“Don't Travel to Pigeon Forge the following week after Christmas”
Review of River Bend Inn

River Bend Inn
Ranked #64 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Horn Lake, Mississippi
“Don't Travel to Pigeon Forge the following week after Christmas”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I took my 2 nephews to Pigeon Forge, TN on their Christmas break. Just a little treat since we didn't travel to Pigeon Forge during our regular scheduled time. I am not exaggerating....traffic was backed up from I-40 to Parkway!!! Bumper to bumper!!! I asked around to see why it was sooo crowded and why the room rates were really high. There was a big church get together called Xtreme Youths Conference. http://www.largegroupcabinrentals.com/xtreme-winter-conference.asp
I was not aware of this until is was much too late. I gave them to choice to travel to Pigeon Forge, TN or Biloxi, MS and they chose Pigeon Forge. On their next break, I will choose and we will be going to Biloxi. We did a little shopping, but we paid for it!!! Even at 6 and 7 in the evening, traffic was still backed up bumper to bumper. This was our first time staying at River Bend Inn. A very good room for the price including free internet, it was right at $60 dollars a night and that was really cheap compared to James Manor, Shular Inn and Holiday Inn Express. I liked the balcony even though it was too cold to enjoy it, lol. Other than the traffic, we enjoyed ourselves when we drove up to Sugarland and New Found Gap. Gatlinburg traffic was murder too!! Bumper to Bumper...I took a short cut and went through the Smoky Mountain National Park to avoid Gatlinburg. On our way home, traffic was still a mess, and it was the same....jammed from Parkway to I-40. Other than the conference, WE ALWAYS LOVE to visit PIGEON FORGE. We only stayed 2 days and that was 2 days too many. Our Pigeon Forge trips usually consist of 4-5 days. I think the hotel could have done a better job to remove the ice from the side entrance. I will stay at River Bend Inn again but maybe in the spring, summer or fall.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed there after Christmas for $55. Nothing fancy, but it was fine.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus, GA
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I had heard good things before arriving and had seen pictures in a brochure. It was not what I expected. First, the front desk help acted as if they were doing us a favor by allowing us to stay there. After 3 tries I finally got an electronic key to work by room door. The indoor pool was a joke (extremely small) and was milky looking the whole time.
They ran out of breakfast all 4 days I was there. There was not enough parking and signs every where warning you not to park in the lot belonging to the show next door.
The internet service is not wireless and the cable wasn't long enough to reach the table in the room or the bed. The internet service was soooo slow.

I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank eke_brown
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The first night we slept on the bed we started itching. I thought the sheets were irritating our skin and I asked for clean sheets. Everytime we tried to sleep on the bed we started itching. The room had a jacuzzi and the tub was filthy. I called and asked to speak to the manager and he still hasn't called me back. I did speak to the person answering the phone and they denied ever having a problem. After doing research on the internet, I now know that the bed was infested with bedbugs. They also have a policy not to give refunds if you decide you don't want to stay there. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onetuffrn

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Riverbend Inn for our anniversary. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was super nice! The room was very clean, bathroom was neat and clean, had extra towels by the jacuzzi, smelled fresh, and the hallways were quite! Also, the staff was very friendly as we were checking in and out! We had an excellence experience and would defiantly stay there again! I recommend this hotel anyone who is looking for a nice romantic getaway and a reasonable price!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed October 19, 2010

When we travel all we require are a clean room, good bed and clean bath. You get that plus you get a great view, some rooms with balcony, and an average breakfast. Great location. If I had any suggestions it would be a better quality of sheets and pillows. We stayed there twice this year, in May and October and it is clean and the staff is very helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Kite, Kentucky
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Just got back from a two nite stay and it was my first and last time staying at River Bend Inn in Pigeon Forge. Booked a room for five people, 4 adults, I child age 8. Wasnt told there were no roll away beds (had I known this, I wouldnt have paid for the entire party). Tried to get blankets from the front desk to make a bed on the floor, and was told rudely that we could only have one or two...for a party of five. And there were no blankets on the beds either. Asked for towels,...only allowed three for a party of five. Upon getting the bed ready for the night, killed a cockroach on the bed..notified the front desk, and got an apology, but wasnt offered another room. My granddaugher was scared to sleep in the bed or the floor. Tried to talk to a manager but when she came she spoke spanish to the girl working behind the desk, even tho both knew english perfectly well. Oh, and as for the high speed internet, only if you take the tv cable and hook it to your pc....so you have to chose, watch tv or let one person on the net. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, unless you want to be treated rudely and pay over 125.00 per night for the services we were given.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family