Message from TripAdvisor:

“Outstanding time at Sherwood Forest!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Sherwood Forest Resort
Memphis, Tennessee
“Outstanding time at Sherwood Forest!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed in two separate cabins for a large group in October 2012. Our particular cabin (Dancing Bear Lodge) was immaculate and fresh. Wood floors, comfy furniture and roomy kitchen. The views were gorgeous and the hot tub on the deck was great. The kitchen was large with plenty of room for our six adults.

The location is nice, near the Gatlinburg-end of the Pigeon Forge strip, but well away from the noise. It's really only a five minute drive to get to all the action, but you felt like you were worlds away. Recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lcking82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
atlanta, ga
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at a 2 bdrm cabin (cloud nine). The cabins are beautiful and the view here was fantastic! The cabins are just about a 10 minute drive (via the bypass) to the great Smokey mtn Natl park, which is where we spent the majority of our time when we were out. The cabins are very well kept, have ample space, great appliances/electronics, easy gas fireplaces, and the porch rocking chairs and hot tub were a huge hit with the kids. Did I mention the views??? We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank receptor
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at this resort Oct 4-8, 2012 in their cabin "Almost Heaven". The carpet was dirty in multiple places, the love seat and chair had stains all over the arms and the framing poked out. One of the king bed frames was broken, the bathroom linoleum floor was pulled up at the door entry from the kitchen. The carpet was pulled apart and tearing at the seam to the entry way and kitchen. One of the stove elements was out. Entry way flood light burned out. Coffee pot had mold in it. Did not get enough washrags for each guest until the 4th day of stay. The maintenance help tried to fix the flooring, replaced the bed frame, brought new coffee maker and new pots/pans and replaced outside bulb. The carpet, living room furniture, and stove had to be endured. While interacting w/ maintenance we found out the cabins owners had refused to update or deal with the cabins condition but the rental company rented the cabin anyway using deceitful pictures of when the cabin was first build not its present condition. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Always ask rental comp. when the cabin was built and if it has been updated.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank St_Louis_MOJoseph_P
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The weather was beautiful for late September. The views from the Sherwood Forest Resort out distance any other that I know. The staff freindly and helpful and very professional. I don't believe you could find any resort in the area better in all aspects. We really enjoyed the sunrises every morning coming over the mountains.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jane w
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The 2BR/2BA cabin was beautifully decorated, and the kitchen well appointed with appliances and cookware. In the evenings, our family enjoyed the deck hot tub; and in the mornings, sipping coffee from the deck gliders, admiring the awesome view..
Plenty of space, master bedroom/bath and pool table in the upstairs loft; family room, bedroom, bath, dining area and full kitchen on the main floor. Even a library of VHS/DVDs, books, and board games provided.

1 Thank Donna E
Groveland, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This cabin was amazing! We stayed there for 3 nights with my family and my husbands family. 19 of us in all. There was space for everyone and amazing things to do. Everyone was happy. You can almost get lost in this cabin it is so large! I highly recommend staying here. Beautiful resort, with great amenities, and awesome customer service!

2 Thank Jennifer B
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My Family and I booked and reserved Hearts Desire Cabin to which i needed to shorten my stay and politely asked to help me out being that i have supported the resort staying on three other occassions which were also complicated, but this surely draws the line. On top of the fact that they couldn't remove a day from my stay by good gesture and refused to help by any means necessary no matter how much i pleaded, but two days before my check-in i receieve another reservation for another cabin on a whole other sister property, then get a call that my cabin is not available and they choose to move me to another cabin not of my choosing on a whole other property. The cabin we were moved to we were not satified with and wasn't given much of a choice due to availability on such short notice. To make matters worse incompetent managemet and unhelpful staff's problem solving skills are that compared to a deaf mute. Their solution to this major issue was to charge me another $900 to reserve this new cabin and then refund my money they had already pulled from my my account. Front Desk even asked if one other party member had money to pay for the new reservation. Being that this was a sister property don't understand why the original reservation could not have been tranfered over and then refunded the difference. All my money in my account had been pulled to satify my reservations and was afraid they would continue charging if i had agreed and just settled for thier lack of business skills. Management has no care about guest and guest satisfaction and front desk skills are rude and incompetent. Every time i called could not get any help and front desk knew absolutely nothing. Management is never on site and every time i asked to speak to a manager no one was available. I was always told that i would get a call back and never recieved a return call. When i would call back managment would still be unavailable. Management and staff had no care for me or my business and will never recommend this place unless you want to lose money, have people be rude and incompetent plus a major headache. Instead of a heathly relaxing vacation i got to be on phones hours upon hours with tons of frustration. Don' be fooled by the glamore shoots and picture because although they are beautiful the management and staffs lack of business skills and incompetence are enough to ruin your vacation. The amont of money you going to pay for these cabins is not worth the frustration.

2 Thank John R