“Great ATV Experience”

Bluff Mountain Adventures
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband wanted something different to do and I found this on TripAdvisor and it had great reviews. And, they were right. This was a first class experience for a first-timer. My husband and I went to the office on the parkway at 11:30 AM and he was set to go on the 2:00 tour. He then dropped me at the outlets and he drove 30 minutes to the site off Wear's Valley Rd for the 90 minute ride. He enjoyed this so much that he went again the next day for a 3 hour custom ride with Dennis. Pretty good for a first time rider!

You must go to the office in person to sign up for a ride. They went at 10, noon, 2 and 4:00 when we were there.

He'll be going again next time we're in town.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family (2 girls ages 21 and 18) and my husband and myself decided to go ATVng while in Tennessee. It is VERY expensive so I thought we could do a Rhino, which I thought was a double ATV. It's not. It is a combination between a dune buggy and a golf cart. So we decided to do the ATV's for each of us. None of us had gone before and the girls and me were a little nervous. We caught on quick. We had decided to the 11 mile tour (we thought 5 miles was too short). It is a long way up that mountain with ALOT of rocks and pits. I was exhausted by the time we got to the top. The view IS amazing, though. The trip down was alot faster. If there were no rocks I would do it again instantly. Otherwise, not sure. There is only a $5 coupon available so it was almost $300 for our family. Glad we did it, not sure we would do it again- too pricey.

1  Thank prepper
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great ride, through breathtaking scenery! Guides were thorough and awesome! Whole family had a blast!!!

1  Thank Chefdaddy2472
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Tyler, your awesome. This was the best ATV ride ever. You haven't went 4 wheeling till you've been to Bluff Mountain. The site at the top of the mountain is breathless. Our ride was considered the ridge trail. Our 2 sons ,18 and 21, rode ATV's by themselves and my husband and I rode a 2 seater. We 4 wheel in Indiana but never like this. The talk of out trip. We'll be back Tyler.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We called to inquire about prices, and the lady on the phone was so friendly and helpful. I explained that our son was only 12 and she knew exactly what we needed for him. We stopped by the location to sign up and pay. Again, the lady was super friendly. She explained again that we could only go on the 1 hour ride since our son was only 12. He really didn't care that it was an hour...he was getting to ride an ATV in the Smoky's. She tried to work us in earlier in the day, but really suggested a 4:00 time for us. I'm glad she did cause it worked out great. She gave us extremely clear directions, a map, and written times on where to be at certain spots on the drive to the facility. That was so helpful.

We arrived at the location at 3:15 and got changed into our tennis shoes (you have to wear those or boots) and walked over to the building at 3:30. Upon arrival we chose mandatory helmets and goggles (unless you had sunglasses or glasses...you had to wear some type of eye protection). I want to mention that everything was sanitized. We all went to a room and viewed a video on safety. The instructor was great. They sent our son out to his ATV (300) first and he received 1:1 instruction from a girl. He said she was nice and made everything clear (he has lots of riding experience too). My husband and I went out to our 450's and also received very clear instructions. We both have riding experience, but they took their time providing everyone with clear directions and had tremendous patience working with each individual. That was so impressive. One group left before us, and we were assigned to Ryan. He was the best!! He took us on a practice trail which had all the same type of bumps, water, etc that the actual trail would have. There was a lady in our group that had never ridden and he made her feel so comfortable and really worked to help her out. Obviously, safety was his priority.

We went on the trail at a decent speed. He kept a good eye on the novice folks and used very clear hand signals for us to see. He kept everyone in sight and stopped twice on the first part of the trail and walked to each person to make sure we were okay. Much appreciated! Then, we really took off and had a blast. We went uphill, downhill, over rocks, over branches and limbs, in mild ruts, and through mud holes. Halfway through the ride we stopped at 1200 feet and everyone was given water. We stayed there a few minutes and then took off. Again, more trails and more fun. Near the end of the ride we went through some water (and mud) and got wet! It was so fun! We all had a blast, including the novice lady.

Ryan was fantastic. When we got back to the facility, we walked inside with our helmets and goggles, and he disinfected each item before they were put back on the shelf. Thanks to Ryan for a terrific day! Our son had a blast. Again, many thanks! We can't wait to get to come back for a longer ride!

Tips: Yes, you can take a camera. Yes, you will get wet, and probably a bit muddy, so wear old shoes.

2  Thank hillkrest