“Awesome!”

Riverside Motor Lodge
Ranked #44 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My husband and I were looking forward to a great weekend vacation with our two small kids. We were going to make hotel reservations online but decided it was best just to wing it and see what we would come up with. We really wanted to get a room with two rooms so that our kids could have one and we could have some privacy after they went to sleep without waking them. We checked several hotels that were around $100 a night for one room with 2 queen size beds. We pulled into this hotel and I was a little leery. I do not like to think of us as hotel snobs but I will not stay anywhere that I do not feel secure or that I fell like I can't even take my shoes off or look under the covers. My husband came back out to the car and said we could get a two room suite with kitchenette for $65. He said the clerk had showed him the room and he was large and fine. I was a little nervous but let me tell you it was AWESOME! The kids had their own room with plenty of room and their own TV and we had our own "room" with a bed and TV. The place was very very clean, the air conditioner filter definitely needed changing and was very loud even with the setting on low but thats alright we weren't there in the room too much anyway. The appliances are very outdated but do the job. The pool was small but great for a nice little dip. Parking was easy to get and it was in a great location in Pigeon Forge. For two nights in a two room suite for a family of 4 it was only $155 so that was great. Also with two little kids on the second floor you worry about walls and floors being paper thin but I felt like the rooms were really well 'insulated' and we never had any other people bothering us from neighboring rooms or in the walkway outside. Great value!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 23, 2009

We had left the place that we had reserved for our vacation and found this place.
The room was very nice and was very accomondating to our family of 5.
The hotel is an older hotel but is clean and the front desk staff were awesome.
The even took the Easter Bunnies delivery for my children.
There were grills that we used and cooked meals on as well as the kitchenette in the room.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2009

We arrived at this motel mid afternoon and checked in. We had gotten a coupon for stay one night receive the second night free from their website. The motel is in very bad need of updating.

We went to the room we were assigned and I set the temperature on the ac unit. I went back to the car to get our luggage. Came back and the ac still had not kicked on. We waited about 15 minutes and it never did come on. I went to the desk and they switched our rooms.

The next room did have a working ac unit. However, the room was dirty.

The bathroom floor was in bad need of mopping. The room had a jacuzzi tub in it and on the hot water tap there was someones elastic hair band with a big wad of hair stuck in it. The caulking around the tub was molded. The ceiling tile above the toilet was stained up and sagging.

This was a non smoking room with cigarette burns all over the sink, tub, and table.

The tv remote did not work but the desk did replace it.

The room was equipped with a fridge which had not been defrosted in ages. The fireplace glass screen was dirty and it would have been difficult to see the flame.

We went to investigate the indoor pool to see if we would swim in it. The water was very cloudy and the chlorine was so strong our eyes watered just being in the pool area. Needless to say we did not use the pool at all.

The staff were very friendly and corrected our issues as I brought them to their attention.

We returned to the room at 4pm and housekeeping never had cleaned the room. My wife wanted to nap so I asked the housekeeper for some clean towels and wash cloths. She was very nice and obliged us no problems. If my wife hadn't wanted to nap, I'd have requested them clean the room soon.

The location of the motel is right on the parkway near stop light number 7 in Pigeon Forge. Its a good location. It has a nice view of the mountains from a 3rd level deck. There is a nice view of a creek from the rooms at the back end of the motel. It is close to many activities, shopping, and dining.

I would imagine that at one time this was a very nice motel but it is being allowed to run down. It needs to be redecorated. The stainless steel in the elevator needs to have the "etchings" from past passengers buffed out, updating the rooms with new carpets, beds, paint/wallpaper, and seating should be paramount to the owners.

While we went on and stayed at this motel we will not stay there again. I have learned a lesson here. Even if it looks great from the outside, before checking in, ask to view the room.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank billd3inky
Reviewed March 31, 2009

It never occured to me to send in a review, thus the dalay. We checked into a wonderful room. Couldn't believe it was so nice at such a reasonable price. We were so pleased that we went on a made reservations for three nights later when we would be going back through Pigeon Forge. THEN, as I was laying in bed reading, first one bug, No big deal, then another bug. There was a car show in town and I didn't think we'd be able to get another room. But when the fifth bug appeared, I told my husband we were not alone. I checked around the mattress seem and it was covered with little tiny things. Things that were moving! We called the front desk and were moved to another room, Not nearly as nice but at least there wasn't anything but us alive on the bed and mattress. The staff tried to act surprise but I really don't think they were. We gathered up some of the critters to show them. They did give us a whopping $20 off our bill, but needless to say, we cancelled our returning reservations. I'll always regret that we didn't go back to that same room on our way back through town to see if it had been booked again and warn the people before they got into bed.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SandyWichitaKS
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We have stayed in this motel off and on since it was built. It is sad to see what it has deteriorated to. The room we had has a small kitchen, the refrigerator had never been defrosted and was missing the freezer door. The filter on the a/c unit looked like it had never been changed. The carpet is dirty, and the ceiling tiles over the jacuzzi are stained and sagging down. Our room was not cleaned when we returned from shopping. Tried to call the front desk but got no answer. When we approached the desk clerk he said the room had been cleaned. he said they do not make the beds, empty the trash or leave new linen. I guess they forgot to get the tip I let in the provided envelope. I removed the tip. Our complaint to the manager, next day, was met with the comment that we had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. This was not true. He apologized but offered no refund. Please read and consider this before staying here and remember we were happy customers before this stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SamSouthernUS
Reviewed May 2, 2008

Just got back from 4 nites at the Riverside and could not have asked for a better place to stay. I was traveling alone so was a bit leery about where to stay. But had stayed there several years ago and knew the area, and also rates were extremely reasonable for the room that I had. I had a 1 bedroom with a large jacuzzi, gas fireplace, small effeciency kitchen plus bathroom with shower/tub. The bed was very comfortable, the sheets were clean and soft and the bath towels and washcloths were fluffy and very nice. The whole place was extremely clean and the staff was very accomodating. I will definitely stay there the next time. Rates are cheaper from Sunday to Thurs but there is a coupon you can get that has pay for one night, get the next free. I guess the only down side was that there was no radio but I can always bring my own, and I was on the 4th floor which had a great view of the mountains but where I was....408.....there was also a great view of the roof of the church next door. No big deal, really. All in all, it was a great stay, in a great place. Very convenient to everything but not right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of Pigeon Forge. A great place and time of the year to relax.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank tncasper
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We were in town for the Shades of the Past car show and that actually described the room too. The room had with a frig, microwave and 2 element stove, but the hotel could use an overhaul. The decor and decorations are getting older and it shows when comparing this hotel to other "newer" chains. The front desk staff were very helpful and had coffee available in the office around the clock. The housekeepers were also very nice. If I had one major gripe, then it would be the cleanliness of the carpet in the rooms. After only a few minutes in the room with my shoes off, my feet were black from the dirt in the carpet.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business