“Not happy at Laurel Crest March 28th, through April 3rd”
Review of Laurel Crest

Laurel Crest
Ranked #44 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis
Reviewed April 18, 2005

In January of 2005 we attended a sales presentation for Blue Green propertities. We did not want to dish out 18 thousand dollars, so we denied the package. That is when we were offered a sampler package for $895.00 which allowed us to have 9000 points. We were allowed up to one year to use this package. We used half of our points at Laurel crest during the above week (spring break). When we arrived there, I think our expectations were much higher than what we received. We checked in fine. We were told (when we made our reservations) that a one bedroom would suit us just fine. There was my husband and I, and our 6 year old, and 1 year old. When we opened the door to our room, I was shocked. The "kitchen" so they call it. Is in your hall when you walk in! then the bedroom is the size of a closet that CP Morgan homes have. the living room, teeny as well. It was ridiculous for the 4 of us. We felt like we were on top of each other the whole time. I told my husband, "they are so lucky I did not pay into the 18K ownership program". I was still disappointed that I gave them the 895 sampler package money. The activities that were planned for very minimal. There was only about one activity a day for the kids, which was not that long as tall. And was only offered around 2pm when normally you would be out and about enjoying pigeon forge. It sure couldn't be convenient enough to have it in the morning or late evening when we would be home. The day we arrived we recieved a "courtesy call" to check on us, and the lady on the other end asked us if we had tickets to Dollywood. I told her I had already purchased them before we came down. She said, then come over to the guest services building in the morning and you can get back $80.00 dollars. I said "do we have to do anything for that because we will be pressed for time since we want to get to dollywood when they open". She said no, you do not have to do anything for it.

So that next morning we went to the guest services office. When we walked in they wanted us to "sign in". Right away, we knew something was going on. My husband a little upset already, said "we are just here to pick up the 80 dollars, we are on our way to dollywood: She said "you have to sit through a 120 minute sales presentation first, we don't just give anything away". He told her what the woman on the phone said and in reply, she said "she doesn't know what she's talking about". WELL! That was nice to hear. So he said "we are leaving, we have a vacation to have". So we left. The maintenance was great, within a couple of minutes of calling they were there. They only have VCR's so beware, if you want to rent dvd's or bring your own. We have to buy an RF Modulator and hook it to our portable DVD player to watch our DVD's we had rented from blockbuster that day.

The "jacuzzi" tub, so they call it, must have been the most bottom line they sell out there. It was worthless and the side of it was caving in. The bathroom around the tiles and trim was dirty and dusty. I was very disappointed. I feel so sorry for people that so call "own" this property and pay yearly maintenance fees on it, because your money is not going there. We have half of our points left, and we are hoping to use it to go to aruba. (in December or January). So I will write another review of their property then. Just beware and don't buy into their tactics.

• Stayed: March 2005
34  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 3, 2005

As an owner we have been coming back every year to the same resort. Staying at least 2-3 weeks at a time.
We truly injoy the area where it is located close to everything that is why we bought at Laurel Crest. From dining out or taking in a show for the evening can be enjoying. We like it at Laurel Crest and plan to come back every year until we retire, hoping we find a permanent place to settle near by.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, PA area
Reviewed October 12, 2004

We have been owners at Laurel Crest for about six years. We love it there and wouldn't spend our October vacation anywhere else. At one time we belonged to RCI and transferred out of our Daytona Resort but since vacationing at Laurel Crest, we don't want to transfer anywhere. The resort is beautiful, the staff is very courteous, if you need anything, they are there in minutes to fulfill your request, the ammenities are great, there is plenty of activities to keep you busy at the resort and in the surrounding area. We own both the A & B side and use both sides when we are there. Both sides are comfortable and beautifully furnished. We have always had a wonderful vacation at Laurel Crest Resort. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hopewell, VA
Reviewed May 6, 2004

Just got back from Laurel Crest and both my husband and I loved it. Stayed in the smaller side of one of the townhouses. Might have been a bit cramped for more than two but it was plenty roomy enough for us. Staff was wonderful! Ice maker wasn't working and my husband called maintenance. They showed up within 5 minutes and worked on it until it was fixed. Mattress was too soft for my back so maintenance brought in a piece of plywood and put it between mattress and box spring. Room was very clean. Everything in good working order. Our car broke down at one of the outlets and one of the staff drove my husband down to help me get the car running again. I spent a week at Laruel Crest last year and everything was just perfect. Looking forward to staying there again and again. We don't own there as we have another time share overseas.

• Stayed: May 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Shipshewana, IN
Reviewed December 6, 2003

We were warmly welcomed upon our arrival making us feel comfortable and important to them. Upon settling in our suite, we received a courtesy phone call from them to make sure everything was alright. The suite smelled and looked clean and we felt safe behind our double door entry.
Although we did not use the complimentary free laundry room, it was nice to know it was there. Our suite was exactly as pictured which included a cozy warm fireplace, full kitchen, dining and living area, jacuzzi and large bathroom. There wasn't anything that we needed that wasn't furnished. Our view of the Smokies was great. I would definately stay there again in a heartbeat! Thanks to Laurel Crest Resort for a terrific time away from home.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 19, 2003

WORST place i have ever stayed !! Small as a matchbox and as dirt as a pig pen !! Could get anyone to do anything about it . Ill never stay there again!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 25, 2003

We stayed at Laurel Crest from September 21-25, 2003. Although the resort is nice, I wouldn't necessarily call it a "resort". We had a few minor issues during our stay. When we were first checking out our room, the panel had fallen off the side of the bathtub, and we needed to put it back on. We also knew the room was supposed to have a "handbook" containing checkout procedures, phone numbers, etc. Our room did not have this, and upon requesting one, we were asked if "we really needed it", basically making us feel as though it was a HUGE request. After asking 3 times, we finally got one on our 2nd day (and the person we talked to this time couldn't believe that the other person thought it was such a big deal, and we had it within 10 minutes). And although the staff is supposed to do a thorough inventory of each room, we did not have an alarm clock in our room, and had to request one on the first night (we did get it within 15 minutes). Most of the staff seems to be very helpful and responsive...just keep asking if you don't get what you need. Noise can also be a factor depending on your room location (ours just happened to be on a corner, right next to the primary walkway from the parking lot). We were in a room considered a standard one-bedroom, that would accommodate four people. It would be very tight to have four people with all their luggage in this room...definitely request the deluxe upgrade. The reason that I state this is not very "resorty", is because it is a small complex and the feeling is more like a fancy apartment complex. You only have your standard amenities, and not much extra...definitely not a place for children. The location is very convenient to all Pigeon Forge attractions. It is a great place to stay if you plan to spend most of your time at the attractions. We would consider staying here again, but it wasn't at the top of our list of our favorite accommodations.

15  Thank monday1974