“I will NEVER stay again”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #74 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
virginia
“I will NEVER stay again”
Reviewed August 31, 2008

*****BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL*** Me and my husband has stayed in many hotels as we love to travel. This room was the worst we have ever stayed in. The only reason we did not leave the room when we went in is because is was on a holiday weekend and there was no other rooms available. We went into what had a king size bed and a little refrigerator on the floor along with a microwave on top of that. We hurried and changed clothes to get ready for the town seemed ok until we came in that night about 10pm turned on the light in the bathroom and there were roaches running everywhere, as my husband came to my rescue with his flip flops killing these nasty bugs, I got my shoes back on. My husband then proceeded to go to the bathroom and I heard a loud noise in the bathrooom, which was the back of the toilet seat hitting the bathroom floor. What else could happen, mind you we spent 100$ for this room at least we could watch a little tv since we only had one dollar store chair to relax in outside and it was taken. We turned on the TV and you could not hear the sound for the loud humming coming out of the TV. We just went to bed which was very uncomfortable as this was probably the worst mattress we have ever slept in (or tried to sleep) it was very noisy and the toilet kept running. Needless to say I would never stay at this motel again. We told the office staff iabout the bugs, tv and toilet seat and they just said they would check on that room. I would never have wrote a bad review like this had they had been a little more concerned or even apologized.

Stayed August 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tennessee
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I went on a weekend getaway with my sister and 5 year old nephew. We chose the Econo Lodge Parkway, because of the waterslide for my nephew. The staff was very helpful and nice, but the room was not what I expected. The bathtub had some kind of black dirt in the bottom so I chose to wear flip flops when I showered. The toliet continually stopped up on us, and the handle to the door that led to the balcony was falling off. I don't think I'll stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The room.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

valdese
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I traveled in august with my elderly parents 73 and 78 and three children ages 7,8,9 and I was so impressed from the start with the staff. They were very helpful in making sure we had rooms side by side. The rooms were clean well supplied with everything we needed and they checked every day to make sure we had what we needed and that we were clean. They would deliver warm towels to the children at the pool which was very clean and the water was very clear. In every way this was an enjoyable experience from check in to check out. I would highly recommend it to my family and friends and yes I will be staying again on up coming visits to pigeon forge. Your staff needs to be highly commended for their excellent professional means.

Stayed August 2007
Levittown, PA
Reviewed October 6, 2007

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Pigeon Forge. We go every year and love it! However, we booked the Econo Lodge on-line and requested a king bed. When we arrived, the bed was a king, but the bed was basically the only thing in the room (except for the window air conditioner). We were staying for five days and we had no room to move in that room! We went to the front desk to complain, and they moved us to a room with 2 double beds. We went to look at it prior to staying. We decided that it was bigger than the original room, and we would stay there. We never felt clean in the room, and the maid service was less than up to the par. The bed was very "lumpy", and we were up most of each night because we couldn't get comfortable on the mattress. I "tested" the cleaning people by placing a piece of tissue on the floor - the tissue was still there four days later. We almost ran out of toilet paper, as well. Luckily we stopped the cleaning person and requested more toilet paper. The tub was stained with who knows what, and the TV was very tiny. We also were next to the river, and the patio was full of vegetable plants - I guess the people who live there created a "mini" garden. I would suggest NOT staying at this hotel, as I won't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LisafromLevittownPA
Laceys Spring, Alabama
Reviewed July 14, 2007

We had an absolutely wonderful experience at the Econo Lodge in Pigeon Forge, TN. Their rooms were very nice, the guest service is excellent, and I especially loved the breakfast and the dining area! It was a real treat to watch the birds outside on the beautiful patio (of which I ended up wishing we had sat to eat...but the dining room was very nice, too, don't get me wrong!). It was just an overall very pleasant experience for me and my family!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Friendliness, and the breakfast service and dining area.
  • Disliked — parking...wish it had more / more convenient parking for the rooms facing the strip
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Mulizza
Prattville,AL
Reviewed May 28, 2007

This hotel had very reasonable rates. The staff was excellant. Each staff member responded to your needs instantly. There was never any excuses. Our toilet valve stuck and the toilet overflowed a great deal. The front desk clerk responded with towels and cleaned up the mess herself. She is a great asset to this hotel. The pool was outstanding, clean and clear. The grounds were well kept, the ducks added a good deal of fun for our grandson. All I can say is we will use this hotel in the future and we will be more than glad to recommend it to our friends. Great place to stay.

4 Thank ALGrandma1
Reviewed October 7, 2006

Called to book for two night Oct 7-9th. Sat in traffic for 1 1/2 hours on 441. Horrible. The hotel I reserved was suppose to be a suite as she stated with a refrig and microwave. Suite alright. There was a frig and microwave stashed beside the chest of drawers. She also asked if I wanted pool side or a view of the river. I thought the river would be calming. NOT! The only window was the one looking at the parking lot and there was a door to the back which made me nervous that walked out to the back where the river was. All that was there was an old chair and a lot of left over bags of garbage where they had replaced things in the room...... It was fairly clean. The linens and bedspread were clean but the bathtub look grungy. There is another econo lodge up the road that look very nice however this was not what the reservationist made it out to be.....BEWARE!

• Liked — There is quite a bit of things to do in this area
  • Disliked — What was suppose to be riverside view
  • Tips/Secrets — Always read trip advisor. It is my best friend