“Wonderful place to stay!”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Louisiana
“Wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We stayed at the Christmas Inn for Easter 2009. After having a horrible stay at the hotel across the street, the reservationist was extremely helpful in accommodating us at this beautiful hotel. We had a wonderful stay there. My children were so occupied between the pool, hot tub and game room. My daughter loved to sit by the fireplace at night and enjoy the Eves and bells play music when the clocked turned to 9 p.m.. She also enjoyed Santa's visit and concert. The entire hotel, inside and out was absolutely gorgeous and all of the staff was friendly. The Santa's White Christmas Coffee was out of this world. We enjoyed the bell man opening the door for us each time we entered and exited the hotel. The breakfast was very good, consisting of bacon, eggs and sausage each morning. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
naew31
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My Parents, son and I stayed one night here on March 19. We loved it and will definitely be back. The Christmas theme was beautiful and elegant. Very tastefully done. I loved how it included the real reason for the season with the nativities and Jesus' birth with the secular. One of the bellmen pointed out how in some pictures by a certain artist that Joseph, Mary and the Baby Jesus were painted in the background. IT was fun going to the pictures and looking for them. The glockenspeil was beautiful and we went twice to hear it play the carols. The patio and balcony that overlooked the gardens were beautiful. We happened to be there during a Santa meets St.Patrick celebration and there were Santas everywhere who were very nice and willing to have their pictures made with the kids. We were told there were 15-20 Santas there and one was the real one and you had to figure out which one it was. They all looked quite similar so I am not sure. They picked up on little things like my name or my sons on an airbrushed shirt and called us by name.
The breakfast was awesome. The omelet bar was neat, but we loved the biscuit and gravy and bacon.
The indoor pool was nice and warm- far warmer than the hotel's pool we stayed at the rest of the weekend. The hot tub was very warm and relaxing.
We stayed on the fifth floor but we were right across the hall from the pool elevator. So it was very convenient.

OH I almost forgot to mention the beds. The beds were so nice. You just sank into them and the pillows. We all decided that we slept very good on the beds, probably better than we ever had before.

We are already working on saving to come back and stay again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank naew31
Ohio
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Overall, My daughter and I were happy with this hotel. It is very aesthetically pleasing to the eye. All of the bellmen opened doors and greeted us on a daily basis. The standard room we stayed in was pretty nice. Breakfast buffet was very nice-- one of the perks of staying in this hotel. I had a problem with some miscommunication at the front desk. My mother had phoned long distance from Ohio to check on me and my daughter and was told that I wasn't a guest at the hotel after I called the front desk to ask if I had any messages because my phone was blinking. A man at the front desk told me that I didn't have any messages and that he would clear my phone. He didn't , and the message light blinked all night. The next day, I went down to the front desk again to tell them about the situation with my mother calling and being unable to reach me. The woman at the front desk handed me a written message and told me that my mother had called several times. Hence the confusion. It is very important to receive messages when you're an out-of-town guest at a hotel. There needs to be much better communication with front desk employees. Also, on Easter Sunday (more like early Monday morning )around 1:30 until about 3 a.m., the guests across the hall from us came back to the hotel and woke me and my daughter up with a lot of laughing, talking and slamming doors. I didn't call the front desk because I didn't want to be difficult and it was our last night there. Unfortunately, due to lack of sleep that night, I had to get on the road and drive back to Cincinnati feeling very fatigued, which is dangerous. My daughter got into the jacuzzi and felt quite uncomfortable with this family watching her so she got out and their son quickly jumped in afterwards. This was very awkward. Also, the games in the game room need to be updated and working properly along with the business center which should consist of more than one computer for guests to use. Lastly, it would be nice if there were safes in each room rather than storing valuables at the front desk in their safe. In spite of the big communication glitch and all the noise early Monday morning and offered amenities, we had a delightful stay and will come back there if we don't decide to rent out a cabin the next time we visit the Gatlinburg area..

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
InnatChristmasPlace, General Manager at The Inn at Christmas Place, responded to this review, April 23, 2009
As a business, we know every phone call is important. We have reinforced the training of our staff in handling guest calls and messages. We have stressed the importance of each call and have addressed this issue with the personnel responsible. We are also looking at enhancing our business center by adding more computers. In addition, we are in the process of discussing the convenience of situating safes in each room with The Owners.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Thanks to this website I was able to find this wonderful hotel. We went to Pigeon Forge to go to Dollywood, but next time we will go back just for the hotel. My kids loved the singing Santa, milk and cookies, the indoor pool, game room, and the (included)breakfast. Let us not forget the clock ! Every detail is thought out in this hotel. The website's pictures do not do it justice. We can not say a bad thing about this hotel. We would love to see a Christmas Place Resturant- we have thought of great menu items.

Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We love the hotel. Breakfest was really good. Everyone there was wonderful. Would go back again.

Virginia
Reviewed April 12, 2009

My family and I stayed at this great hotel and enjoyed every minute of it. With a one year old and six year old we were worried about having things for them to do while at the hotel. This hotel had it all for the kids. They loved the Christmas decorations and the pool. My six year old LOVED the story telling elf and the fact that Santa came and sang to them on Saturday. This hotel has it all!! They have the best breakfast of any hotel and the nicest people working there. The doormen were the nicest people you would ever want to have working at a hotel. If you needed anything they were very, very, quick to help you. We will, without a doubt, stay there again.

1 Thank moco3
Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2009

The Inn at Christmas Place is a great destination for anyone or for any reason. The year-round Christmas decorations and themes are truly unique and very special. The two-story glockenspiel clock with hourly performances by a Santa Claus appearing first, then two elves ringing the bell for the time of the hour, and finally concluding with Christmas carols by caroling bells, is uplifting.
The staff is friendly and there are many other outstanding amenities to make your visit very rewarding and a memory that will last a lifetime.
I was truly impressed by all the religious themes (which is really what Christmas is all about) as well as the secular themes. Most places try to take out the real meaning of Christmas in lieu of the more secular themes. Thank you The Inn at Christmas Place for keeping Jesus in Christmas. It is His Birthday!
This visit happened to be my birthday, and The Inn at Christmas Place did not let me down. There was my own personal Christmas tree in the room to enjoy.

• Stayed April 2009