“Fun for every level”

Bluff Mountain Adventures
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was our first time on an ATV, after this trip we will be adding to our activites. What I like they had different levels of rides so you can choose what you would be confortable with. We took the Mountain Trail ride -- more challenge but was fine for beginners. The staff at the signup offioce and at the site were great -- very friendly and hrelpful. They made you feel very confortable and answer all questions with asmie -- no matter how crazy. Our guide was Ryan (hope I go that right) and he was great. He was very aware of eveyone and kept a close eye out. We had a pretty good group that could keep up, so I think he adjusted the trip to us making it more fun. when we stopped he gave a great overview of the area form the top and helped everyone take pictures. He seemed more like a friend yu were just ut rideing with. Equipment is higher end quality and ran great. The have doubles so someone cna ride along it they do not want to drive. We are planning on going back in the fall, hopefull we will hit the colors.
Hints -- there office is in Pigeon Forge were you signup and pay -- go the day before so that you are not rushed. It take 45 minutes to get to the riding spot. Also use the map they give you -- it was easy to get to but on the back road there you need the map. Follow their suggestiona nd check you odometer where they tell you to -- otherwise you will convice yourself that oyu are lost.

1  Thank lgallag

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I called Bluff Mountain Adventures for pricing and info. I was told the information and also the lady I spoke with said to come in and by tickets early as the day could sell out. I drove 45 minutes to their office to buy tickets for the last ride of the day. When I walked in a lady with long grey hair and glasses asked me if I wanted to ride - I said yes and that I needed 5 tickets. She said where are the other riders - I told her I left them at the cabin over 45 minutes away. She said to bad - they all need to be here to fill out paperwork. I explained that I was never told that on the phone by her. She said she doesn't answer phones so she didn't tell me that but that whoever did answer the phone told me that. I told here I was never told this - why would I drive 45 minutes if I had been told that all riders needed to be present. I asked if I could purchase the tickets and come back with all of the riders so that at least we would have our spaces set for the last ride of the day. I was told no and that I was told about the policy about having all riders present. A. How would she know what I was told if she didn't talk to me B. Her rudeness and lack of customer service was unbelieveable - all she had to do was let me pay and hold on to all paperwork - if I didn't show with the riders they still would have got their money. I wasted almost two hours of my time on this. I am a consultant and will be billing this company my hourly rate of $300 for the wasted time. At least I can take a tax deduction when they fail to pay the bill.

17  Thank Brendan S
Atvrides, Manager at Bluff Mountain Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. Poor customer service is never acceptable and we apologize for the miscommunication.

Our policy states everyone going on the ride must be present when purchasing tickets. There are many reasons why, but primarily we have to witness their signature on our Consent Forms (children included), and anyone 16 years old or older must show Photo ID, preferably a driver’s license.

We held a staff meeting with all personnel and discussed the importance of informing our guests of all the information that is needed, not just answering questions. We will also place these instructions on our web site so that guests visiting our site will be more informed.

Please feel free to contact our office at anytime if you have any questions or concerns at 1-800-462-2134.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Our son was just a few months short of riding the more experienced trail by himself, so we opt for going on the new T-Rex. Ryan was our guide and and did a wonderful job. He made use safety came first, made sure that we all knew how to use the ATV's and that we felt comfortable with them. It was 1 1/2 hrs of pure fun!! We stopped in a few spots where we took picutes or Ryan offered to take some for us. We never felt rushed. At each stop, Ryan told us a little bit of what we were looking at off in the distance. He was very knowledgeable of the area. We had a great time and would recommend it to any one who wants to have fun riding the ATV's and see some great views of the surrounding areas. YOU WILL GET DIRTY!!!!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We did the 1 1/2 hr ride last week with Bluff Mtn Adventures; it is worth every penny!! Ryan was our guide; he did a terrific job. This was my first time to ever drive a 4 wheeler; they staff is great about explaining everything, making sure all the riders know exactly what to do. The experience went way beyond any expectations I had. The views from the top of Bluff Mtn are amazing. Be sure to wear clothes that can get dusty/dirty; I was worried because I didn't have any long pants/jeans to wear, I had only brought shorts. But I didn't have any problems, the trails are wide enough that you are not close to any bushes or tree limbs. In years past, our family has done white-water rafting, zip-lines, hot-air balloon rides and helicopter rides; this is something I will absolutely do again next year when we go back to the mtns.

1  Thank tigercub
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very cool experience. My son was too young to ride on his own (13) so we had to double up on a quad. The model they had us on is oversized and built specifically for two riders. I do not know the name of the trip we chose but it was about 1 1/2 hours and took us to the top of the mountain. Views were excellent and guide was very good, she kept a close on on the group. Helmets are required (and provided) and would recommend using the provided goggles instead of your own sunglasses (my sun glasses were not wrap-around and it was very dusty). We also had some cool creek-crossings. Wear clothes and shoes you are willing to get dusty and wet. Would do this again if in the area.

2  Thank GeoJunkie