“Wonderful Atmosphere”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here for a week with my wife and daughter when we were over visiting Dollywood. The room was fantastic, the bed was massive and really comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and eager to help. The only thing I could fault was the quality of food, it just wasn't what we were used to. Apart from that though the overall experience was more than enough to make up for any shortcomings in the catering. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
Wrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here in August 2013 for one week. THIS WAS THE BEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN !!!!
The entire staff were friendly and helpful beyond belief. I can't say enough about the staff, every employee we met were just as friendly as they could be. I have NEVER stayed at a hotel with better employees. They go above and beyond what is expected of them. Extra special thanks to Dwight at the concierge desk.
The breakfast was amazing. They had a much better selection of food than any other hotel that offers free breakfast. They had the basics every day, but also offered different selections on different days. They definitely have something for everyone.
The rooms were wonderful. They were very clean and spacious. We had 2 rooms, a king mini suite and a standard double room. Both were great.
They have free coffee in the day (we don't drink coffee, but a lot of people do so I thought I would include this). Later in the day they also have free lemonade (this we enjoyed). Every night they have free cookies in the lobby.
They have special events too. Santa Claus sings a couple times a week ( he was VERY GOOD too, not your typical mall Santa) Mrs. Claus and Rudolph are also there sometimes (we saw them in the mornings). One night they even had a marshmallow roast outside. The hotel was beautiful inside and out and it doesn't have to be Christmas to enjoy the décor. From the moment I saw the hotel I was happy and when I walked in, it was just amazing. They also have free board games and dvds you can borrow from the front desk. The swimming pools were great. I would absolutely stay there again. If I am ever in that area again, I would not even consider staying at another hotel.
If you want to be treated like a friend, then stay here. You will not regret it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tammy M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

this is such an amazing hotel! From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave all your needs and wishes are met. the staff are wonderful, friendly and forever smiling no matter what time of day. I can not say how much I love this place, I wish there was something like this our end in England. The breakfast they offer is amazing especially with the omelette bar they offer where you create your own and have it cooked right in front of you! Doughnuts, fruit, hot food, freshly made treats, the choices are endless. The cookies and lemonade in the evening is a lovely touch and its decorated to perfection, not tacky but classy! I cannot recommend this place enough, a long stay or a short stay, it is a MUST!! perfect if you are planning a trip to Dollywood. Staff are so helpful if you have any questions about anything! Oh and for cupcake lovers, there is a GiGi cupcakes right back the hotel, walking distance (best cupcakes in the world!!) Sorry to go on about food but hey its the South and thats what its all about along with the hospitality the South offers and here it comes in bundles!! The views are incredible, the gardens are beautiful, rooms are spacious, clean and provide everything you need! Even give you little chocolates for your arrival, I can only imagine what it would be like to spend time here during Christmas period <3 Go and create your own memories!

Room Tip: look into the packages they offer, provide great value well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jade A
New Jersey
Reviewed November 8, 2013

If you love Christmas you will be in love with this hotel; from the moment you walk in to the hotel you will feel the magic of Christmas. The hotel has such a warm and wonderful feel, the Christmas decorations are just beautiful and this includes those in the lobby, throughout the hotel and in your room.The room was very clean and tastefully decorated. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. There were several added touches that make you feel so special. The breakfast, which is included, was very delicious and it offered a nice variety of items. I will definitely consider taking a trip back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband brought me here for our 16th wedding anniversary, he surprised me with an upgraded room with a hot tube, fireplace, but any room there would be an upgrade. Christmas is my most favorite time of year and if anyone feels the same should experience this place. When the front desk found out it was our anniversary they brought up a little gift and placed it in the room while we were out. So thoughtful. I love, love this place.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful, you can't go wrong with any of them. I love views so the rooms overloo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline H
LYMAN
Reviewed November 6, 2013

From the moment we arrived until the time we departed was a fantastic experience. The hotel is not only beautiful, but extremely clean and well maintained. The doormen, bellhops, front desk staff, maids, manager and concierge staff, were the most helpful and friendly of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Being in sales allows me to travel both domestically and abroad for a large number of nights annually. I have stayed in hotels that were rated 5 star that were not, and some that were rated 3 star that should have been 5. This hotel ranks at the top in overall satisfaction. It's a great experience for kids from 1 to 90. The breakfast that is included in the room rate cannot be beat. We tried to think of something that they did not offer every morning and the only thing I did not see was oatmeal. Everything else you can possibly imagine was offered, cereals, pastries, fruit, baked ham, 2 types of sausage, grits, potatoes, eggs, biscuits, toast, plain gravy, breakfast casserole, gravy with sausage, gravy with chipped beef, gravy with corned beef, pancakes, waffles, an omelet station, fruit juices of every description, several types of coffee….incredible. We roasted marshmallows over an open fire one evening, visited with Santa followed by singing Christmas Carols with Santa, followed by milk and cookies with Santa. Mrs. Claus visited during breakfast one morning and Rudolph the next. Just a wonderful experience from beginning until end! I can see why it is ranked #6 of the top 25 hotels in the US.

Room Tip: Room 539 is a king jr. suite with balcony. Far away from the elevator as it is the last room in the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SHEREE T
Minnesota
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park without a hotel reservation for the night. We drove first thru Gatlinburg- don't bother. Just another tourist town with everything so packed in you can hardly drive down the street. Went on to Pigeon Forge and found this Christmas-themed hotel. My daughter really wanted to stay here, so we were able to get a good last-minute deal. What a nice surprise! The rooms were lovely with comfy beds (except for a lousy roll-away bed- when are hotels going to invest in some comfy roll-aways??) We had a balcony overlooking the mountains. The bathrooms were large. The decor of the room was fun, as was the lobby and breakfast room (complete with Mrs. Santa.) It had a nice pool and hot tub, and the lobby offered free coffee, hot cider and cookies. The breakfast was amazing- an omelet station, fresh carved ham, a dessert station! Definitely the best hotel on our 2-week road trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family