“Great stay and location.”

River Place Inn & Cabins
Ranked #70 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We had a full group (eight people) and the room was more than big enough to accommodate everyone, including the pack-n-play for the infant. The location was very close tothe main strip so we just walked to most places. Our interaction with the staff was minimum because we didn't need anything, but what we did experience was very pleasant. I would highly recommend staying here, and make this my first option for when we come back.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Tiras W
There are newer reviews for River Place Inn & Cabins

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Average MOTEL, hence it's not a hotel like the website suggested...and the cabins are not even really cabins. The front desk girl was super friendly and helpful, but the manager Ruby came and told us first thing "we're not gonna have problems are we? No partying!" We aren't even 21, even if we were, I feel like that's not a very welcoming introduction. You don't threaten paying customers before saying hello? Very odd and kinda threw us off and was insulting.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Lkdhahga
Reviewed June 8, 2014

After looking for rooms at other hotels , we made the mistake of choosing this one .Low price but its true you get what you pay for. First thing you notice was the funky smell when we opened the door. The bedspreads were dirty , and the pillow cases were stained and had a funny smell. The carpet is filthy, my kids took off their shoes and their socks were solid black in 5 minutes. There was a horrible musty, mildew smell coming from the sink.Best of all was the bathroom. There were long black hairs all over the wall beside the commode, and in the bathtub and wall around it. The towels were covered in hair. The floor had dirt all over it and there were brown smears of dirt or something else on the door. FILTHY!!! Just as we were going to bed we noticed black streaks of dirt on the wall beside the bed. The doors have gaps all the way around them where you can see completely outside. There were no extra deadbolts on the doors, so it wasn't a very safe, secure place. The 2 chairs in the room were stained and nasty. On the small patio outside were an old rickety table and 2 torn nasty chairs that belonged in a dumpster. And the ducks outside were nasty, feathers and waste everywhere , and the things squawked all night long. We will never go back and recommend no one to stay there. We have stayed in a lot of hotels and had thought we had stayed in some bad ones, but this one was the absolute worst one . When we left they gave us a coupon for our next stay which went immediately in the trash.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank clb124
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My first time staying here......big mistake!! It was late when we arrived. At 11:30 upon entering room for bedtime, we noticed soiled comforters, hair all over bathroom floor, urine on toilet seat attachment and mouse droppings under vanity sinks......and by 11:45 we found our first roach runnung through room. He was killed and thought all was good until roach #2&3....then #4......then at 1:30 in the morning, roach #5 scurries across our floor.....all 5 killed and photographed. I slept with lights on till 7am for fear of them getting in bed. I notified front office upon dressing and they were very uncaring!! Told me exterminator has sprayed and maybe thats why they are coming in my room......i immediately told the lady that the exterminator is supposed to kill them not drive them in my room. She then proceeded to tell me that if I were that unhappy that I should have called the front office and they would have moved me to a diff room. I am assuming that if a roach is in our room (which was an adjoining room with immediate family.....and yes the roaches were in both) that they would be in other rooms as well. I proceeded to tell her that had i come to the office, that no one would be there because they closed at 1:00am and it would have been pointless to get another room if i had to be awake by 7am anyways. She told me her manger rarely comes to the office but she will take my name and number with my complaint in case she stops by. So anyhow.....long story short, stay somewhere that is American owned and cleaner......because you certainly DO get what you pay for!! Stay FAR FAR away from this place!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Fastpitch28
Reviewed May 23, 2014

First of all, this is a cheap motel in the heart of a very cool place- don't expect a lot of bells and whistles. The towels were old and worn, the bedding wasn't modern, etc etc BUT the room was clean, and in fact, when my son dirtied up the floor running in and out to watch the ducks (by far his favorite part of the stay) the housekeeper even cleaned it, despite the fact we were checking out the next day. It was also nice and quiet (except for one particularly loud goose one morning) and the bed was comfortable to me. The microwave and fridge saved us a ton on food, and like I said, the kid LOVED walking out the back door and being surrounded by ducks and geese. All in all, I'd recommend it and will probably stay here again on our next trip to the Smokies.

Room Tip: If you like the idea of swarming foul, and don't mind all the droppings in the yard, get a room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Having arrived at the end of a ten-hour car trip early in the morning, was surprised to see the vast contrast of the rooms and the portrayal of the rooms through the website. One thing that's interesting is that the website features a stock image of some generic mill from somewhere, which is the farthest image away from what you would confront if you mischance to decide staying here, probably attracted by the price. Bugs in the rooms, etc. Disgusting ducks, one with what looked like sewage on its face from the blackish river nearby pecking at each other and making noise at your door throughout the night, teeming through the seemingly abandoned swimming pool and dilapidated skeleton of a building next door, like some kind of post-apocalyptic landscape. It was also enjoyable to have a desk clerk who pretended not to be able to comprehend that I had modified my reservation on noticing that AAA gave a discount, and who would not even look at the receipt I printed from Their Own Website, as if having been exhausted by what must compose an almost never-ending series of customer complaints. At least there's a fun story somewhere to be had if you want to experience the fond remembrance of happening to stay for a night at the worst motel you can conceive of.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Taylor D
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This place was one of the cheapest in the area but the accommodations were great! The place was clean and they had a lot of cable channels.

The only thing not working was the wifi but they are close enough to everything that I had good mobile data (Sprint).

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple