“It was okay...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Milton, West Virginia, United States
“It was okay...”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The property is in good shape outside...the inside could use some work. Gorgeous landscaping and grounds. The parking spaces were a little tight in a world where everyone drives an SUV. The pool facility that we used was great and the kids really enjoyed the playground. The rooms were extremely small....seems a little hard to turn around even. And the furniture is outdated and uncomfortable. With all that being said, we weren't really in our room a whole lot but overall we've definitely had worse.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Spring S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I do not own a timeshare through Blue Green - stayed with someone who is an owner. Good grief!! We are right next to the pool and it doesn't close until 11pm. So my 3 children can't sleep because of all the constant shrieking coming from the pool area. The pool near the main office should stay open until 11, but the pool right outside all of these rooms should close at a respectable time - 9pm would be great. They couldnt move us to another room because they are fully booked. IF I ever come back again they will have to put us somewhere far, far away from the pool so we can actually rest. Hard to vacation with kids when everyone is exhausted from lack of sleep.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Nattim511

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We checked into this Time Share as a trade from a two bedroom unit to a one bedroom unit through Interval International. We were initially assigned a unit that was below the street level with steps that did not allow for access of a dolly to transport our luggage from the car to the room. We were re-assigned to the unit above it, once I complained. This unit was so small and cramped, it had one closet just large enough for one person's clothes and no light in it. The bathroom had a commode, sink, bathtub/shower and two towel bars. There was no vanity or space around the sink to even hold a toothbrush. I had to improvise and use the tissue box to hold my hairbrushes and combs. I had to turn the laundry basket upside down to use for my makeup. The bathroom door opened into the refrigerator door. The table placed in the living room with 4 chairs blocked the access to the sliding glass door to the balcony, it was really only enough space for two chairs and that was still crowded. There were 2 adults on this trip and it was uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Ask to see the unit before committing to it. If trading as a Time Share, refuse to take a one bedroo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BlackCatFlorida
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our room was nice and modern. We loved the fact that the bed and jacuzzi were in a separate room than the "main" living room/kitchen area. The indoor pool in the clubhouse is nice. There is also an outdoor pool and hot tub. Though they don't clean your room during your stay, we had no problem with this. It is conveniently located right off the main strip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rushville, Illinois
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just a few blocks from the main drag in Pigeon Forge, but a world away for a relaxing, peaceful surroundings. Nice well kept facility and great helpful staff. Extremely helpful on getting tickets for the shows. The rooms are a little dated, but clean and fresh. A perfect getaway to rest and relax after a day in the park or hitting the tourist main drag.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor for a better view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you asked me in one sentence what i though about my stay, it would be the above.

Check was fine for us, even got in a few mins early.

I asked for a larger than standard 1 BR b\c i knew it would be small based on the website's diagrams. They didn't have any available, so my one main complaint about the property was that our room was small. I think the website says something like 450ish sq feet. This was fine for my wife and I, but we kept saying that if we had our son it would not have worked at all.

There is only 1 ice machine on the property, so that is weird.

Seems to be a lot of older folks that stay at the property so most of the parking spots were taken by the time you would get back from dinner or a show.

I would suggest that you get a top floor room as the walls are pretty thin so I can only imagine what it would have been like if we had people above us.

Pool and hot tub on site are good. There is also an indoor pool in case the weather is poor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jjcoop
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend. There was a misunderstanding of the arrival date and they had already charged us a $100 no show fee by the time I noticed the paperwork was wrong and called the night before our correct arrival date. They were extremely nice and fixed the issue refunding me the $100. We were here during the BBQ & bluegrass festival and couldn't find it's location, I called the front desk and the girl researched it for me and gave me directions right to it. Extremely kind and helpful. Our room was the one bedroom one. We have no complaints with it. It was clean, fully furnished, and had all that we needed. (Coffee, salt/pepper, bath and body works soap, extra trash bags, dish detergent, dishwasher detergent, etc.). We stay in oceanfront condos for vacation every year....it is very similar to them in housekeeping. They do not clean you room unless you request it. I like it that way because I don't have to worry with putting up my stuff before leaving the room.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple