“Great time...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
West Virginia
“Great time...”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

My family had a wonderful time...we loved this place. The staff was great...it was also very clean....and close to the main strip in Pigeon Forge. The staff had a pool party for the guests while we were there & my daughter had so much fun. We are hoping to go back soon.

Stayed July 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
dayton
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I am fed up with bluegreen they only have 1 bedroom standards no matter when you try to book a reservation all I hear is 1 bedroom standard is all we have I am just fed up with them I f there is any way this will help someone to not make the same mistake we did it is worth writing Be Warned Stay away from Bluegreen Connie Byrd

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rooms too small
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank conniedayton

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Arkansas
Reviewed May 29, 2008

We arrived around 2:00 a.m. after driving for about nine hours and were greeted by a very pleasant security guard. It was a little difficult to find the resort entrance due to the sign reading "Bluegreen," and we were looking for something reading, "Laurel Crest," which is actually on the sign but much smaller. We were satisfied with our room. I noticed several other people on here complaining about the walls being thin; however, I never heard my neighbors at all. I would have to agree with people who said their room was small. We are a family of four (two teenage girls), and we were OK, but it would have been nice to have something a little bit bigger. We don't go on vacation to sit around the room and look at each other so the room size really wasn't an issue for us. My youngest daughter did enjoy the pool, and except for some old man (guest, not an employee) who stared at all the women, we liked it as well. Everything in the room (that we used) was in working order and clean. It took us a while to figure out how to shut our door. It's made so you have to use your key to shut the door thereby preventing you from locking yourself out. I think that's a great idea! All of the staff that we had any contact with were all friendly. I'm very picky about customer service so I was pleased with how we were treated. I did use the fitness room and was the only one in there, but really liked the treadmill. The indoor pool was still under construction, but we probably wouldn't have used it anyway. Our only real complaint was the garbage pick up people come around 0600 to 0700 and they're quite noisy. Would I stay there again? Probably not because we used it as our exchange week and we're going to sell our timeshare soon. We agreed to attend the "presentation" at the BlueGreen Offices and after 2.5 hours told them we were not interested. We received our $100.00 Visa Gift Card and left. I will say that even after we told them we were not interested, they were still just as nice as they were when trying to make the sale. Since we were letting our kiddos sleep late, it was worth the time just for the free $100.00 which we used before we left Pigeon Forge.

• Liked — Off the main strip in Pigeon Forge
  • Disliked — Loud garbage people
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ArkansasSpence
Tennessee
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We had a HORRIBLE time booking a weekend and ended up settling for whatever date and available unit we could get. We had a "Sampler" that we had paid over $1000 from Bluegreen. You would think they would have tried to impress us but it was quite the contrary. We were originally told the furniture was replaced every 5 years in all Bluegreen resorts, but were told that this was the first time in 15 years (now under new management). The "townhome" unit itself was a little above the average rental ...kitchen was nicely stocked with dishes, etc. HOWEVER, the walls must be paper thin as I could hear the people in the next unit doing laundry and even just walking across the floors. While I enjoy nature, I did NOT expect to hear the birds the next morning sounding as if I were in a tent with screen windows.

The main hot tub was closed for repair and the remaining hot tub was definitely NOT working properly.

Just FYI for any other Bluegreen participants, we were informed by the marketing crew onsite that by doing the "sampler" you only have access to about 10% of the normal facilities and that the better units we had originally sought were held back for "owners". I pretty much came out realizing I had been given a major line of melarkey from the beginning. I still have over 8000 "points" to use before the end of the year, and due to their "blackout dates" and the availiabilty to "sampler" holders, I suspect I just paid $1000 for 3 nights in a $130 room. Definitely a disappointment!

• Liked — Kitchen utensils and supplies
  • Disliked — Very thin walls
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luvthesmokies08
Hialeah
Reviewed January 16, 2008

I stayed at this resort to do some skiing at Ober Gatlingburg in the month of January. At arrival, the staff couldn’t have care less whether our welcome was pleasant or not. They were just there to register you in and that’s about the extent of their existence. Apparently, the resort was going through some renovations and the indoor pool was closed as well as the rec-room. Their house keeping consist of bringing you towels and toiler paper and that’s it. Forget about calling the front desk for help as they are only there taking up space and breathing hard. The resort is mediocre with horrible staff that should all be fired.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank JX1
tn
Reviewed October 12, 2007

YES, we had purchased the sample pkg. but were very impressed with the lay out of the resort . An the room were very nice an clean It had very thing we needed. Yes we heard the nieghbor going up an down the stair. The "bears" (GARBAGE PICK UP) but that didn't ruin our week there. Oh WE ALL CAN alwaysFIND SOMETHING WRONG WITH A PLACE; BUT THEN YOUR OWN HOME ISN'T prefect.

• Liked — the quietness you felt as if you're in the county
  • Disliked — noise level if your in a townhouse
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank enjoyedthemountains
Itasca, Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed at Laurel Crest for 5 days. The first evening we decided to take a quick swim in the pool located at the back of the resort. My six-year daughter needed to you the restroom so instead of returning to our condo, we stopped into the pool's restroom. The door leaned on the frame so I used a little force to close the door. The bathroom was very hot and had no windows. When my daughter finished doing her business, I tried to open the door but it was jammed shut. My daughter & I proceeded to pound and kick the door until someone at the pool finally heard us. This woman had to KICK the door in with her foot! We immediately contacted the front desk who sent a maintenance worker. The man walked up to the door, looked at it and walked away. Every day we checked the door until we left - it was never fixed. We contacted the management of Laurel Crest and the facilities owner - Blue Green Resorts, and no one bothered to contact us. My recommendation is to stay away from this resort!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 92 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Laurel Crest? Share your experiences!