“Never seen anything like it”

Parrot Mountain & Gardens
Reviewed August 3, 2014

WOW! We almost didn't visit, We are so glad we did. We were surprise a lot of the birds are not in cages. I would love to visit this place again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,233)

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Take a roll of quarters and have a great time visiting this wonderful place. Get up close and personal to these beautiful birds. Feed and play, see the babies and buy one if you'd like. This a clean and beautiful botanical park as well. We visit everytime we are in the area and never tire of the experience.

2  Thank RoyMcAtee
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My wife and I visited Parrot Mountain earlier this year and it was the highlight of our vacation. We spent several hours there and were amazed by all of the different kinds of beautiful birds that were there. We loved it that we were able to feed and interact with them. The grounds were beautiful! We also had a great lunch. The burgers were terrific! We really enjoyed talking with the friendly and knowledgeable staff. They were great! Can't say enough good things about Parrot Mountain. We will be back. Kids will really love this Place.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

You get to see and hold the birds. They are not in a cage so you can buy food and feed them. You can also make your picture with the birds too. The staff was great too. They had some baby birds also for sale. We enjoyed it.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I was amazed by the beauty of Parrot Mountain! The exquisite birds were lined up near the paring lot,sitting under there own beautifully designed umbrellas.To see God's creations this close up was an absolutely fabulous and different experience for me and my family. Once we entered the gates that led to the activities,there were more beautiful parrots relaxing and we were able to observe them this time even closer while we sipped some iced cold soda and much needed coffee.While inside the gift shop,there were baby birds of all ages out for all to watch.What an educational experience! The bald little parrot reminded me of an old man,while the rest of my family had different ideas of what each stage reminded them of.The fun had not even began yet.Once we finished our drinks and Boar's head sandwiches,we bounded over to an area where we could actually hold a parrot.I could not believe how gentle and lovable a parrot could be.There was a small show where some of the more talented parrots entertained us with some singing and their own unusual talents! Miss Tennessee stole my heart! But the best had to be the nursery where we fell in love with the babies.Holding them and interacting with the younger parrots had to be the greatest feeling! Once a parrot rests their head upon your chest,and you gently pet his/feathers,the feeling is like no other.We left and came back to the nursery four times.We were also able to give nectar to some free flying birds and walk through a secret garden to observe some birds making a nest! What is there to say?We did not want to leave.And I do not want to forget the people.They were sweet and very friendly! A must place to visit.Truly beautiful,educational,and fun!

2  Thank Brigitte D