“Unforgetable trip 💕”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of 100 Mile View

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed October 30, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

This was the worst vacation experience and customer service I have ever experienced. My husband and I were so excited to get away from the city and relax for a long weekend. We booked this cabin in July because we stayed here three years ago and had the best trip. However, from the moment we walked into the cabin and went downstairs to the pool room/bedroom smelled like urine. We tried to overlook and unpacked and relax by turning on the TV to watch the start of the World Series. The cable went in/out until it just would not turn back on. The next morning I called the costumer service number and Dan answered and redirected me to maintaince about the issue. From maintaince then redirected me to housekeeping about the urine smell to no avail we got disconnected.
The very nice mainance guy was unable to fix the issue and had to call the cable company who let us all know that the issue would be resolved on Nov. 5th (we checked out the end of Oct.). I then proceed to call back costumer service and speak to another representative (Prascilla- I believe) and she let me know that before anything could be refunded attempts need to be made to resolve the issue. Fair enough. However, the cable issue could not be fixed and then I am told that we will have to wait until 1:30 for housekeeping to come clean the carpets and try to oxidize the air downstairs. First, that should have been done before we arrived and I was not going to wait around for housekeeping to clean when our vacation should not be dictated by the chores and arrival time of housekeeping!!!!!!!!!!!
After my 3rd call back to the costumer service rep. (I was told a manager, Stephanie, would call me back and that never happened). I was told the manager was out of the office but the costumer service rep. told me that they could reimburse $100.
So we paid for a cabin with no cable for basically the entire stay and slept in a bedroom that smelled like urine. I was not happy with only a $100 return and asked to check out early. So basically they allowed us to leave early and not pay for the last night. So we were given nothing except the opportunity to leave a night early.
Needless to say, we will never use this company or cabin rental ever again! They clearly could care less, I'm sure due to October being a busy, money making time of the year, but when you are in the business of vacation rentals you should accomadate the renter.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Oct 31, 2016
Dear Brooke G,

On behalf of the staff, management, and myself, please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. We wish to assure you that this is certainly not our typical guests’ experience. Your comments are very important to us. We always want to exceed your expectations and make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible and I am so very sorry that we fell short. Please accept our apologies for what is not indicative of our service levels and we can assure you that our housekeeping and maintenance department as well as members of management are taking your feedback seriously. We are grateful that you chose to spend your vacation with us. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again during a future visit to the Smokies so that you will see that your visit with us just now is not the norm for our guests.

Croydon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 14, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Sep 15, 2016
Dear dianarincon69,

What a pleasure it was having you stay at 100 Mile View! Thank you so much for the terrific review. We constantly monitor customer feedback to make our guests experience the best possible and wish to thank you for sharing your experience with us and other potential guests. Please do come back soon!

AudreyM22...
Tampa, Florida
“Lives up to its name”
Reviewed June 10, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My husband and I just spent one of the best vacations we have ever spent- the views alone are worth the money! The cabin itself was well decorated and matched the website pictures....... our only issue was the TV was an older model in the living room and it was cutting people's heads off.
We plan to return here as soon as possible.

Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway
Jun 13, 2016
Dear Audrey M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay. We are thrilled we were able to meet your expectations and you enjoyed your time with us. We strive to make every stay a pleasant one and genuinely appreciate you choosing us for your Smoky Mountain vacation. We look forward to the opportunity to have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 20, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

May 10, 2016
Dear susanjJ1211NV,

Thank you for choosing Wyndham Vacation Rentals. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and took time to let us and others know the amenities you found to enjoy. I hope you had enough time to see and do all that you wanted while here, if not we look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Jun 6, 2016
Dear michelletD5158BI,

We wanted to thank you for sharing such positive feedback regarding your recent stay. The views are spectacular there! I am sorry you had an issue with the carpet. It has been cleaned.We’re honored to have shared the Smoky Mountain experience with you. Please do come back soon.

Odalys H
“Relaxing stay, after you clean the kitchen utensils and toilets”
Reviewed December 20, 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

December 14th - 18th, 2015
Very disappointed. My husband and I actually came here last year during this time and it was amazing. However, we arrived this year, you could tell that housekeeping did not clean anything. The toilets were dirty, the pool room smelled like dog piss, all the dishes were dirty and the kitchen utensils all had dried up food on them. I should also mention that we have a Dog and take her with us on vacation. In order for this to happen, they charge you a pet fee of $90 which i have no problem with. However, they want to turn around the rental so quickly for the next guest, that they do not take into consideration that sometimes dogs will pee on the carpet and that area should be cleaned with the pet fee that is charged to the customers. They obviously do not use that money for those purposes, hence the awful dog piss smell. There was also garbage inside the BBQ ash can, which is only used for the ashes of the grill. I had to clean the toilets, dirty dishes and utensils. The following day I decided to call customer service in regards to this cabin. After I explained the above, Miranda (the women who assisted me), advised me that housekeeping would be out there to clean up the mess. Honestly, what good is it for housekeeping to come and interrupt my vacation to clean up a mess that should have been cleaned up prior to our stay? I advised Miranda that I did not need housekeeping since I had already cleaned up. She then proceeded to tell me that Housekeeping was there prior to our stay and that based on the inspection report, everything that needed to be done had been done. She continued to offer me housekeeping, in which i continued to tell her that I did not need them. I ended up sending her pictures of everything I found (which i have attached) and she assured me that she would get back to me. Well, its been 6 days since that conversation and i have yet to hear from her. I should also mention that when I first called, I did not even get an "We apologize for that", instead i got the run around. My husband and I love this cabin. The views are amazing and the ambiance is very relaxing, but would I go back to this cabin... probably not.

Pros:
- Quiet atmosphere/Beautiful View
- Dog friendly
- Fully equipped cabin

Cons:
- Awful Customer Service
- Dirty toilets, kitchen utensils
- Dog piss smell in pool room
- Need to update televisions

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Apr 14, 2016
Dear Odalys H,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review regarding your stay at 100 Mile View. We appreciate your business and I am so sorry that your stay fell very short due to the cleaning issues your mention. Our goal is to take care of our guests so they can have a wonderful stay and it seems that this did not happen. We have reviewed your comments with our team to try and figure out what happened and to solve it from happening again.

Sherri Thomas
Reviewed July 14, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers People with pets
Dec 5, 2015
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

I am so glad that you took a moment to let us know that you loved the cabin, 100 Mile View, and want to thank you for review on the cabin. We do appreciate your comment regarding the TV?s in the cabin and we will forward this information on to the cabin owner for their review.

Your comments are very important to us. We always want to exceed your expectations and make your stay a comfortable and relaxing as possible.

It is my sincerest hope that you will consider Wyndham Vacation Rentals for future vacation plans.

Best Regards,
Sherri T.
Assistant General Manager
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing