great experience with us. We look forward to having you all back! Thanks again.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I would say that this hotel was ok, but not great! The best thing were the pillows! Maybe I was just really tired, but the pillows were so comfortable that I fell asleep quickly. The thing people should know that the hotel does not advertise is that you have to walk outside (in my case a great distance) to get to the indoor pool (unless you have a poolside room)! Not great during cold weather! It was also easy to hear people through the walls coughing and talking. Breakfast included biscuits and gravy (I don't eat them so I can't tell you if they were good or not), bear waffles (cute if you're a kid), and a very few other options. The breadfast area seemed a bit unorganized. They had an awesome gazebo with a fireplace! Too bad they had the area closed off. It would have been nice on a cool night!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Karen K:
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was just ok. The Pillows are brand standard with BEST WESTERN (comforel brand), and I am glad you enjoyed them. If a guest wants to be close to the indoor pool, breakfast or even the office they will just request that during the time the reservation is made and we do the best we can to get them close to that area. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to you visiting the Great Smoky Mountains area again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The entire staff was very friendly and professional. The rooms were very clean and neat. Our greatest experience was from the two ladies that worked the continental breakfast. My mother is handicapped and in a wheelchair. My sister rolled our mother into the breakfast area which had no tables. We left her sitting there for a few minutes while we packed the car. A table opened up. Sandy and Janis came over to my mother to ask if they could move her to the open and table and get her some coffee or tea while we packed the car. They did move mother to the table and she was drinking her hot tea when we came back in to eat breakfast. That gesture of kindness form Sandy and Janis meant a great deal to us. You do not find customer service like that anymore.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear susanmanry:
Thank you for your great comments and review. This is such a fantastic review I am so glad you shared it with us. I am glad to hear you had such a good experience with us. We are so proud of our staff and how they connect with the folks that stay with us. This is what it is all about hospitality at its finest and I assure you I have let Sandy and Janice know about the great job they did. Thank you again for this wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you guys again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Staff was friendly, hotel was clean, room was clean and had plenty of room. Over all the hotel was acceptable. The outside of the hotel looks aged and it was hard to tell where the office was located to check in. The bed was a little more firm than I like but for just a night or two it was okay. Hair dryer only half worked and the refurbished bathtub felt like it had a slope in it made me feel unstable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TripAdvisor Member:
I appreciate your comments and review of our property. We don’t deny we are a seasoned property that has years of experience in this industry which in turn is a benefit to our guests. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if something isn’t working properly. We have maintenance on property to repair or replace things such as the hairdryer. Again thanks for your comments and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I would not say at this inn again ever -- the first room we got was on the second floor. It had stains on the floor -- the remote didn't work -- we went and asked for a different room -- we moved next door -- which was okay -- but I felt like it was just not up to my standards and I wouldn't put anything on the floor. Will not go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear DLB621,
I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was a “Disaster”. We have our carpets professionally cleaned regularly throughout the year. There are also plans for replacing carpet when the traffic slows down and this season ends. We would never want you to feel uncomfortable and I hate to hear that you felt this way about one of our rooms. I apologize again and we hope you folks will give Best Western Plaza Inn another try the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much. These two motels were two of the more reasonable in the area during the fall. We were very surprised at the quality of our rooms and stay. Excellent value Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Michael S, General Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Richard V,
Thank you for your review and kind comments. We appreciate you folks staying with us and look forward to having you folks again your next trip to the area.

Thanks again,