“Nasty Ducks and Geese!!”

River Place Inn & Cabins
Ranked #70 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Nasty Ducks and Geese!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Did not like walking out my door and steeping in (Duck Poo) Every time I went out to enjoy the river. I don't think I will be back as long as the Ducks are there. Other than that loved scenery and the housekeeping staff was very nice and went out of there way to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Amazing place to stay. Great weekly rates for vacationers. The room was clean. The staff was very friendly and inviting. Thanks for the great experience. Quick access to public transit. Outdoor pool near the river. Very peaceful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
columbia, sc
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My 88 yr old parents and I stayed Sat-Wed July 2013 at River Place Inn on the ground floor in room that had a back door w/patio where we could watch ducks and the river. very quiet, peaceful. room was cheerful with bright walls and bedding. They accepted our Coupon as it was stated in the red hotel coupon book we picked up at TN interstate rest area. We stopped at 6 or 8 other motels the Saturday we arrived, but the others had unstated glitches (as in coupon rooms only on 3rd floor no elevator, or rate only for 1 person, rate not for Fri or Sat). River Place Inn coupon was for floor of your choice for up to 4 people Mon thru Thru as stated on the coupon..slight higher for Fri/Sat . River Place Inn gave breakfast coupons for Hardees, a nearby drive across the highway where Hardees Manager Bob walked around among the tables speaking to everyone abt their breakfast experience at Hardees while the dining room hostess, with her long braid, was steadily busy cleaning..no crumb missed her keen eye! River place inn has a pool and is situated between 2 trolly stops. We will return to RiverPlace Inn and do highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms in 2 story building at the back of the property have back doors that open to a patio (ground f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank imnofluzzy
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 12, 2013

River Place Inn is a great place to stay and relax! Great rooms on the river with picnic tables, walking distance to restaurants, shows, and shopping! Swimming Pool! The staff is very friendly and nice.

Room Tip: 1st floor by river, front door and back door with deck; Red Rooster Restaurant next door with exce...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank phyllisluck
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I go to pigeon forge every yr for a week. The hotel we normally stay was booked early so I booked another. Needless to stay we walked in and right back out it was horrible. We stared the look for another room. We walked into river place inn explained the situation the desk staff (Betty) was so helpful. She let us see the room she then spent 1/2 hour in the system moving things around to get us situated for the week. We had a ground floor patio room. We loved sitting outside by the river watching the ducks play. The housekeeping staff was fantastic. The hotel was very clean inside and out! I am booking here again for next yr. I have told all of my family that are numerous this is the place to stay. I am going to try to get the little cabin by the river next yr. I am excited to go back!

• Stayed July 2013
Tazewell, Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My Family and I Frequent visit Pigeon Forge and have always stay at River Place Inn!!! I advance to book so we can stay by the river I love the view of the river and ducks!! The ladys is super nice on the phone and are very helpful because I always in a down stairs room because my mom is handicap and they always understand and don't have a problem of booking me in one of them. The front desk is very nice and very friendly. I love talking to the manager lady she as always been so nice to us. The rooms is very nice and clean. Can't wait to be back again at Pigeon Forge and River Place Inn!!!!!

Thanks Again for the great stay!!!!
B. Brown
Tazewell Va 24651

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The pool was so dirty and there was poop in the pool. It needs to be drained and cleaned really good. The place needs to be cleaned up and updated. The floor in the rooms were so filthy. When we were in the room walking around our feet and socks would be black.

• Stayed July 2012