“Great customer Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great customer Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a great experience here! Our family had a great time, we were greeted my friendly and courteous staff! Our room was very clean and neat! The breakfast was awesome! The decor definitely put us in the Christmas spirit! My kids loved being able to borrow Christmas DVD's from the front desk! While we were here my daughter got really sick, and we had called the front desk to see if there were any saltine crackers anywhere in the building, the very nice front desk lady went out of her way to find out if there were any and sent the bellman up to the room to deliver them. She also called back a few hours later to check on my daughter to see if we needed anything else. I thought that was very nice and over the call of duty for her job! We appreciated it!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Last year we visited the Inn at Christmas Place with our two boys and it was absolutely magical! We were excited to repeat this trip this year with our boys now 6 and 3 years old. Unfortunately this trip was tainted with terrible customer service and rather disgusting room conditions. When booking our room I was told that they only had one room left and it was a king suite with a garden tub and fireplace but that I could call back and if a double queen room opened up they could switch us. I called back four times prior to our date of arrival and each time was told no sorry there are no other rooms. While checking in I asked one final time and was immediately told they had no other rooms. I was then asked for my credit card and paid for our room. After I signed the receipt the check-in attendant moved on as if he was finished with me. I actually had to ask for a room key! I was then handed the room key and nothing else. I was not given any information regarding breakfast, check-out time, local attractions….nothing at all. Other patrons who were checking in were given entire packets of information. We then went to our room and my husband was feeling a little annoyed because the check-in attendant did not appear to have even looked to see if there were any other rooms available he just simply said no and moved on. So my husband used his cell phone to call the hotel and ask if they had any queen rooms available for the night. Imagine this he was told yes we sure do which is interesting since a minute earlier I was told no way no other rooms. He asked the attendant on the phone to hold the room and he would be right up to the desk. No longer than two minutes later he arrived at the desk and they had just given to the room to another party who had just arrived. This as one could imagine put a huge damper on our evening. When checking into a hotel with rates over $200 a night one does not expect to be so blatantly lied to and uncared for. We were told we should be happy with the room because it had a fireplace and a garden tub. Okay, let’s see:

• First: we are here with two children this is NOT a romantic evening,
• Second: the garden tub was filthy as the photos I will attach will show,
• Third: there are four of us and one bed!

We would have been happy if you had not lied to us in the first place and switched us to the double queen room! Furthermore the bedspread had a nasty white stain on it so it immediately went on the floor and the four of us has to sleep under one sheet and a small thin blanket.

The only bright parts of our visit were the incredible Santa performance which our children thoroughly enjoyed and the fantastic breakfast buffet. Honestly they have the best hotel breakfast I have ever had!

Unfortunately my husband has said that we will not be returning next year which truly is sad because the singing Santa event is wonderful for the kids.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank WCUJenn
JanetDonaldson, Marketing at The Inn at Christmas Place, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I am very sorry that your second visit was such a disappointment for you and your family. I understand that you initially reserved a room on line, and then needed to change your reservation dates - which is not a problem. The room that was available on your final trip date, while having only one king-size bed, was furnished with a sleeper sofa, accommodating to a party of four. Perhaps your boys found it an adventure to sleep on such a pull-out bed? I hope they tried it!

Of course, it is hard to know why your check-in associate was so distracted as to fail to review all the information we normally provide to guests upon arrival, but there is no excuse for it. I apologize for the poor reception you received. November is a busy time for us, and from what I have learned, when your husband called back to the front desk, a Double Queen room had just become available - but the associate he spoke with failed to take the very important step of putting it on hold for you during the call. We really messed up. I assure you, we would not lie to a guest, it was a mistake on our part, and again, I apologize. I can understand why you were so upset with us throughout the check-in process.

The photo you include of the tub drain is actually what we see after repeated cleaning - the cleaning chemicals tend to discolor the fittings after repeated use. It is really quite the opposite of being dirty. In regards to the stained coverlet, our staff checked the room as soon as we saw your comments, to determine if a replacement of the coverlet was needed. We did not find anything similar to your photo, so it is likely that our housekeeping team noticed the stain or spot at the next cleaning, and took care of the replacement. Of course, we are quite anxious to address a situation like this the moment is brought to our attention! We just updated and replaced all the bedding during 2013.

