Laurel Crest
Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$109
Ramada Pigeon Forge North(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$76
Best Western Plaza Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$100
Creekstone Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Breakfast included
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$120
The Inn On The River(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$130
$114
Music Road Resort Hotel(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$210
Econo Lodge Riverside(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$89
Country Cascades Waterpark Resort(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$135
Hotels.com
$259
All reviewsbluegreen ownersbedroom deluxefull kitchennice resortindoor poolwasher and dryerhot tubpots and pansworking orderthe main stripnice staythe smoky mountainsgas fireplacepool tablebgapplianceslaundry
Reviewed October 10, 2009

I read another review that said the same thing I'm going to say. If you spend a lot of time in the unit and want luxury - this is not the place. If you want value and plan to spend a lot of time outside the condo, then it is decent.

These units reminded me of apartments that had been restructured. Walls were thin. Layouts were odd. Rooms/halls were small and congested. The TV in our room was about a 20 inch with terrible reception - not great considering we wanted to watch a big football game. We had to move the couch right in front of it and it took the maintenance guy 2 hours to respond to try and fix the fuzzy reception! There was only a single sink in the master bath. Weird layout for the bathroom. There is only 1 icemaker in the entire complex. AND - internet was extra. Huh? It's 2009 - that's standard now.

On the nice side - very conveniently located. The common areas were nicely decorated and well-maintained. The units were clean if not luxurious. We had a top floor unit in the back building (5). The view was great. The balcony was tiny and there should have been a wall of windows along the back of the unit to maximize the view. The pool areas were nice. This was a "2 BR" unit, meaning it was a 1 bedroom with a hotel room locked off.

We went to the Dixie Stampede and Cades Cove, both of which I had reservations about. But they ended up being the best parts of the trip for me.

Overall, I won't return. However, if I know someone who wants to spend little time in the room - I would recommend it to them.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucaru
Reviewed August 3, 2009

This was a trip meant to be introduced to BlueGreen Timeshare which we ended up purchasing. The room was really nice and I was pleased to see how stocked it was with bath and kitchen towels, pots/plans, silverware, and other kithchen necessities. My only quarum was that the hot water didn't seem to get hot. You had to let it run for quite a while before any heat was produced and when it did come out, it wasn't all that hot.
Didn't like that there was no wi-fi, but other than that, it was a great facility.
We didn't find out until our last day that there was a pool next to our unit. We had been using the one in the front area. But we know now for next time.

1  Thank Latissa R
Reviewed July 29, 2009

There was six of us in our group, this includes two children and one teenager. All six of us had a great time. The rooms were clean and really quite pretty. My husband and I liked the way Laurel Crest was kept away from the loudness of main street. I had read the other reviews and I did not find anything different at Laurel Crest that I did not exprience at a hotel. We had two rooms a standard room with a delux room attached. The toilet in our room was broken, but the maintenance man came right away when I called them. The maintenance man had to come back the next morning to fix the seal, and was gone by the time my husband and I came back from meeting with the resort representatives. There was so much to do in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg that we will most likey have to come back. This was our first vacation with the Bluegreen resort system, with such a positive experience this time I am anxious to try another resort.

1  Thank REDHONDA
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I read many of the reviews on here and was very worried. My parents are Bluegreen owners and plan a yearly trip for all of us at one of the resorts. This was our first time at Laurel Crest and after so many bad reviews I was unsure! We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and thought the resort was great. Heres what you might be interested in:

-I cannot speak for the villas (hotel rooms), we stayed in a 3 bedroom townhouse at the back of the property-I would highly recommend it! I read all the reviews regarding paper thing walls and in the townhouse unit it isn't an issue!
-Washer/dryer in our unit, full kitchen including all pots/pans/dishes.
-beds were comfy, rooms were plenty big, dvd players and pleasing furniture.
-balconies were small but the downstairs ones held a table with 4 chairs and the one off the master bedroom upstairs has 2 lounge chairs for sunning (it was great!) Master bath upstairs was big and bright. My only complaint was that the drain in the jacuzzi tub did not seal so I could not soak in the bath (darn!)
-The place was clean.
-The pools were fine, we didn't do much swimming but the little we did was great. My daughter enjoyed the small park near the rear pool. Great little BBQ areas that have high shrubs around each so that you and your family have privacy!
-Didn't have alot of contact with staff but what contact we had was fine.
-The one thing I didn't like is that the deadbolt lock on the inside of the exterior door was disengaged by just pulling the door handle. If you have small children this can pose a problem because if they know how to open a door handle they can easily get out! There is no bar lock like a hotel room on the townhouse doors so just be aware of that if you have small kids.
-My other complaint is that they do not have WI-FI in the units, only in the main lobby....this was a bit of a turn off for me. But I made it just fine for a week without the internet so no harm done!
Overall, we had a great time, found the resort to be just fine and really enjoyed ourselves. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND staying in the townhome units....I cannot comment on the hotel part.

1  Thank Bella1949
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Each year my extended family takes a trip together. After reading some of the reviews for this resort, I went in with low expectations. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and spacious.The kitchen was equipped with cooking utensils, pots/pans, dishes, etc. My daughter enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pool. The location was great. We were 10-15 minutes (with traffic) away from all of the attractions (Dollywood, Outlet Mall, etc.). We had a great time!

1  Thank Landbeav