“No frills is what you get!!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #74 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“No frills is what you get!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We were just here for one night, as we traveled earlier than planned and our cabin was not ready. Just needed a place to sleep and shower...and this met our needs. At $45, we didn't expect much. Our room key didn't work (dead battery) so the lady upgraded us to a bigger room on the river!! Nice, clean and no frills! Breakfast was all carbs and no fruit! Nice quiet hotel for the night!

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hyden, Kentucky
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Honestly I don't understand some of the reviews, my husband and I have stayed here on numerous occasions. We always reserve a King room by the creek. Always clean, and the staff is always friendly with us and very helpful, we always ask for extra linens and pillows and never once had a problem getting them. It's not Hilton by any means, but not many people go to the Smokies to stay in their room all day, good for a good nights rest and taking a bath. The outdoor pool is also nice, not huge but it does the job. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family.

Room Tip: Rooms by the creek are a little more roomy than the poolside rooms.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrsWhitehead08
Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed November 16, 2011

we planned a weekend getaway for christmas shopping and found our room at this hotel using the internet. pictures on the internet are deceiving. the room appeared clean on first sight. there was thick dust and grime build up on the walls, electrical outlet covers and dried hairs on the wall around the sink area. huge cob webs hung from the ceiling and walls and the toilet paper dispenser had been relocated in the bathroom. the old site of the toilet paper dispenser had been filled in with dried toilet paper. the window unit heating/air conditioner was very loud but not loud enough to drown out the thumping of the music from the teen dance club 2 doors sown from the hotel. the mattress on the bed was dirty and stained....yuck....spend your money else where!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kimberly1105

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The people that own/manage this hotel are CROOKS and LIARS!! They will tell you whatever you want to hear over the phone to get you to stay at the hotel. NEVER allow them to use your credit card to put a room on hold. They will run your credit card regardless if you stay at the hotel or not (even if you call ahead to let them know you want to cancel the hold). After reading the reviews, boy am I glad we did not end up staying at the Econo Lodge. Who wants to stay somewhere with Cockroaches?? AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!! Pay the extra money to go to a hotel with good service and ethical behavior.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary S
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Well ,,location is good .It is close to Dollywood like 20 min by car .You can walk to restaurants, grocery stores or amusement parks.Its safe at night .The pool was ok.It was not crowded. It is a small pool with a little kid pool beside.Kids really enjoyed it .There was a parade in front of the hotel with Dolly Parton .She was celebrating something about Dollywood.
The room is very small .I have never been in a small room like this before. Its dark but clean . We have another door in the back .There is a river with ducks.It was nice because the kids really enjoyed feeding the ducks. Breakfast is free and it was ok .Well, bread, bagels, juices , pancake, cereals .The breakfast area is very small and crowded. We didnt spend much time in the hotel .For me was ok . The a/c works good. There is a micro and fridge .My husband didnt like the room and complain about everything. He called the front desk about an issue with the toilet and they fixed it quickly.Price was cheap like 39.99 plus tax.
Probably next time ,I will try somewhere else because there is a lot of hotels around for good price and big room or I may come back to this one too .
The main things are that the room was clean everyday , staff is nice ,cheap price and if I want something much better ,I will have to pay extra for.

Room Tip: Rooms are very smalls and dark . I stayed in the back close to the river. But I opened the back door...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Tompkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I thought I was booking the Riverside Econo Lodge. The reservation clerk said Yes, they were on the River and had ducks. I also mentioned the indoor pool and walking to the Smith Family Theater. They obviously knew I had called the wrong number but answered questions vaguely. We were disappointed with the room. Location was OK but calling this "On the River" is misleading. I suspect the main way they get business is by mistake.

Room Tip: Plenty of inexpensive rooms in town at "off times" - no need to stay here. Stay away from...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

At $120 a night we would have expected more. It was the smallest, darkest room we have ever stayed in. Found dead bugs on the floor. Breakfast was a joke. Cornflakes and white bread. The hostess couldn't get the juice machine to work. Kids screaming at the pool until after 10:00pm.

• Stayed September 2011