Again, I am sorry that we disappointed you on your last visit to the hotel. We can only hope you'll be ready to give us another try one day in the future, and we have certainly used your experience to review our best practices with staff, and it motivates and reinforces our dedication to improving our service every day, to every guest.

~Janet Donaldson
Bathgate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here for a week with my wife and daughter when we were over visiting Dollywood. The room was fantastic, the bed was massive and really comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and eager to help. The only thing I could fault was the quality of food, it just wasn't what we were used to. Apart from that though the overall experience was more than enough to make up for any shortcomings in the catering. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here in August 2013 for one week. THIS WAS THE BEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN !!!!
The entire staff were friendly and helpful beyond belief. I can't say enough about the staff, every employee we met were just as friendly as they could be. I have NEVER stayed at a hotel with better employees. They go above and beyond what is expected of them. Extra special thanks to Dwight at the concierge desk.
The breakfast was amazing. They had a much better selection of food than any other hotel that offers free breakfast. They had the basics every day, but also offered different selections on different days. They definitely have something for everyone.
The rooms were wonderful. They were very clean and spacious. We had 2 rooms, a king mini suite and a standard double room. Both were great.
They have free coffee in the day (we don't drink coffee, but a lot of people do so I thought I would include this). Later in the day they also have free lemonade (this we enjoyed). Every night they have free cookies in the lobby.
They have special events too. Santa Claus sings a couple times a week ( he was VERY GOOD too, not your typical mall Santa) Mrs. Claus and Rudolph are also there sometimes (we saw them in the mornings). One night they even had a marshmallow roast outside. The hotel was beautiful inside and out and it doesn't have to be Christmas to enjoy the décor. From the moment I saw the hotel I was happy and when I walked in, it was just amazing. They also have free board games and dvds you can borrow from the front desk. The swimming pools were great. I would absolutely stay there again. If I am ever in that area again, I would not even consider staying at another hotel.
If you want to be treated like a friend, then stay here. You will not regret it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tammy M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

this is such an amazing hotel! From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave all your needs and wishes are met. the staff are wonderful, friendly and forever smiling no matter what time of day. I can not say how much I love this place, I wish there was something like this our end in England. The breakfast they offer is amazing especially with the omelette bar they offer where you create your own and have it cooked right in front of you! Doughnuts, fruit, hot food, freshly made treats, the choices are endless. The cookies and lemonade in the evening is a lovely touch and its decorated to perfection, not tacky but classy! I cannot recommend this place enough, a long stay or a short stay, it is a MUST!! perfect if you are planning a trip to Dollywood. Staff are so helpful if you have any questions about anything! Oh and for cupcake lovers, there is a GiGi cupcakes right back the hotel, walking distance (best cupcakes in the world!!) Sorry to go on about food but hey its the South and thats what its all about along with the hospitality the South offers and here it comes in bundles!! The views are incredible, the gardens are beautiful, rooms are spacious, clean and provide everything you need! Even give you little chocolates for your arrival, I can only imagine what it would be like to spend time here during Christmas period <3 Go and create your own memories!

Room Tip: look into the packages they offer, provide great value well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jade A
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

If you love Christmas you will be in love with this hotel; from the moment you walk in to the hotel you will feel the magic of Christmas. The hotel has such a warm and wonderful feel, the Christmas decorations are just beautiful and this includes those in the lobby, throughout the hotel and in your room.The room was very clean and tastefully decorated. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. There were several added touches that make you feel so special. The breakfast, which is included, was very delicious and it offered a nice variety of items. I will definitely consider taking a trip back to this hotel.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband brought me here for our 16th wedding anniversary, he surprised me with an upgraded room with a hot tube, fireplace, but any room there would be an upgrade. Christmas is my most favorite time of year and if anyone feels the same should experience this place. When the front desk found out it was our anniversary they brought up a little gift and placed it in the room while we were out. So thoughtful. I love, love this place.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful, you can't go wrong with any of them. I love views so the rooms overloo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple