“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Review of Calhoun's

Calhoun's
Ranked #25 of 184 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We wanted a nice meal but not at a restaurant we could go to at home in PA. The sign said "best ribs anywhere!" so we were hooked. We took our kids, ages 14 and 11. There was plenty to choose from. We all ate the bbq trio and it came with ribs, chicken and pork, plus sides, drinks and we also ordered an app. We loved the sauce they put on the meat and it was also bottled on the table. There was alot of food and prices were about $20 per person. The service was good and our waiter was friendly. If we lived closer, I think we would eat there often.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The food was good, it was busy but here was no wait. It was surprisingly fast as well. If you're considering the prime rib, get the prime rib sandwich instead .... $7 cheaper and you still get the same choice of size, aus ju, and to pick how you want it cooked.... Then take it off the bread :)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Everytime i come to Pigeon Forge i go to the restaurant and get the Ale Steak. It is worth the trip!!! I only stopped here one time because it was on my way out of town, but now I come back every time. While i can not comment of the rest of the menu, the rest of the family loves eevrything they have gotten!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were staying at a hotel nearby and saw their flashing marque with a "feed five for $21 carry out." When I went in to get info, I was able to get in, pick up paper with the info and out without anyone knowing I was there. We decided to order, and I went back in to place the order, still invisible, then finally someone moved and was able to place order. No southern hospitality here!
Order was ready when he said it would be but when we got back to the room, we were missing the bottle of barbecue sauce. The pulled pork was really good, even without any sauce and there was plenty for 5! The sides, cole slaw and baked beans were not to our liking, but that is all personal choice. Later,we went back to get the barbecue sauce and was given a bottle of expired sauce. Again, the sauce was not to our liking, but taste is a personal choice.
We didn't like it, but mostly due to personal preference and a lack of southern hospitality.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went down for our Anniversary and ate here oh my how great the food was, And service to match Will come back