“A great surprise to our vacation!”

Parrot Mountain & Gardens
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went to Parrot Mountain today, and this turned out to be one of the highlights of our vacation. It was a very pleasant surprise to find this treasure! The birds were amazing, the staff polite and friendly, and the time to bond and pray with my husband and teenage daughter in the prayer garden was priceless....I highly recommend this place to everyone before you leave Tennessee!!! You will be richly blessed by this experience and we will be back every time we visit.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Family of five with 7-, 5-, and 2-year-old kids and we all loved it. All of us got to hold and feed several varieties of parrots, cockatiels, and lorakeets. A bit pricey, but when one considers the care they are providing these birds (many of which are injured or were relinquished by their owners), I just viewed it as a donation to these gorgeous birds' welfare. We all enjoyed collecting colorful feathers off the ground. They are in the process of developing an area for a "parrot show" which will be a great addition, as I was a bit disappointed that they didn't offer a show, but nearly every set if birds we encountered put on their own show--dancing, talking, and more--just say "Hello," and you'll get them started!! One even said "bye-bye" so many times as we were walking away that my daughter went back to see him again. I read some other reviews, and saw some comments about poor attending staff. The staff that we encountered were helpful and pleasant (some spoke English and others did not) and one went out of his way to assist my youngest daughter who is quite feisty and my middle daughter with multiple disabilities to hold and feed the birds. On that note, the accessibility issue was the main reason I did not give it 5 stars. I was lucky that my daughter with disability is still small enough to carry in a backpack, which is where she spent at least half the visit because the walking was too steep for her and she kept getting tired. For that reason, I would not recommend visiting with a wheelchair unless you have multiple strong persons to take turns pushing the wheelchair. Not even sure if the entrance itself is accessible?...!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am glad that me & my husband found their brochure for this place. This was the most unique and beautiful attraction during our Gatlinburg Vacation. This place appeals to the whole family. The kids will love the talking parrots and some of the tricks they can perform. Also you must pay few extra dollars for the nectar to feed the birds in 1 area. A cherished moment as several birds come down and feed out of your hand. I am curious and can't wait to see what they add and how big they will get!!!

1  Thank juliet91382
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We loved Parrot Mountain! The birds were so beautiful and interative with all ages. This is a wonderful place to visit while in Pigeon Forge. Loved that it was Christian based also! One of the parrots even said "Praise The LORD." It was an amazing place.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Loved it here! Up close and personal with the birds, such an awesome experience! We got our picture taken with parrots on our arms and shoulders, got to feed them and interact with them. Grounds are beautiful and everything is well taken care of. The staff and owners were very friendly! Great family memories!