“Not the best breakfast choice in Pigeon Forge”

Flapjacks Pancake Cabin
Ranked #14 of 180 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am a native of Knoxville, TN and we visit the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area often. This was my first visit to Flapjacks, and it will be my last.

We stopped for breakfast about 9:00 AM on a Saturday. The restaurant was busy, but we were seated immediately.Our waitress came by pretty quick and took our drink order. My wife and I both ordered coffee. About 10 minutes passed and still no coffee. We didn't see our waitress again during that time. After about 15 minutes she brought our coffee and took our food order. The food arrived in a timely fashion in about 15 minutes. I had "the works omelet" that came with grits and 2 pancakes, and my wife had and egg sandwich. The omelet was a nice portion but was very bland. The pancakes were average. When the waitress brought the food she commented to "be careful pouring the syrup it comes out fast". I quickly discovered that meant it was watered down. My wife's egg sandwich was pretty good. Finally, it was a little bit pricey for breakfast!

There are a lot of breakfast and pancake options in the area, Flapjacks is not a good one!

There are newer reviews for Flapjacks Pancake Cabin

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I thought the food was excellent, the service was good, and the price was in line with what you would expect in a tourist area. We were leaving town to return to the real world and we were looking for a place to grab a quick breakfast. Someone yelled, "stop at Flapjacks", so I did and I was not sorry. Quite busy but the wait was less than 10 minutes. Food arrived at the table quickly and it was wonderful.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were very disappointed in the breakfast we had. Husband had the french toast which had an onion flavor to them and I had the ham breakfast and the eggs were very dry and ham was way too salty. Service was good but the food was not.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The food was delicious and arrived quickly. They only have one flavor of syrup to go with all the choices of pancakes. It would be nice to have a selection. The order of pancakes is so big I couldn't eat it all. I had the pecan pancakes and my husband the blueberry ones. Both were delicious.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We visited this Flapjack Pancake Cabin in Pigeon Forge. It was swamped with people, but it just felt chaotic. Order got mixed up and by the time everything arrived at our table, most of it was cold. Pancakes were not that great. Don't think I would try it again.