“Budget friendly and clean”

Best Western Plaza Inn
Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Trenton, Ohio
“Budget friendly and clean”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

stayed for the Spring Grand rod run w/ small child. we stayed in the back part of hotel w/ private balconies. it was very quiet which surprised me since there is a back road near by. Nice sized kiddie pool in front. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Large breakfast area w/ biscuits gravy, bagels, waffles, cereals. During the week the indoor pool was not heated. We towed a car down for the car show so we had to park our truck and trailer in the field next door but it was free and there was someone there keeping an eye on things. Our room was large, quiet and clean.The location was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Ravenna, Kentucky, Usa
Reviewed April 21, 2013

It was a wonderful place to stay. We were away for our 5 year wedding anniversary and the front desk workers were wonderful making our stay a little more special and it was clean and a very good location. will stay again on our next anniversary trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Fairfield, Washington
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had booked 3 nights 6 months in advance for the spring rod run. I chose it for the indoor pool as well as location. It is an older hotel, 3 levels. Part of it is open to boulevard, great if you are there for the rod run and don't mind the noise. A smaller part lies in the back and is much more quieter. Downfall is that they only 2 elevators so if you are handicap and can't negotiate even a handicap ramp that they do have, be sure to bring it up to the hotel clerk and see if they can't get you a room nearer to an elevator. Rooms are standard but clean. Beds are comfortable!! I have a bad back and it tells if the mattress is uncomfortable, I wake up crying in pain but it was a pleasant surprise to find my back was in great shape. Would have loved a room overlooking the indoor pool so I could soak my joints in the hottub but that wasn't to be had. Even with the rod run heavy traffic, hotel is situated by Dollywood Lane which turns into Veterans Blvd. easy access around the traffic. Good place to stay and not only would I come back, I would recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, ask for one in the back of hotel (it's nice, looks like a garden area), to v...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darlene N
Amherst, Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

WOW, was I surprised when I opened the door to the room. It was EXCELLENT, beds had new pillowtop comfortable mattresses, comforter was clean as was the ENTIRE room. I was not keen on a drive up hotel as I prefer the rooms to open on a hallway inside of the bldg, BUT this walkway was not bad at all and there was an elevator as well. The indoor pool was WONDERFUL and my 6 yr old granddaughter loved it. The outdoor pool will be an asset in the SUMMER. The CAFE for the Continental Breakfast was OUTSTANDING and the biscuits and hot gravy, plus the BEAR DESIGN WAFFLE and other items available were most delicious. The decor of the CAFE was decorated topnotch and the LADIES, were on top of the continious flow of GUESTS and always pleasant and smiling. These ladies work really hard to present an above average Breakfast Feast. The FRONT DESK personnel were always attentive and never without a smile, ANESHIA and Carrie were well groomed and perfect for the positions they held. The HOUSEKEEPING STAFF. what can I say, our HK was Catalina, from Hungary and spoke decent English and so sweet and kind, always trying to accommodate the many rooms and each Guest with the greatest of cleaniless and care. THE ROOMS were beyond clean and pleasant. Another HK, Deborah has worked there many years and shared a photo of her only grandchild, a grandson who had at birth, heart surgery and Vanderbilt Hospital and GOD has blessed this child and made a very happy Grandmother. She was always kind to my family while there and said if we needed ANYTHING, to let her or Catalina know. We stayed for 4 nights and they were pleasurable and the BW rate was better than any of the travel sites. Always call Best Western before you go on a travel site. NO, I do not work for BW, but it appears to be a caring company and we love to stay at Best Western on all of our trips. Sylvia Spencer, Amherst, Virginia

Room Tip: Ask to see the room and location before you check in.
Indianapolis, Indiana, Usa
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I found this hotel on hotels.com got a great rate, plus my Mom found it and stayed there back in IOctober of 2012 and she liked it. Great place to stay indoor pool was cold, but the kids played in it. There are two outdoor pools too cold for us to get in the week we were there in April 2013. The only thing that I had a problem with was that the breakfast stopped at 10:00am. When we are on vaca we don't always get up early when we go to shows late or out on the trails all day the day before. It they see you walking upto the door at 10:00am they will run to lock it from the inside. My suggestions for breakfast get there before 8:00am and there will be plenty and there will still be room to sti there and eat. Most of the time we were there we just took our food back to our room. Great hotel and the friendliest staff ever. We will come back and stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western