“Oh yeah, I'm hooked !”

The Inn at Christmas Place
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is pure awesomeness!
We stayed in room 333 which had a king bed and sleeper sofa, gas fireplace and balcony facing south toward Gatlinburg.
I slept on the sofa sleeper and it was very comfy. The pillows are soft and fluffy so if you like a firmer pillow maybe bring one. They may have others on request but I didn't ask for one as it was not that big of an issue. The room was decorated beautifully, not overdone. We also liked the evening cookies, coffee and hot cider. They also had a marshmallow roast outside on Friday night. The employees are super friendly and helpful. When we checked out I reserved again for next year in December as I was told it books up a year or more in advance.

• Stayed: October 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,134)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am sitting in my King Suite right now! I may never go home. If it weren't for my dog (oh and my three kids) I would just stay here!! I love everything about this Inn. The beds, the pillows, the super cool glass enclosed shower without a sticky gross shower curtain, the wood (a friend visited who is staying at another resort and commented how it looks old fashion with all the wood), the decorations in the room, the in-room safe, the hot apple cider, the breakfast (Oh my gosh, the omelet lady who does weekend omelets was GREAT), The views of the gardens, the clock, the fireplce in our room, the turret balcony and lastly the friendly doormen. Now what would I change....let me think.....it's pricey (celebrating our 24th anniversary so we splurged), better water pressure in the shower (of course I have never had good water pressure in a hotel before), the water pressure in the in-room jacuuzzi would knock you over. So all in all, this is by far my most favorite hotel ever. Side Note....DID NOT care for the Partridge and Pear restaurant at all...will not review it because I grew up with the rule, "If I can't say something nice, I won't say anything at all."

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelSnob1988
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I would've done anything to have the foresight to record my daughter's face as she walked into the lobby. Everything was so beautiful. I looked at some of the pictures, posted online, before our stay, but none of them did the place justice. The staff was so friendly. Our 2 room suite was huge and very clean! The breakfast was delicious and the cookies served every night @ 8 were warm and tasty. This will be the only place we stay when we are in the area. Actually, this Inn will probably be the reason we visit the area more often.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ssabarringer
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've stayed here twice. Once my husband and I went for a wonderful weekend. The second time my young daughter and I left the husband behind and had a girls weekend. It was amazing. The staff learned my daughters name by the end of the first day, each time we went by the front desk, she stopped to visit and the wonderful people there gave her an ornament.

Our room was clean, more than comfortable, and well maintained. Anytime we visit Pigeon Forge, this is our first choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here again this year for two nights. This hotel is so nice and comfortable. The beds are wonderful. The staff are all friendly and helpful. We love the coffee and cookies in the evenings while listening to the glokenspiel. The breakfast is great with many choices. We love having an omelet made just like you want it. If you love Christmas, you will love this hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed the last week of September 2012, and were very pleased with our second stay at The Inn at Christmas Place. Friendly staff, very clean and well appointed room and bathroom, and wonderful breakfast buffet. The bed was very comfortable. We stayed in room 115, a mini-suite with a king bed and jacuzzi. It has a private balcony/patio that was really private and yet at ground level. We loved being able to sit outside and have wine and a snack, listen to the water flowing in the pretty pond, and yet not feel we were being on display as we sat on our patio. I originally thought that getting the same type of room but one or two floors higher would be better,since a balcony would logically to be more private than a patio. However the ground floor turret patio felt very roomy and would have easily held 6 people if there had been more chairs, and had well placed bushes for privacy yet did not block the view. The patio furniture was quality and made us feel at home. Only one little item kept me from saying this was a perfect stay. Although both the indoor pool and outdoor pool were very clean, the hot tub's water had that frothy foam that resembles soap scum when the jets were on, and the water was barely more than warm. However, the tiles surrounding the inside of the tub were very clean, so maybe there had been some intensive use in the last day or two that had made the water less clean than desired. It didn't appear that long term neglect was a problem. We didn't make use of the pool area other than that first day. We used the excellent jetted jacuzzi tub in our room to soak away the sore muscles from hiking in the Smoky Mountain National Park. As for the general atmosphere of the hotel, you really have to stay here to experience the wonderful Christmas feeling that is here every day of the year. I would definitely say this is one of the best hotels I have ever visited.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Indianapolisresident
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Every year we stay here for our annual girls trip...and every year we are reminded of why its the best. The cleanliness of the hotel, the friendly staff, the breakfast, Santa..it's all perfection! The hotel is just by far a great place to stay!

Room Tip: The terrace, ground floor, is great!