“It is ok for the price”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #75 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Well ,,location is good .It is close to Dollywood like 20 min by car .You can walk to restaurants, grocery stores or amusement parks.Its safe at night .The pool was ok.It was not crowded. It is a small pool with a little kid pool beside.Kids really enjoyed it .There was a parade in front of the hotel with Dolly Parton .She was celebrating something about Dollywood.
The room is very small .I have never been in a small room like this before. Its dark but clean . We have another door in the back .There is a river with ducks.It was nice because the kids really enjoyed feeding the ducks. Breakfast is free and it was ok .Well, bread, bagels, juices , pancake, cereals .The breakfast area is very small and crowded. We didnt spend much time in the hotel .For me was ok . The a/c works good. There is a micro and fridge .My husband didnt like the room and complain about everything. He called the front desk about an issue with the toilet and they fixed it quickly.Price was cheap like 39.99 plus tax.
Probably next time ,I will try somewhere else because there is a lot of hotels around for good price and big room or I may come back to this one too .
The main things are that the room was clean everyday , staff is nice ,cheap price and if I want something much better ,I will have to pay extra for.

Room Tip: Rooms are very smalls and dark . I stayed in the back close to the river. But I opened the back door...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I thought I was booking the Riverside Econo Lodge. The reservation clerk said Yes, they were on the River and had ducks. I also mentioned the indoor pool and walking to the Smith Family Theater. They obviously knew I had called the wrong number but answered questions vaguely. We were disappointed with the room. Location was OK but calling this "On the River" is misleading. I suspect the main way they get business is by mistake.

Room Tip: Plenty of inexpensive rooms in town at "off times" - no need to stay here. Stay away from...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

At $120 a night we would have expected more. It was the smallest, darkest room we have ever stayed in. Found dead bugs on the floor. Breakfast was a joke. Cornflakes and white bread. The hostess couldn't get the juice machine to work. Kids screaming at the pool until after 10:00pm.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Timefor
Reviewed August 25, 2011

It was a small room but we just needed some place to sleep and take a shower. The staff was friendly and very helpful especially since we decided to stay an extra night and they were able to accommodate us. We stayed at the other econo lodge in pigeon forge but decided to give them a try and we liked it. And it was a little cheaper than the other hotel. It had a small outdoor pool with a slide which was fun. There continental breakfast was not the best but it worked. They had oatmeal, bread, waffle maker, donuts and 2 different cereal plus juice. And it was nice because it was within walking distance of the go karts and the 3 bears general store. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h0ckeygirl36
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night. Breakfast was very disappointing. Orange juice machine was broken, waffle maker broken, warm milk, no air in room where breakfast was served, and the attendant was no where to be found. Room was fairly clean but did have a roach in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Beds were too firm for my taste. Check out was difficult as I had to find someone which took me 15 minutes. I suggest staying at the Red Roof Inn down the street. We stayed there just a few days before for the same price as we paid for this run-down hotel. The Red Roof Inn in Pigeon Forge was a wonderful hotel. With so many nice hotels in Pigeon Forge you don't need to stay at this Econo Lodge. Go elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Everything about this place is terrible, my family was so miserable!!! The room was nasty, no smoke alarm, one small trash can, no towels or wash clothes, rail broke off wall in bathroom, no clock, no frig., no coffee pot, had a bad smell. I was told the room was 259.00 over the phone including taxes, when I checked in I pd. 189.00. The orange juice at breakfast was milky looking, not a good selection of breakfast food, and it looked nasty, coffee in lobby Cold. The swimming pool was to small, maybe big enough for 8 people to play and swim comfortable. The young boy's action at the front desk was rude, and he also looked like a warm bath and hair cut would do him some good. My daughter and mother have several red spots on them, praying it's not bed bug bites, going to the dr. to find out . We checked out a day earlier and came home because of the service we received at the Econ lodge between lights 4 & 5. We stayed at the Econ Lodge riverside a few years back and it was nice. My husband and I drove cross country for several years and we have stayed at many different motels/hotels across the US, and this by far is the worst we have ever stayed at, thats including the truckers motels/hotels, they are nicer and cleaner them these rooms. Do not stay here, you are wasting your money and you will be very disappointed, several of the people we talked too at the hotel felt the same way we do. We checked in on July 3, 2011 and checked out July 5, 2011, we was afarid of not being able to get another room in Pigeon forge or we would have left before we even checked in...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank love2vacation36
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We checked in went to the room it was not to our standards went back to desk and was told we would be charged for the room and THEY DID charge my credit card which we have disputed and reported this to Choice Hotels. This is not the way to do business!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple