“Great room, bad neighbors.....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Whispering Pines Condominiums
Seabrook
“Great room, bad neighbors.....”
Reviewed July 16, 2008

First, do NOT book room 521, it is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath, overlooking the mountains. The room itself was very nice, clean, and I thought we found a great place. And then night time came. There was a strict guideline given to everyone letting us know that quiet hours are from 11:00pm to 8:00am. Well, the unit directly above 521, we found out, is privately owned, and the owners allow their teenagers to "use" their property for parties, which started around 11:30 pm and lasted until early morning. These kids were drinking, smoking, cussing loudly and making so much noise that sleep was impossible. I alerted secerity, who scolded them, and they moved the whole party inside (instead of both the porch and inside), where it sounded to us that there was a stampede of cattle above us. When I talked to management the next morning, they were sympathetic, but offered no comps or discounts for what we paid. They did alert the owners, and the next night, the noise was down a bit, but they were still partying at all hours and knocking around. Being sleep deprived made the days hard to manage, and we had to oversleep to even get a few hours in. Oviously the rules only apply to guests and not owners, and our quiet get-away was ruined. There were only 4 of us renting a 3 bedroom to make sure we would have a nice quiet place. I feel like management could do more to insure that guests and owners alike are required to follow the rules.

• Liked — Room size and cleanliness, kitchen and family room.
  • Disliked — Lack of consideration from condo owners.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank lovechis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with a mountain view. It was decorated beautifully and extremely clean. The pool and lazy river area was nice. We liked being a little ways back from the main strip, but not too far. We will definitely stay here again!

• Liked — The cleanliness and location
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Laurie31f
South Carolina
Reviewed November 20, 2007

We have stayed at Whispering Pines three times now, twice in 2003, and once in 2007 for my husband's 50th birthday.

We stumbled upon Whispering Pines be recommendation of another hotel which was full. WP was relatively new then and still had a building to finish.

We have stayed in a one bedroom unit and two two bedroom units. So far, we have been satisfied each time. In fact, I gave my husband a choice of three different places to go for his 50th, and he chose WP.

The staff has always been nice and accomodating. My children love the whirlpool tub, as do I.

The cost is very reasonable, and the accomodations are some of the nicest in which we have stayed.

My only complaint is that is not too small child friendly. The only lock to the exterior door is located on the handle that my then less than two year old daughter was able to open without a problem. If I had not gotten to her in time, I shudder to think what might have happened. I learned to keep her away from the door.

With that said, whenever we go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, we will always try getting a reservation with WP first. And, we recommend it to everyone who asks.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — accessing it from the highway
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank sogal2
camden , sc
Reviewed June 16, 2007

stayed here june 7 thru 13th 2007 had a great time nice clean condos with a picnic pavillion with gas and charcoal grills.if you stay here try to get city view it was great seeing downtown pigeon forge at night. we will stay here again the pool and lazy river was great for the kids.

• Liked — better than expected condo cleanliness
  • Disliked — wish the internet would have been free like holiday inn
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank jonbeam17
home
Reviewed June 2, 2007

This was our first vacation in 15yrs, checked all condos in the area and decided to stay at Whispering Pines what a great choice we made. The place was excellent, and very clean and a wonderful staff. We had 3 bedrooms/3 baths . The decor was wonderful. Also enjoyed the pool and the lazy river & hot tub. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay . This will be our first choice from now on.

• Liked — very clean and plenty of room
  • Disliked — the kitchen could have been a little bigger
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank didik1954
Bethlehem,Pa
Reviewed May 13, 2007

My parents, my two sisters and I stayed at this condominum complex on Memorial Day weekend 2006 and it was absolutely fantastic. We had a top floor (4th i think) city view room which overlooked a park where there were country music concerts all weekend long. We were able to sit on our deck and listen to the shows without having to deal with the crowds. Very relaxing.
The condos are located right in the middle of the action, yet it's very convenient to get up to the mountains or Dollywood.

Highly recommended. FYI- we rented directly from the owner online, not the condo company.

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing really.
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank tohsdl54
North Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2007

We booked a 1 bedroom/1 bath condo during the week of April 16, 2007. First advice, book the room online - you can save 10% instead of contacting them by phone.

When we arrived, we were put in building 4 unit 31 which faced the Smoky Mountains. Once in the room, my 4 year old daughter went into the bedroom and immediately opened the window. I was shocked when she showed me that the window opened and there was no screen on the window and you looked straight down to the ground. - we were on the third floor There were two latches - however, she is able to open them. There was a piece that was put on the window which allowed it to only open about six inches. However, being a cautious mother, I did not want to have to worry about her being in the bedroom.

I contacted the desk clerk and explained my concern to her. She told me that she would see what she could do....however, there was a car show that coming weekend and there was no way that she could bump someone from their "city view" to accommodate us. That left approximately 100 units remaining yet there was not able to change us to another room. Needless to say, I was very upset that they would put the requests of some wanting a "city view" above what would be best for a child's interest. They did have maintenance come the next day to place a PVC pipe in the window so it could not be opened at all.

Another issue I had was that we were given three bath towels when my reservation plaining stated that there would be 2 adults and 2 children. When I went to the front desk to request more towels, I was told that there should be four in the unit and that there was a washer/dryer to clean them. I told them that we only had three towels to begin with and that we would also need some towels for the pool. I was then asked if I was going to actually "use the pool area". I told them that my intentions were to use the pool and I would appreciate it if they could give me more towels. Who wants to be on "vacation" and have to constantly wash/dry towels?!!!

Other than the window issue, everything else in the condo was fine.

Also, apparently not all units have hairdryers or at least ours did not. I called to the front desk to see if they keep any in the office and was told that they had one - she said that the office was not yet opened, but I could knock on the door and she would give me a hairdryer. I went down to the office and knocked on the door and was rudely approached by a lady who let me know that the office was not opened yet. I then told her that I had just spoken with a woman who told me to go ahead and get a hairdryer at the office. I was told that a $15 hold would be placed on my credit card in case I did not return it when I checked out. Needless to say, the hairdryer was definitely returned at check out - and not worth $15 anyway.

Also, just FYI - when checking out, you must clean out the refrigerator, turn the dishwasher on and take the trash out or you will be charged a $45 cleaning fee. No problem, we did as instructed.

If you want/need internet access, I was told that they do have wireless that is available in their lobby area at the office. They do have dial-up in each room though. When I made my reservation, I asked if there was a charge for the dial-up service and I was told that they had never known of anyone being charged for the service. However, when we got in our room, there was a placard that gave instructions on connecting to the internet and you could pay for the service depending on how much time you needed.

When I made my reservation, I was not told that there would be a restriction on parking either. Two days before we left for our trip, we received our confirmation in the mail along with a letter stating that due to the car show, parking spaces would be limited. One bedroom gets one parking space and two or three bedrooms get two parking spaces. Once there, we were told to keep our card on our mirror at all times or those without them would be towed. You might want to check on this if traveling during a big event weekend. We just took one vehicle anyway.

The staff definitely needs more training, etc. when it comes to working with travelers. They definitely left a bad taste in my mouth - we travel several weeks a year and I don't believe I have ever had such rudeness from a staff in my life.

We have stayed at the Smoky Mountains Fairfield and the Golfview Resort and have had a much more pleasant stay than what we experienced this time. My husband was wanting to try to stay in a condo close to the "main street" for the car show - this is the reason we decided to try this condo.

My suggestion would be to do your "homework" before making a reservation at this place.

Stayed April 2007