“Mother's Gift”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for Mother's Day. We had a handicapped room. We had a few dislikes with this room. One, the lamps on the night stands were out dated and pretty beat up. I would have like lamps with the on/off switch on the base with outlets to plug in a phone or pc to charge. When you are handicapped it's very hard to find a way to do many thing in this room. The bathroom door was a pocket door and even for someone who is not challenged was very hard to close. There was a large basket the size of a tall kitchen garbage can filled to the top with clean towels sitting on the floor next to the roll in shower. You had to move these towels away from the shower when using it or they would get wet from the water that would run out onto the floor. House keeping needs to be shown what products to use on the flat screen T.V.'s. What ever is being used now is distorting the screen. The staff were the most wonderful people to us and even helped me with a bug bite. Everyone is so friendly at the hotel, we heard many great stories from people all over the US and Canada.

Room Tip: Call the hotel to ask about all the different rooms. Their wed site is great but talking to someone...
1  Thank Amy O
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Christmas Place

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Let me start by saying I was VERY apprehensive about staying at a themed hotel outside of, say Vegas. Pulling into Pigeon Forge you can see how touristy and themed EVERYthing is which made me even more scared. Once on the property you can tell how much attention goes into the details here. We stayed May 11th and 12th and they already had plants out and covered them to protect from frost at night, and the weather was pretty nice during the day but chilly at night (obviously since they covered the plants up). This made me think wow how many hotels go to that trouble. Then all of the lights are in good working order, the place is immaculately cleaned, even the ornaments on the trees. The moment you walk in you are always greeted by the most friendly doormen which are more than happy to help you with anything from luggage to directions to ideas for fun. The front desk is more of the same always adding value to the trip (seriously best staff ever). The entire staff asks you how your day is, lets you know of hotel activities, and makes sure you are having the best possible time. The rooms are great! I can't get over how clean the room is and was after service each day as well. We heard several people mention they have stayed at the hotel 5, 10 and one person was somewhere along the lines of 50 times! I see why though. You are in the middle of the strip, close to shopping, restaurants and activities. You can also hop on a trolley really easily as well. They have all kinds of room options from basic (very spacious and affordable) to suites with fireplaces and balconies. Rooms facing the main road have a mountain view, and so do the few that face Gatlinburg (probably better view even if you are high enough over trees). They have cookies and milk every night, and Thursday and Saturday Santa comes to sing and visit. The breakfast is awesome everything from waffles, to omelettes made to order, to biscuits and gravy. This seems to be more family oriented, and we had our three year old (LOVED IT), but my wife and I ended up thinking we would stay here ourselves just because the beds were so comfy, the place is so clean and everyone is so helpful and friendly. The indoor pools is nice outdoor pool wasn't open but it looked cool had big water slide and kids water play area as well. Great place to take tons of pics, they also say July is there prime time as there are daily activities all over the hotel every single day. Seriously couldn't believe how much this exceeded expectations. Has places to hang out and see the sun set over the mountains while you sip on cider or coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms facing 441 or gatlinburg have mountain views, there are elevators on each wing and in middle...
2  Thank cptncoke
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just visited over the weekend and had a GREAT experience! This was our first stay here and I have nothing negative to say. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, filling breakfast, great atmosphere!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JBPAlabama
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed here many times in the past couple of years. Last year I reviewed this hotel with the title being "Doesn't get better." However my visit this past weekend has left me a little worried. First of all, the service at check-in was just ok. We have definitely experienced friendlier service in the past. Our room was my least favorite that we have ever stayed in. It was a ground floor room with a door that could be used to make an adjoining room. Our neighbors did not appear to be overly loud. They were just a family with kids making the usual amount of noise. However we could hear everything - their tv, their conversations, etc. For at least the second time, maybe the third, we could not get the wifi to work. The staff was not able to help us. The hotel has made an obvious effort to improve their breakfast choices. There were many new items that have been added and we enjoyed them. However some of our old favorites have changed. I hope the quality does not suffer in order to offer more quantity of food. The hotel has also made changes to the outside landscaping that are beautiful improvements. The grounds have always been lovely, and they are only looking better. On a positive note, the bell men were so gracious, and we got to enjoy the pool and hot tub! We will certainly stay here again. This is my favorite hotel in the area, and no other hotel even comes close to being as pleasant to stay. Just hope these areas will improve for our next visit.

2  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed a few nights for a base during a theme park extravaganza. This inn is obviously a bit different than standard lodging in that the overwhelming theme is Christmas oreiented, which was refreshing in the month of May! The grounds and interior of the inn are pristine. Soothing music throughout the facility, a chiming clock, a baladeering "country" Santa, fresh cookies and coffee in the lobby, and on and on. A breakfast extravaganza is included. Indoor heated pool with beach music in the background. A hot tub that was foamy (they need to drain it daily imho due to heavy use). Met the pool maintenance guy who was diligent checking the chemicals several times daily in the pool/hot tub, but he was not a hot tub owner obviously. Good chemical readings in a hot tub don't indicate water quality-just chemicals.
The outdoor pool was closed due to season. Looked good, though.
Very knowledgeable and courteous staff/bellmen. Even the maids were smiling and cheerful.
Easy commute on Teaster Lane to theme parks and such, avoiding the traffic of Pigeon Forge.
Super comfortable beds. Maybe the best I've slept on outside my home, seriously.
Mellow Mushroom 100 yards away. Several great dining spots very close by.
Would stay there again easily.

Room Tip: I wouldn't worry about it.
1  Thank GODEACONS
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed there for two nights in July 2012, in a king bed mini-suite with a private balcony (and our very own whirlpool and fireplace!). The stay was a treat from the moment we arrived, everything is themed, even the people working there. I love Christmas and to me this was like walking into Santa's home at the North Pole, except the temperature was a bit higher than expected there.

Our room was comfortable, with a large bed, our own whirlpool, fireplace, a refrigerator, sitting options and off course filled with Christmas decorations (including a fullsize tree and several santas).

The breakfast was OK, they could've had a few more options, and the staff down there could've worked a bit more with their smiles and level of service (as they often left their stations and than told you off if you served yourself...), and for a property of this size the area of seating could've been bigger. It was crowded and empty tables were often left with dirty dishes for a long time... We ended up cleaning our own table one of the mornings... But we didn't let the breakfast situation destroy our stay in any way, everyone else, from housekeeping to front desk and doormen did an impeccable job! I was in doubt conceirning what type of room we should reserve upfront, and e-mailed the hotel. The reservation manager, Mrs. Janice Hall deserves a raise! She answered all my questions, no matter how strange they might have seemed, allways with great customer service and respect. The replies also came quickly (within 24 hours). I almost felt I knew her personally, and was a bit disappointed our roads did not cross when we visited :)

We would def go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank InaMP
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here for the first time for 3 nights during the car show in April 2013. In one word, this facility is PERFECTION! Everything was clean, staff was super personable! Spacious elegant rooms, comfortable beds, plenty of pillows and towels. Very accommodating & helpful. Loved the singing Santa (and I dont have kids). Breakfast is something that reminds us of what was offered on a cruise ship. Omelets made to order with so many options. There were so many choices & plenty of seating - we did eat before 8am due to front desk said busiest time was around 9am. We sat on the balcony in the evening and watched cars & people go by. They were redesigning the courtyard while we were there. Loved seeing the after pictures online. We tried to book a room for Fall car show, but they were already booked. (No surprise with the outstanding service they provide!) We will definitely be back. Thank you for a perfect stay!

Room Tip: Room facing the courtyard has a pretty view of the pond.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple