“I always stay here”

Best Western Plaza Inn
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We go to Pigeon Forge almost every year. I have tried several other hotels but always come back to the Plaza Inn. It is a great room for the price. It is always very clean and the staff is very friendly. The pools are warm. I like the inside pool so I can get the kids out of the hot sun in the summer.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean R

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed here in October to enjoy the fall leaves. I booked a better room because it was advertised as a balcony with a river view and "seasonal" fireplace. The balcony was 5 feet from a busy street where cars and trucks raced up and down all night. There was no way you could open the door and enjoy the fresh air. There was no "river view" because it was across the street and blocked by trees. When I asked how to turn on the fireplace, I was told that it was not turned on until November. Even though the temperature was in the 30's at night, they would not turn it on. I believe that October is fall and a great time to have a fire.

There were also dead bed bugs on the top of my chest. I later read online that the place had bed bugs. Luckily they had taken care of those before my trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Texasstarr
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Quite a large hotel in a good position. Clean large room with balcony and view to the smoky mountains. Next door to the Dixie Stampede dinner show just a couple of minutes walk away.
Did not eat the free breakfast so cannot comment. Enjoyed our stay in Pigeon Forge plenty to see and do. Would like to return to do more sight seeing as we only had a two night stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed here with my Mom, fiance, and future mother-in-law the weekend of Aug. 25-26 for a quick shopping trip in Pigeon Forge. We weren't looking for a fancy hotel for this trip, just somewhere clean to sleep for a good value, but we were all pleasantly surprised with the Best Western Plaza Inn. The employees were all friendly and helpful (even with my Mom's crazy request to see if they'd let her borrow a lounge chair from the pool to sleep in because her back was hurting and sitting up helped!). The property is a little old, but everything in our room was clean, in good working order, and pleasant. Some other reviewers had issues with the cleanliness of the carpet - in the room we stayed in (306), it looked almost new. There were also new coffee makers and a fridge that looked quite new.
The two pools that we tried - the indoor one and the one out front - were the best part of our stay. Though the indoor one is only 3' deep, the pool area was well-kept and quite pretty as far as hotel pools go. The outdoor pool was a good size, went up to 6' deep, and was very clean and pleasant. We all love to spend time in pools, and we were thrilled that we had such nice ones to play around in!
Our only complaint was the beds - the mattresses were harder than we were comfortable with. But it's also worth noting that they were very clean - having had some nasty surprises in other hotels, I was glad for the cleanliness.
We'd definitely stay here again - a great little hotel with lots of value!

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We recently rented a cabin for a week in Gatlinburg and we mistakenly arrived a day early. So after a 9 hour drive we had to find a hotel room in the area at 9pm on a Saturday in August. I called several of the top recommended trip advisor hotels in the area and they had no vacancy, and we were tired, so we just happened upon this hotel as we drove down the parkway. The front desk staff was friendly. My kids enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools. The breakfast included was fair, and included both hot (frozen waffles) and cold items, such as cereal, hard boiled eggs, and canned peaches. The room was outdated but spacious and clean, with the exception of the carpet. It was stained and dirty. You won't want to walk barefoot on this carpet. For this reason, I would not stay here again. With so many other options in the area, I'm sure you can do better for the money.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

This Best Western is absolutely wonderful. The rooms are of great size, updated TVs and amenities. The breakfast is served in a cute club house with rockers out front. The landscaping is top quality and the Inn is perfectly in between Gatlinburg and the buzzing life on the strip. Friendly staff and very clean rooms. I have stayed here many, many times and will continues to stay in the future.

1  Thank Twinkybean
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Traveled to Pigeon Forge the w/end of August 6-7 and stayed at the Best Western. Check in was easy. Booked two rooms and we were given them on the 2nd floor. Can't complain about the rooms as they were clean, neat and ready to go. For the first time ever I noticed that our soap was made in China...thought that was interesting that we can't make soap in the USA anymore? Oh well...room was not a Las Vegas room but then again I did not expect it to be. Fortunately we had no surprises and yes I would stay there again. My title for the trip...yes all in all it was an expensive w/end as nothing is cheap in Pigeon Forge at this time. I would say the best time to go is in the spring and fall as the rates normally get cheaper and less people there. I was satisfied however.