“The hotel helped make our vacation really special”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 6, 2009

This is the first time we have stayed at the Inn at Christmas Place. Everything is decorated with a Christmas theme. It was elegant, not gaudy. Christmas carols are heard and there is always a pot of freshly brewed coffee in the lobby, including Barnie's Santa White Christmas coffee. A full breakfast is served and it is really good. The service was excellent. There are even workers that open the doors for you when you come in and out. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfy. The whole atmosphere was so festive and fun.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed October 31, 2009

all I can say is Im booking ahead next year! Loved the place, the look on my children eyes was worth the visit. The Cleanest place I have ever stayed at!! BEAUTIFUL Luxury rooms . Granite and cherry cabinets... soft soft beds . But what impressed me the most was the staff. Customer comes first there. Family owned and u can tell when u visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2009

We had a wonderful experience staying at The Inn at Christmas Place. The beds were very confy and the rooms very nice and clean. Everyone that worked at the Inn were as friendly as can be. I don;t know that anyone could ever have a bad experience here. I love Christmas and this is the place to get everyone in the Holiday mood. I loved it here, and I will be back again in December, already have my reservations...

Reviewed October 29, 2009

We stayed here for 1 night, picked because it was #1 on tripadvisor and it didn't disappoint. Very conveniently located on the main street at a corner with a stoplight, easy to find. It's weird but kind of delightful to see all the Christmas decor and hear the Christmas music in the off-season. I do think it might get old if you're here for several days and the novelty wears off. But the whole place is nicely decorated, spacious, and well-kept. The room was very pleasing -- comfortable beds, a kitchenette area with microwave and fridge, good sized bathroom. The included breakfast was better than most with an omelet station, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy plus the usual cereal, toast, fruit, etc. Overall, very nice and I agree with the number 1 rating. It's definitely pricier than many other options and there were a lot of vacancies in town. I'm sure we could have gotten a much better price elsewhere but this was worth it. The only disappointment was that the "business center" had only one computer which was surprising given the size of the hotel and other amenities. I just wanted to print a boarding pass but had to wait while someone was checking facebook, reading their hometown paper, etc.

Reviewed October 29, 2009

My husband and I booked this place for our 10th wedding anniversary, which was Oct. 23rd. We booked late so even though we stayed 3 nights in a row we had to switch rooms on a daily basis. That was easily done however, as the hotel staff took care of everything. In the morning all we had to do was pack our bags and leave them at the foot of the bed when we left for the day. Everything was moved to the next room by the time we got back for the night.
Changing rooms gave us an opportunity to see 3 different rooms, at 3 different prices. We found the basic room more than adequate. But we upgraded our room every night, winding up in the honeymoon suite (room 411) on the last night. We found out that the only difference between the honeymoon suite and the suite we had on our 2nd night (room 511 right above it) was that the honeymoon suite had a full sized 7 foot Christmas tree in it. Room 411 had a tree half that size on top of the TV entertainment unit. Bottom line, we paid $30 more for the large tree, as other than that the rooms had the identical layout. Interestingly, since room 511 was on the top floor, it had a very high ceiling, making the room seem larger than the honeymoon suite. Next time we go we'll definitely try and book a 5th floor room.
The breakfast, included with the price of the room, was way more than we'd expected. There were 2 islands where 2 lovely ladies were cooking up and serving a full hot breakfast of omelets, scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, potatoes, and biscuits and gravy. There were other selections available, such as cold cereals, hot oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit (chopped and chilled), and a variety of breads, muffins, and pastries. Beverages were available too, and the orange juice and apple juice were truly outstanding. In the evening there was hot cider and coffee available in the lobby, and the cider was particularly good.
The hotel is highly decorated at every turn, and beautiful music box Christmas carols play softly in the hallways at all times. (You can't hear it in your room, so it's not a problem.) Everything was very clean and beautifully kept up. And the best feature of all, (in my opinion) was that the beds were FANTASTICALLY comfortable! I couldn't remember the last time I woke up without a backache, but I woke up totally pain free all 3 days we were there. It was almost miraculous -- I have to buy myself one of their mattresses!
The staff was friendly and courteous, and our whole experience was a delight. Parking was easy, free, and you can handle your own luggage easily if you prefer. There was no pressure from a pushy valet, but if you needed help they were right on the spot. There was also normally a very pleasant doorman to open the entry doors if you had your hands full.
All in all this hotel was by far the best we've stayed at so far in Pigeon Forge, and we have stayed at quite a few other places in the area over the years. I doubt we'll stay elsewhere from now on.
The one thing we did wrong as far as our stay was concerned was booking it by calling the hotel directly. Had we looked online first we could have saved a ton of money by booking via expedia.com. So save yourself some cash and check out the travel websites first, such as expedia, travelocity, etc., first.

1  Thank Songslady
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We all had the best time ever. Never have we stayed at a place where the rooms and bathtubs are soooo clean.... you could actually take a bath!!! The staff we're funny and met every need in a matter of minutes. Breakfast was great with everything from oatmeal, cereal, doughnuts, bagels too eggs, bacon, ham, gravy,and biscuits. A very safe place, beautifully decorated, right on the strip. I could never say enough about are stay but everything was positive. And with 5 women? lol that was next to possible. But we all agree on one thing we will be back every year....

Reviewed October 24, 2009

My husband and I spent two nights at this magical place. It was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. The room was lovely; the staff were most gracious; and the setting was something our of a Christmas movie. We will certainlly be back. Thanks again!