“The Place That Pleases Everyone”
Review of Log Cabin Pancake House - CLOSED

Log Cabin Pancake House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have been to many pancake houses and breakfast places in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area over the years, and none of them have ever been able to stand up to the Log Cabin Pancake House. For the last few years this is the only place I ever go to when I am here and I want this type of food. I have taken other people with me the last few times, including this time, and over-whelmingly everyone has agreed they have amazing breakfast food. And most of these people are very picky people.

This restaurant is always crowded, and quite often a line waiting to get in. So if you come on the weekend, be prepared for the possibility to wait a bit to get seated especially if you have a large party. We went on a Sunday, and there was only three in our group. So while there were a couple of large groups waiting to be seated, we were able to get in immediately.

The decor is nothing special and is very dated. So don't go in looking for a place that looks like the IHOP, you won't find it here. What you will find is unbelieveably friendly and accomidating staff, and great prices for some of the tastiest breakfast food in town. I would say this is a hidden gem, but considering how crowded it is every time I go there, I think the secret is out.

I personally love their biscuits and gravy. I usually only get an order, which is about $3.50. However if you have a big appetite you can get all you eat for $5.99. Along with my biscuits and gravy I had a side of grits and bacon. I went with two friends today and one also had a order of biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon and and eggs over easy. The other friend had a short stack of pancakes with sausage links and scrambled eggs. The food was delivered fast and everything was correct. And this is the only meal we have had thus far that everyone in the whole group has unanimously agreed was good.

1  Thank Karen S

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We ate here 4/13/13 and what a wonderful meal we had.
We had the lunch buffet and it was wonderful!! Everything was "home made" and delicious.
The chicken salad and the cucumber salads were almost all I ate, they were so good !!!!!
On the hot buffet were chicken, pork, vegetables, and hot breads and soup.
All of this for $10.00 !!! What a deal.
Don't miss this place.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you are a complete neophyte to all breakfast food, this place is probably good. If you've done some cooking of your own, you'll be disappointed. Frozen sausage, frozen biscuits, powdered gravy... I'm not saying it was bad, but it was all pre-made and just so-so. According to my wife, however, the chocolate milk is stellar...

1  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

When we go to pigeon Forge the best breakfast is at The Log Cabin Pancake House!! Their pancakes, sausage and country ham are all supreme. The strawberry crepes are to die for. Been going there for years. Family operated and the same waitresses have been around all those years. Once you go to the Log Cabin you'll always return. At traffic light 10 on the left as you leave to go to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had a party of 9 with some small children and we got in around 8:30 with no problems. This should have been our first clue. My wife and sister-in-law both requested egg white omelets and our server told us that they couldn't do this which seemed very odd for a place that specializes in breakfast food. I ordered an omelet as well and the cheese tasted like kraft American cheese slices that were melted. It did not taste good at all! The mushrooms in the omelets tasted like they were from a can as did the blueberries on the pancakes. My son's waffle looked like it came from the eggo box in my freezer. I made a much better one at our hotel the previous morning. Nothing in this place seemed fresh! The syrup was thin and the coffee was average at best. With all of the other good breakfast places in town I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone!