“Great Hotel, Great Price”
Review of Park Tower Inn

Park Tower Inn
Ranked #30 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Oneonta, Alabama
“Great Hotel, Great Price”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I found this hotel online, usually I stay at Holiday Inns, but this place was a better price. The front dest staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size room my family of five was able to move freely in the room which is nice, the two pools were nice and clean, the indoor hot tub was very relaxing and my kids loved the indoor lazy river. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Columbus, OH
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Took the family here in June 2010, and I was pretty sure what I would get after reading reviews ahead of time, and pretty much they were right on. It's not a luxury hotel, but you don't pay for one either. I'm amazed at the prices...very reasonable.

The rooms are quite big...nice for a family of four. Everything was clean and looked well maintained. The game room (pool table, air hockey, and three video games) was fun for the kids, and they also really liked the lazy river and indoor pool area (including the decent-sized hot tub). There is an outdoor pool too with a very small hot tub, but we didn't use them...people seemed to like them though.

Other pluses are a variety of vending options (including many non-caffeinated beverages) and a coin-operated laundry.

The breakfast is pretty basic and IS a notch down from a Hampton Inn breakfast for example (no waffle maker and my wife said the coffee tasted old and burned), but for the price of the hotel, the breakfast is more than adequate if you ask me -- english muffins, bagels, biscuits with sausage gravy, cereal, fruit, little muffins. I was perfectly happy.

The staff was really nice too. I would recommend this hotel to just about anyone as long as they know ahead of time that it's not the Four Seasons. You want a clean comfortable place to sleep while you visit the Smoky Mountains and the Pigeon Forge area, then this place is it.

One caution is that the pool deck for the indoor pool is VERY slippery. They have signs warning you not to run, but even for very sure-footed people, just walking on that pool deck can make you fall...I just about fell one time and I saw a few other people slip too. If there's any way they could solve that problem, they should...someone will fall and hurt themselves one day if they haven't already.

2 Thank TravelingSteveFamily
naew31
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We loved this hotel! The pools and lazy river were awesome.. The Jacuzzi was great too. One night it seemed to be a little cool temperature wise but the next night it was right up to par. We enjoyed the breakfast although we would have loved to have seen more variety including a waffle maker.

The rooms are big and roomy.... The bathrooms are a little small but not so small they are not tolerable.

We are eagerly awaiting our next visit to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed June 21, 2010

The Park Tower Inn is a great place to stay. We stayed there with our two young daughters (4 year old & 6 year old) and they had a Great time in the two pools and the "lazy river". There is an outdoor pool, and if the weather is not cooperating there is an indoor pool, lazy river, and jacuzzi. The management is family owned and operated and they were all very pleasant and helpful. I was concerned about our 4 year old sleeping on a bed without rails (like she has at home) and the desk clerk was nice enough to provide us with 4 or 5 extra pillows to put on the floor next to the bed. Location is nice - one block off the parkway and within walking distance of a couple breakfast spots. We chose Park Tower Inn after reading reviews on tripadvisor.com Rooms were pretty basic, but no complaints. Hope this helps.

Whitwell, TN
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Traveled here in early June 2010. Service was fantastic, room was clean and looked new, breakfast was awesome. The kids loved the pool and lazy river. Bed was a little on the hard side but we will be back to stay again.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Park Tower Inn is the most awesome place I have ever stayed ,me and my daughter stayed 4 nights for my BIRTHDAY and it was great, The indoor pool and the indoor lazy river made for a very relaxing night after a full day of shopping and fun,and it was within walking distance of everything we wanted to do and where we wanted to go..and the price the price for 4 nights could not be beat for all they had to offer..I will stay there now every time I am in Pegion Forge

• Stayed June 2010
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I along with our five year old boys recently stayed at Park Tower Inn for five nights. The first thing we noticed was the spacious room, LCD tv, and separate sink from toilet and shower. Normally, as the week goes on, our room becomes so cluttered from dirty laundry, drying swimsuits, and other personal items that it becomes claustrophobic, but the extra space really allowed us to not feel that way on this trip.

Although we only enjoyed the breakfast once, because we were too lazy to get up to be finished by 10 AM, it was really good and plentiful when we did eat it. Breads included biscuits, English muffins, bagels, and mini banana nut muffins. The only fruit was a large mix of fruit cocktail with pineapple, bananas, and mangos. Cereals included Rice Krispies, Apple Jacks, Raisin Bran, and I think maybe one other kind; however, they were not served in enclosed individual containers, but in large self-serve bowls, instead. Beverages included whole milk, orange and apple juices, coffee, and maybe, water. Condiments included sausage gravy, jellies or jams, cream cheese, and butter. I really thought it could be considered a deluxe breakfast, even though it did not have the waffle maker, fresh fruit, or boiled eggs.

However, what my five year old boys appreciated the most during our stay was the lazy river and indoor pool, which were both warm, even though the lazy river was much warmer. As a mother, I really appreciated the restrooms being located directly through a single door opening, just five feet from the door opening as well as the indoor pool hours ranging from 9 AM to 2 AM. My husband and I eventually enjoyed the jacuzzi the night before we left, which was quite warm and could have been considered hot to some visitors. It was apparent that the indoor swimming area was well kept, and was further evidenced by the 100 scores for all three areas, posted directly beside the elevator to get to or from the indoor swimming area.

Finally, check-in and check-out was quick and friendly enough. However, what we appreciated most was not having to leave our car tag number, make and model, color, etc.

As long as Park Tower Inn maintains the present quality of their hotel with reasonable rates, we will continue to give them our business hence forth.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family