“Had a great time!”

Great Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery Dinner Show
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 10 years The Great Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery Dinner Show has been entertaining Pigeon Forge with its unique brand of murder, mayhem, and mystery. Loyal followers including returning tourists and local residents keep coming back for first class entertainment, good food, and "whodunit"! "You'll laugh 'til you die!" The Great Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery Dinner Show is a small and intimate theater, which proves perfect for the up close and interactive show it provides. The mystery plays out all over the dining room, so every seat is the perfect seat. There are three sidesplitting, parody style shows played in repertory each week. Guests will be given the opportunity to participate in the mystery, either by becoming an audience actor or by solving the murder using the clue packet provided at each seat. Your ticket includes our "laugh 'til you die" murder mystery show with a Prize Package for the Top Sleuth of the night, as well as a three-course dinner with choice of soup and desert topping.
Dahlonega, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been to a big show in Pigeon Forge (which was great, don't get me wrong) and I figured this was one was the same way but, I felt that this one was a lot more personal. Bigger isn't always better! I am a big fan of "murder mystery" type things and this was great. The actors kept me laughing through the entire thing and the food was great! I really liked how the actors pulled a few people from the audience and had them speak some lines, you can't do that with a lot of the big shows. I would highly recommend this to anyone! On the website it says it's rated PG-13 for some adult innuendos but I didn't feel it was inappropriate at all, I just don't think it would be fun for kids because they may not understand some of the jokes (nothing bad, it's just something I probably wouldn't understand as a child.) Again, I would highly recommend it!

3 Thank Krisha D

North Vernon, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Vacation Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We took this show in because we hadn't sen it before. We wasn't sure if we would even like it. However we are really glad we went to see it. The service,food, and show was fantastic. We were treated really nice and kept entertained throughjout the whole show. Would recommend you see this entertaining show

2 Thank Granville F
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Uncomfortably weird, horrible acting and undercooked chicken.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Having been to Pigeon Forge multiple times before I have always enjoyed dinner shows. I loved the Dixie Stampede and the Lumberjack show so I thought I would give the murder mystery show a try. We called ahead and the man we spoke with was very nice and polite. He told us to arrive half an hour early to get the best seats and have time to eat our soup. We got there half an hour early and arrived at this strange strip mall with the dinner show in it. We got in and there was about 14 chairs with a room full of 30 people. We had to stand around for 20 minute staring at tacky toys and nick nacks. Finally we were seated. Myself and my girlfriend and our friend had to share a table with another family. This wasn't a problem because we were only three. Our waiter Linsey was extremely friendly and always had our drinks topped up. She was awesome! However the "play" consisted of about 5 "actors" walking around through the tables speaking in stupid accents trying to be funny. The stage was just a small space with no tables about 10 feet by 10 feet. The acting and story was so bad it was almost funny. The food came after act 1. After having the soup which was delicious we had high hopes for the main course. The potatoes were decent and the green beans were alright. The pork was tasty and so was the roll. Here was the bad part the chicken was pink in the middle. Mine was along with my girlfriends and our friends. One of the people sitting next to us had raw chicken too. I saw some of the other reviews here said the chicken was raw and the manager told them it wasn't. Well I want to clarify it was. The cheesecake came after a terrible act 2. The cake was good and a good portion. After we ate our cake we left we couldn't bare to sit through the final act so we left. Again I want to stress that our waiter was incredibly nice and tried her best to ensure we has a nice time. However don't waste your money on this show. Go to the Dixie stampede or the lumber jack show instead. I haven't. Been to the Hatfield and McCoy show yet but I'm sure it is better the murder Mystery show. What a disappointment

2 Thank RainfordA1
GSMMMDS, Owner at Great Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery Dinner Show, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
This review is neither objective or accurate. Our actors are talented, trained professionals who take great pride in their craft and work hard to provide quality entertainment. Our Murder Mystery does not provide CSI-type drama, we present over-the-top, melodramatic comedies. Additionally, the assertion the chicken is undercooked is absolutely false. The reviewer either has an agenda or is ignorant of the facts regarding the preparation of poultry. If interested, see the USDA website at http://www.fsis.usda.gov/factsheets/Color_of_Meat_&_Poultry/index.asp.
Culleoka, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Show!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Love the show and the food. The actors keep me laughing. Especially liked how they used the audience participation in their plots.

1 Thank Carmen A
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“This is fun theatre with good food and audience participation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

The theatre has been updated since the last time we went. It looks great and has a more open, dinner theatre vibe then our prior visit. The show has only four actors, but they seem like dozens with excellent scripting and fast paced changes. Audience members participate as honorary cast members. One of hte people at our table was having a birthday and got selected for a part. It just makes the whole show that much more fun. The food is average quality with a creamy soup starter, salad, a slice of roasted pork a baked chicken leg/thigh quarter mashed potatoes, and green beans. The Cheescake was fabulous! Alcohol is available for purchase.

1 Thank SUZ2SMART