“Amazing birds”

Parrot Mountain & Gardens
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing birds”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We thought this would be some cheesy petting zoo or something, NOT. You are able to feed the birds, hold them and scratch their necks. They have a separate room where you can give some canards nectar. When you walk in with this little cup, they all come fly on you and land all over you...it was soooo cool. They have an area where the birds are all sitting and you can feed them too. There is also a place to see newborn and younger birds. We have been to many places, as I love animals and birds, but this was BY FAR, the best, especially if you like birds. They are all hand fed and raised and sociable. They are beautiful! The gardens are also beautiful and well kept. A lot of hard work goes into this place. I would recommend it to anyone & everyone! Thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

2 Thank Susan H

• Arabic first
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

If you like birds... you'll love this place! Getting to see such beautiful birds up close was so much fun and informative.

Visited October 2013
Crestview, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Must See!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Not only is this a fun place to visit, but also a rescue for mistreated birds. We chose it because we have never been to a place like this before or seen one like it anywhere. The gardens and habitats are beautiful and very well kept. There are a lot of different species of birds that are all very colorful and beautiful. I have to say that I was a little scared of feeding the birds due to going to pet shops and having them bite me in the past. This was totally different! I was so pleasantly surprised that the birds here were so gentle! There were lots that you were allowed to feed and everyone of them barely touched your hand when eating the food. I had one tell me, "Thank you," every time I fed it. Lots of them say different things. There is also a section that is just for the kids as well. The food is only 25 cents for a handful and we got several handfuls because it was so much fun! You can also purchase a picture that comes with a magnetic frame while you hold the birds on your head, arms, and holding one like a baby for $15. I thought it was very reasonable, especially since it went to help them rehabilitate rescued birds and you get a great picture. This was an awesome place that we would love to visit again!

1 Thank blaina8
Little Rock
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Photo Op”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I really enjoyed photographing the birds and my wife enjoyed feeding some of them. This is a beautiful place and worth putting on your agenda if you're in the area.

michigan
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“By far the best place in Gatlingburg!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Parrot Mountain is a MUST SEE!!! By far one of my favorite spots in Gatlingburg, we go every year to TN and I'm sad it took me so long to find this place. Even before you enter the sanctuary of birds you will be impressed with the landscape and design. I had no clue just how incredible the inside would be. The staff is super friendly and grounds are exceptionally clean. The birds are out of this world awesome, and taken care of in way I have never seen at any other zoo or location. Your able to feed the birds and interact with most all of them. Great experience! I will definably be back next year with my family and the year after that....