“Good room, great clerk.”

Best Western Plaza Inn
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We arrived without a reservation and reception was very friendly with quick exact service. The room was very clean as were the grounds. The breakfast was run of the mill, but plentiful and roomy. Pools were crowded but we were there July 23, 2012.

Room Tip: We asked for and received a ground floor room (to avoid stairs with bags) and 2 queen beds and that...
1  Thank Shoehorse
Write a ReviewReviews (1,945)

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Keep driving. My family and I aren't big on making reservations, we prefer to take a look at the room before booking. We stopped here on July 23, 2012 and asked to see the room. The room they showed us was beautiful, nice and clean, so we took it. After paying we realized that they gave us another room which wasn't the nice, pretty one we had originally looked at. Our room was dirty!! My husband was so irritated by the dust that he got a towel and wipped off the refrigerator that the previous guests had drew pictures on in the dust. The table was sticky, and the chair was broken. My 10 year old went to move it and the entire arm lifted off. My husband called the front desk to report our findings but they already had our money, so big deal! Nothing is convenient here. Good luck finding the ice and vending machines if you're higher than ground level. The pools are completely over crowded. They have more concrete than water. The pool in the back is the nicest, however, the hot tub...well, it's just another pool of water, cold water that is. It's broken and seems to have been for a while. The breakfast is just okay. The biscuits and gravy is okay, better if you take it to your room and heat it up. The grounds are really pretty and well maintained. I really felt uncomfortable here and couldn't wait to leave. Needless to say, my first night was also my last. We were out of there and checked into another hotel before 10 am the next morning. We visit Pigeon Forge yearly and this is the first time that we have ever left a place after the first night. I was just totally unimpressed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bgrayt
opti1013, Manager at Best Western Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

I apologize that you had a bad experience with us here at the Best Western Plaza Inn. If we show you a room and you are ready to check in then typically that is the room that you will have. I am not sure what happened in you case. Did you look at a room for a future stay? We get many compliments and praise from guests about the cleanliness of our rooms and property but if there is an issue we want a chance to resolve it. Please let us know of any problems and we will try to take care of them on the spot. We have four areas on property where there are Vending and Ice Machines and any one of our staff would be more than happy to explain or show our guests their locations. Our free breakfast offers sausage gravy & biscuits, waffle makers, donuts, cereals, yogurt, bagels, toast, fruit, hard boiled eggs, coffee and juices from 7am-10am. We have two outdoor pools and one indoor pool and they do get busy especially with temperatures as hot as they have been this year. I apologize the Jacuzzi was down during your last visit. We have been working to try and get that resolved. We do have two other whirl pools that were working great on property. We want our guest to have a great stay. If a guest is not happy with their accommodations we do not obligate them to stay. As long as they check-out by 11:00am the remainder of their stay will be refunded. Your satisfaction is always important to us and we thank you for your feedback.

Michael Stienbarger (GM)

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The photos are old.My wife and I travelled there July 20,2012 after making a reservation(big mistake).The room appeared dirty, about a 5.5 on a scale 1-10. It was near the indoor pool and the noise coming from the pool was deafening along with the kids running back and forth on the balcony. We declined and asked for a refund but were told they did not give refunds. So we left and went elsewhere.It was not anywhere near as nice as the photos made it look.We will not make reservations now until we eyeball the place.While we lost $100 we have spent a good deal of time writing reviews and telling friends who frequent Pigeon Forge to avoid this one.

Room Tip: Do not reserve a room,wait and eyeball them first the web photos lie.
2  Thank Joel F
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Arrived on July 4th with no reservations. As a platnum cardholder they gave us a suite. This hotel is remarkable for the the area. We went from the worst Best Western in Gatlinburg to the best BW in Pigeon Forge. The room was tottally spotless, well equipted, very roomy, and I felt at home. I cannot speek highly enough about the front desk clerks as they was phenominal in my every need. My Parents was staying in Pigeon Forge also at another property on the other end of town, My Father, a Veteran, and my Mother disabled. When I asked the front desk for an additional parking pass so My parents could watch the fireworks they was very happy to accomadate me. This is a very large property with 2 outside pools and an indoor pool. breakfast was of average fair but good and plenty. Hostess made sure of it. We arrived to breakfast just before they closed and they ran out of waffle mix, but the hostess made up a batch just for us. Wish they could expand the breakfast a little bit by adding eggs and a meat.

I see other reviews saying outdated TV and amenities but ours had a flat screen and was very well stocked with amenities. The only thing outdated was the color of the tiles in the bathroom.
Prices was a little high, but it was the 4th of July and can be expected to a certain extent.
Any time I visit the Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg Area I will definitly be staying at this BW.

Property is very well laid out with a tunnel leading to a back parking lot which has access to a backroad that takes you to the Old Mill area or Dollywood without making you go on the busy strip. NICE!

I would like to see it more updated according to other reviews because the service and room I got was of the BW Plus or BW Premier type hotels.

Room Tip: Not telling, My secret!
1  Thank tlogsdon
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I cannot complain about my stat. It wasn't the cleanest, but it also wasn't nasty. The free "breakfast" left a lot to be desired, but you can't expect a whole lot more for what the room costs for the night.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We found this property to be very clean, comfortable and affordable. Stayed here 5 nights with our great-grandsons. I paid a little extra for the mountain view room. We were very happy with the choice. At the front desk I was asked if we wanted "higher or lower". I picked higher so were on the 4th floor right above the pool in back. Fridge and microwave in the room, bedding was comfortable, nice balcony with two chairs. Granted it is not an uninterruped view of the mountains as you are in an urban setting. If you require that then get a mountain cabin! It was nice as the kids felt like they had their own private pool. The ONLY complaint I had was the hot tub in back was cold. My husband was looking forward to relaxing in it after a long day on the road. I asked about it when we checked out and was told they were working on it. Apparently the one at the pool in front did work but we were too tired to walk all the way up to that one. Staff were always pleasant. Only ate breakfast there once. Was sufficient to get you by. The waffles are bear shaped! Take the back way out as it is alot less congested, even tho it does come out on the Parkway eventually, you take a left out of the lot in back and the first street to the right goes to Dollywood [2 mi] or go straight and the next cross street takes you to the Old MIll complex. Would reccommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are quieter and close to the pool in back.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank flomar728
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is a very clean Best Western, especially considering its size and volume of people staying there. The wifi is very spotty so if that is important to you be aware of this. Since were were rarely in the room that was fine. Also, the complimentary breakfast is a carb-lovers dream, but there is very little in the way of protein options. The staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family