“Must see!”

Parrot Mountain & Gardens
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this place and was so glad we did! It was wonderful and cannot wait to go back! The staff was so nice. I have never seen so many pretty birds in one place. Its also neat because some of these are rescue birds! Please go, well worth it!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,243)

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

From the time we started planning our trip to the Smoky Mountains, all my Mom could do was say, "We have to go to Parrot Mountain." All I could think was, "Great, another tourist trap." We visited today and thoroughly loved it!!

I like looking at birds ... in pictures! But, I have to admit, this was a great experience. I even held a couple of birds! We fed some of them (Lorys, I think) nectar. It cost $2 extra each, but well worth it to see a dozen or more birds perched on my Mom and my husband!!

I got some great pictures. In addition to lots and lots of birds, the grounds are beautiful and clean. The staff was welcoming and friendly. It was a wonderful way to start our day. We walked around for a couple of hours. The visit is self-guided so you can enjoy Parrot Mountain at your pace.

It is, as the name implies, very steep and hilly. We wore good shoes and were fine. There are many places to rest amidst the beauty, but you will get your exercise.

There are baby birds in the nursery and many of the birds were rescued from abusive situations and are being rehabbed. They are doing great work here!!

I think older kids would really enjoy this. Not sure about really young kids, I'm not a fan of being that close to birds, but I managed. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable.

Nature and God are worshipped here. If you are offended to references to the Bible, Christianity, or angels, be warned, this park glorifies the Lord. We enjoyed it all, including the prayer garden.

It was so cool being able to touch these glorious creatures and get pictures of the bright colors. We'd definitely visit again!!

1  Thank Mona W
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife is a conure owner and a bird lover. Me, not so much. After finding Parrot Mountain on TripAdvisor I knew how much she would enjoy it. She loved every minute of it and we stayed there for a couple of hours. It is very hands on and we got to handle many of the birds, at least the birds that don't bite. The ones that bite are all identified. Some are in cages but most are on perches in an open area. The staff is very, very knowledgeable and helpful. I am not much of a bird person but I did have a great time too.
This attraction is on a steep mountain side so there is some steep hills to walk up and down. There is a very interesting nursery with many baby birds and staff is always present to provide answers to questions. It has a good gift shop and grill with very good food.
There are plenty of discounts available all around Pigeon Forge.
Everyone interested in birds should not miss this attraction.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We visited here last year. This year my daughter & 16 year old grandson came with us & liked it as much as we do. The birds appreciated the food that we purchased & quite a few climbed on us. Make sure you find the one who says 'praise the lord'. My grandson had a lovely photo taken with several parrots perched all over him. My daughter particularly liked the baby parrots as they are so cute & you can pick them up.
The people who run this place have given these unwanted birds a lovely place to live & to be able to interact with them is a real privilege. Hope to come back next year.
Don't forget your camera!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Awesome, awesome place for most. If you have a hard time walking up hills or down hills I suggest not going. Wish it was on flat land so everyone could see the beautiful birds, you can feed and hold some awesome birds. Beware of signs, some birds should not be touched

1  Thank John O