“Best.Attraction.Everrrrr!”

Bluff Mountain Adventures
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We called to inquire about prices, and the lady on the phone was so friendly and helpful. I explained that our son was only 12 and she knew exactly what we needed for him. We stopped by the location to sign up and pay. Again, the lady was super friendly. She explained again that we could only go on the 1 hour ride since our son was only 12. He really didn't care that it was an hour...he was getting to ride an ATV in the Smoky's. She tried to work us in earlier in the day, but really suggested a 4:00 time for us. I'm glad she did cause it worked out great. She gave us extremely clear directions, a map, and written times on where to be at certain spots on the drive to the facility. That was so helpful.

We arrived at the location at 3:15 and got changed into our tennis shoes (you have to wear those or boots) and walked over to the building at 3:30. Upon arrival we chose mandatory helmets and goggles (unless you had sunglasses or glasses...you had to wear some type of eye protection). I want to mention that everything was sanitized. We all went to a room and viewed a video on safety. The instructor was great. They sent our son out to his ATV (300) first and he received 1:1 instruction from a girl. He said she was nice and made everything clear (he has lots of riding experience too). My husband and I went out to our 450's and also received very clear instructions. We both have riding experience, but they took their time providing everyone with clear directions and had tremendous patience working with each individual. That was so impressive. One group left before us, and we were assigned to Ryan. He was the best!! He took us on a practice trail which had all the same type of bumps, water, etc that the actual trail would have. There was a lady in our group that had never ridden and he made her feel so comfortable and really worked to help her out. Obviously, safety was his priority.

We went on the trail at a decent speed. He kept a good eye on the novice folks and used very clear hand signals for us to see. He kept everyone in sight and stopped twice on the first part of the trail and walked to each person to make sure we were okay. Much appreciated! Then, we really took off and had a blast. We went uphill, downhill, over rocks, over branches and limbs, in mild ruts, and through mud holes. Halfway through the ride we stopped at 1200 feet and everyone was given water. We stayed there a few minutes and then took off. Again, more trails and more fun. Near the end of the ride we went through some water (and mud) and got wet! It was so fun! We all had a blast, including the novice lady.

Ryan was fantastic. When we got back to the facility, we walked inside with our helmets and goggles, and he disinfected each item before they were put back on the shelf. Thanks to Ryan for a terrific day! Our son had a blast. Again, many thanks! We can't wait to get to come back for a longer ride!

Tips: Yes, you can take a camera. Yes, you will get wet, and probably a bit muddy, so wear old shoes.

2  Thank hillkrest

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My son who is 13 an i went on the one hour ride at bluff mountain we have a wonderful guide i cant remember what her name was tho. my son was on there 300 an he was a first time rider. when we left out we went to a practice course we went through a few turns an the we stopped an she gave him some pointers to help him out an have him help on how to use his breaks the right way for goin down a hill. after that we went on our ride we ran at about 10 miles an hour she rode great an kept a close eye on my son an i we stopped about half way through an took a break they provided bottles of water an she told my son how well he was doing an took some pictures for us we continued the ride it ended with a splash through a creek overall it was a great time i would recommend to anyone

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My son and friend who are both 15 were very much looking forward to this ride. We had a new girl who was VERY strange for our guide. It was just the 3 of us and her. I don't remember her name. I was last and she was first. When we first started the ride before even entering the trails we were going about 6 miles per hour. She stopped the ride and told my son that if he keeps it up the whole family's ride is over. I was riding right behind my son and did not know what the heck she was talking about. She told me when we stopped that he had fish tailed the back tire. Again, I am not exaggerating we were literally going 6 miles an hour. My son looked shocked as I was. She ruined the trip for me and my son. We never went faster than 10 miles an hour which is fine, however, she almost flipped twice. I asked her how long she has been doing this she said April. So that means a little over 4 months. She did not look at us in the face once while talking and looked down and mumbled. I am extremely disappointed in this boring ride with the rude girl. I wish we would have had one of the other guides that others speak highly of. Try not to get this girl. Expensive ride and no view.

12  Thank Lynn J
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was our first time on an ATV, after this trip we will be adding to our activites. What I like they had different levels of rides so you can choose what you would be confortable with. We took the Mountain Trail ride -- more challenge but was fine for beginners. The staff at the signup offioce and at the site were great -- very friendly and hrelpful. They made you feel very confortable and answer all questions with asmie -- no matter how crazy. Our guide was Ryan (hope I go that right) and he was great. He was very aware of eveyone and kept a close eye out. We had a pretty good group that could keep up, so I think he adjusted the trip to us making it more fun. when we stopped he gave a great overview of the area form the top and helped everyone take pictures. He seemed more like a friend yu were just ut rideing with. Equipment is higher end quality and ran great. The have doubles so someone cna ride along it they do not want to drive. We are planning on going back in the fall, hopefull we will hit the colors.
Hints -- there office is in Pigeon Forge were you signup and pay -- go the day before so that you are not rushed. It take 45 minutes to get to the riding spot. Also use the map they give you -- it was easy to get to but on the back road there you need the map. Follow their suggestiona nd check you odometer where they tell you to -- otherwise you will convice yourself that oyu are lost.

1  Thank lgallag
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I called Bluff Mountain Adventures for pricing and info. I was told the information and also the lady I spoke with said to come in and by tickets early as the day could sell out. I drove 45 minutes to their office to buy tickets for the last ride of the day. When I walked in a lady with long grey hair and glasses asked me if I wanted to ride - I said yes and that I needed 5 tickets. She said where are the other riders - I told her I left them at the cabin over 45 minutes away. She said to bad - they all need to be here to fill out paperwork. I explained that I was never told that on the phone by her. She said she doesn't answer phones so she didn't tell me that but that whoever did answer the phone told me that. I told here I was never told this - why would I drive 45 minutes if I had been told that all riders needed to be present. I asked if I could purchase the tickets and come back with all of the riders so that at least we would have our spaces set for the last ride of the day. I was told no and that I was told about the policy about having all riders present. A. How would she know what I was told if she didn't talk to me B. Her rudeness and lack of customer service was unbelieveable - all she had to do was let me pay and hold on to all paperwork - if I didn't show with the riders they still would have got their money. I wasted almost two hours of my time on this. I am a consultant and will be billing this company my hourly rate of $300 for the wasted time. At least I can take a tax deduction when they fail to pay the bill.

17  Thank Brendan S
Atvrides, Manager at Bluff Mountain Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. Poor customer service is never acceptable and we apologize for the miscommunication.

Our policy states everyone going on the ride must be present when purchasing tickets. There are many reasons why, but primarily we have to witness their signature on our Consent Forms (children included), and anyone 16 years old or older must show Photo ID, preferably a driver’s license.

We held a staff meeting with all personnel and discussed the importance of informing our guests of all the information that is needed, not just answering questions. We will also place these instructions on our web site so that guests visiting our site will be more informed.

Please feel free to contact our office at anytime if you have any questions or concerns at 1-800-462-2134.