“Bed Bug City”

Ranked #65 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Greenville, South Carolina
“Bed Bug City”
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I would not advise anyone to stay here, this Damn place has " Chinches"...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Central Fl.
Reviewed October 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed for three nights. The motel looked very clean and the desk clerk was very nice and helpful. Upon waking the first morning I noticed a few red marks on my arms and neck. I noticed 1 tiny flat redish color bug in my bed, It looked something like a very small roach or tick. By the end of our stay I had bites all over my arms and neck. When I returned home I looked up bed bug on line, and to my surprise this is what was in room 510. I called to speak to the manager, Jay, and when I told him about my findings he became very defensive. I wanted him to know this so he could fog the room. He stated that I should have advised them while I was there, I advised him I wasnt sure what the bug was till I got home and went on line and didnt want to accuse them of anything I wasn't sure of. He said they have never had anyone complain of this before. When I told him of the review from another guest who stayed in room 109. he denied it at first, then did state that room had a problem in the past but they took care of it and no one who has stayed in the room since has complained. I did advise him I would be posting a review, Within 10 minutes he called me back and said they inspected the room and found no bugs. I informed him they come out at night only, He then stated they will not rent the room till it has been treated. I would hope this will be taken care of before anyone else has to deal with all the ugly red marks and horrible itching.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nicenursenancy

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Virginia
Reviewed September 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the River Bend Inn recently and we were very disappointed to say the least. The clerks at the front office were rude and you could barely understand them for they had very broken English. When I reserved the room over the phone I was told I would get a room with a balcony. After me and my husband checked in, we went upstairs and into our room and it was the smallest room I have ever seen, and it had no balcony. I called the front desk and the man informed me that there were only 4 rooms with balconies and it was 'first come first serve.' I told him that this was not what I was told the day before on the phone and his only response was all the rooms were filled and he couldn't remove them. I told him I understood and could I get a room for the next night with a balcony. He said I may be able to get a standard room with a balcony if they had any left, but the room we were staying in had a King bed and we didn't want the 2 queen beds. So we decided we would leave in the morning. Then my husband tried to turn on the air conditioner and it would not work at all. We called back down to the front desk, he came to check it and said there was nothing he could do. So we had no air for the rest of the night in this tiny room where the window would not open. We did not sleep at all because the room was so stuffy and we were right over the stairs as well. All night we heard people walking up and down them. The pool was very small, so if you're planning to swim where you stay this is not the place. When you call to reserve a room you are promised a 'deluxe' breakfast. It consists of bread and oatmeal packets and 2 types of cereal. Muy husband got a cup of coffee and in the bottom of the cup was a layer of coffee grounds. So we went to Shoney's down the road. This motel looks fancy on the outside and they promise you many things but you get none of them. It was the worst motel we have ever stayed at. We went to the Super 8 the next night and got a room with a jacuzzi tub, fireplace and king size bed for the same price as the standard room at the River Bend Inn. This is an awful motel.....I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cadescovelover
atlanta
Reviewed August 22, 2009

This hotel is a great value. The staff was so friendly and informative. The rooms were very, very clean. The view from all balconies was spectacular! The River Bend Inn is situated beautifully because it is within very easy walking distance to some great theatres, one of which is right next door. How easy can it get!? There are many restaurants well within easy walking distance as well. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates a great value.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
clarksville, tn
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed there after a bad experience across the street at National Park Resort Motel. The large room was very clean with what seemed to be new pillow top mattresses. Very comfortable. Bathroom was squeaky clean and water pressure was good. The only thing wrong was their pool. Very small and only 4-1/2' deep on the deep end. The water looked clean but the sides and bottom of the pool appeared to have green slime growing on them. We didn't use the pool after seeing it. If you don't want to swim, it's a great place to stay and the price is good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
WV
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We paid extra for a balcony and that was a waste of good money. Our room overlooked the concrete parking lot. The smell outside was so terrible we couldn't have sit there if we had wanted. The bathroom lacked an exhaust...which only contributed to the smell. The shower looked like it had a black mold around the top. The underside of the bedspread looked dirty and stained with something...who knows what..YUK. The staff was friendly. The lobby was nice. The pool was small. The sign on the outside stated Brand New Rooms. That certainly wasn't true with our dirty bed and frayed carpet. Also I booked in advance and the price on the outside sign was about 1/2 of what I paid. I would not recommend this hotel. I've driven by this hotel for years and it looked so nice from outside. I was disappointed with the room. We were only staying 2-3 nights this trip, but we checked out ASAP the first morning and found a beautiful condo for not much more. Look around before you book!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Brand new -- convenient location -- extremely helpful management -- very clean -- very large room --and low, low rates. Very satisfied. No down side. We will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple