“Calhoun's Ribs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Calhoun's

Calhoun's
Ranked #28 of 168 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington, Texas
“Calhoun's Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Very good service, nice atmosphere, and good food.

The bread selection provided was different in a good way. The bring a baguette dipped in balsamic / olive oil, a muffin type cornbread, and a biscuit. All 3 were pretty good.

Baby back ribs (Best in America per Calhouns) are NC style with a nice BBQ glaze that is a trace spicy - which I haven't usually encountered in my travels and eating "local" BBQ. Definitely worth doing again on many occasions in the future.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Plymouth, North Carolina, United States
“Destination Wedding Supper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I cannot say enough about the OUTSTANDING service Calhouns provided for our son's and new daughter's wedding celebration! Long distance planning was expertly handled by each manager I contacted. Our family is still RAVING about the excellent ribs, steak, and everything ordered on the menu, plus the room was beyond what we imagined! We are so thankful for our server-he was so helpful and attentive, as was the entire staff! Wonderful bar, champagne, and perfect atmosphere! A magical evening enjoyed by all!

Auburndale, Florida
“seems lackluster”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've been eating in Calhoun's for 15 years now and the last few times I haven't been impressed. It used to be on my "must do" list when I was in town but I think I'll skip it next time. There wasn't anything wrong with the food or service. It just isn't anything to write home about. And for the high price (family of 4 at lunch was over $50) it doesn't seem worth it.

Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Do Not Order Shrimp!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband, a couple friends and I went to Calhoun's Thursday night for his birthday. My steak was over cooked and my shrimp skewer was grilled with the shells still on! What idiot grills shrimp with the shell on? I asked the waitress about it and she said that it's just the way they cook them there. Not very edible if you ask me. I will say that the server was very sweet and prompt. The spinach dip was awesome! It has a good kick to it. My husband and friends got the ribs. Everyone thought they were just ok. Next time we will find somewhere else.

Visited September 2013
Tennessee
“A Great Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

For most of us who live in East TN, eating at a great restaurant in this tourist area is not a destination but Calhoun's is an exception. The food here is always prepared well. They are known for their ribs but we also love the ale steak and ale pork chop! This week, they offered fried okra which was fantastic. Their beers, Smokey Mtn. Brews, are all good. My favorite is the Helles. Also try the Spinach Maria. They have some good desserts, I'm just always too full to eat it. You can' t go wrong by choosing this restaurant.