“Clean, Friendly, Affordable Hotel with Great Amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Tower Inn

Park Tower Inn
Ranked #31 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Fairborn, Ohio
“Clean, Friendly, Affordable Hotel with Great Amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

We unfortunately stayed at another hotel the first four days we were in Tennessee. We decided to stay an extra night, and they jacked the price up double since it was Friday, so I began searching for another hotel. The Park Tower Inn had a room available, the price was very reasonable and they had more amenities than the last hotel we had been in. They even let us check in at 9 a.m. (they don't guarantee early check in, but will allow it if the room is ready). I wish I had found this place first - I could not believe how clean everything was. The only drawback was, the room we needed was on the 6th floor, and I am not big on heights, although the view was beautiful. Our teenage daughter was very happy with the lazy river and pools. Although we didn't have time since we were there for just one night, the whirlpool was huge and looked very inviting. Since this area is prone to a lot of rain during the summer months, it's great to have something indoors to do other than just a pool. The breakfast was good - in addition to cereal, bagels and toast, they had biscuits and gravy and fruit salad. Everyone was satisfied and it saved us having to buy breakfast out. The staff was also friendly and when we left I let them know we would definitely be back to see them. The only thing I didn't like was the no pets policy, but we seldom travel with ours, anyway.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
PARKTOWER, Relations Manager at Park Tower Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The staff at PTI works very hard to try and see to it that each guest has the very best stay possable while in Pigeon Forge. If we can help you with another stay, please call us and let us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Northeastern Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

So we booked our trip online through their website, and looked forward to our trip. On our way to pigeon forge, my girlfriend hopped online in the car to get the address. She stumbled across the reviews that were either amazing or just awful. I felt as if some reviews were fake, but I have never come across that sort of thing on tripadvisor.

Before I continue I would like to say I work in Law enforcement and tend to notice extra things that my fiance or others do not.
We only stayed two nights which turned out to be very unpleasant. We checked in which took a little too much of my time and patience, The desk clerk performed as if he was untrained or high as a kite, either way it was my vacation and I wasn't working so I brushed it off. The entire building smelled of chlorine and we were staying on the 3rd floor. I did not encounter a single staff member that was pleasant, as I encounter in alot of hotels. The 1st morning I woke and decided to make my way to get some food for breakfast about 9 am. The food seemed fine but I did not get anything I wanted for breakfast and my fiance ended up with some fruit and cereal. When I asked a staff member about the breakfast he insinuated I was too late, even though it was just 9:20 am. Upon returning to our room our maid was already in our room, even though I placed a do not disturb sign on my door, due to the fact that I usually carry a firearm on my trips, and we were just down for breakfast. As I read on another review, my maid also seemed surprised to see us back so soon, she even said "oh back from breakfast so soon?". We then made it a point to pay attention to leaving our room. I also noticed, and this is BIG, that my case that i use to carry my firearm, ammunition, handcuffs, and usually cash had been moved, I always keep it in a drawer with the lock-face facing a side of the drawer, it had been slid over and turned lock-face facing open. I accredited this my carelessness or perhaps my fiance moving it. But I did not feel comfortable having the doubt in my mind, especially noticing a lot of children on the premises. Upon our departure I encountered a patron arguing with staff about a missing brand new Nike hooded sweatshirt and possibly money from his room. They did nothing at all, even said the manager was not taking calls, and was busy. This stay made me feel very uncomfortable and I will never stay here again.
So many other hotels in the area have waaay nicer staff and much more pleasant ways to spend your time and money, safely.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
8 Thank TennakeyX
PARKTOWER, manager at Park Tower Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2009
to: very very dissapointed
we have a total of 9 desk clerks and i have spoken to all of them requesting information in reference to a guest that made a complaint of missing hooded shirt and maybe money missing, maid in room, moving gun in drawer, etc. i am very interested in this review, i have been with company for 8 years and have never refused calls from unhappy guest. perhaps you would like to call the hotel and discuss this with me. park tower inn, manager
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

My daughter and I just got back from Pigeon Forge and stayed at Park Tower for the second time in three months. (We Love Pigeon Forge) The rooms are hugh and very clean, you are not cramped at all I believe it is the biggest room I have seen for just being a motel room. The swimming pool was a tad small but very clean. Thank you Park Tower and the front desk we feel very welcomed and will be back soon I hope!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank momandgirls3
PARKTOWER, RELATIONS MANAGER at Park Tower Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2009
Thank you for your review. We are so very glad to hear that you all find PTI to be your home while in Pigeon Forge. We find that we do for some reason have a very large repeat business. We must be doing something right. lol Please let me know if we can help you plan your next stay.

tn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

stayed three times before with perfect service,had problem w/ this stay indoor hot tub bad maintance w/management covering up, hot water out(3hrs) in room on one day. bussiness slow, cutting services. made res. months ahead family vac. when problem came up during the stray (week) management refussed to take any action just talk.
made several calls to speak w/ manager mrs. watson would not take call or return, tried
e-mail but would not answer all concerns w/one general e-mail back but no action just
saying everything was ok when it was not. if you have problems with your stay do not ask for managements help they will not try to make up for any reason etc.

1 Thank mcsd599
PARKTOWER, manager at Park Tower Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2009
to: mr. bad management/maintance

you stayed with us 7 days, you made a compliant every day about our hot tub temp.
it was check by maintance every day and was in the normal range, we had no other complaints, i addressed you at our front desk and answered your email( which our owner shares with me). we didn.t feel your complaint was valid. or needed future stay at no charge that you requested
thanks park tower inn
manager
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

We decided to take a little trip to pigeon forge for the weekend. I read all the reviews and choose the Park Tower. I definitely made the right decision. The room was large and very nice. The staff was very friendly also so next time I go I will be going to the park tower inn.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
It's GREAT that you have found us. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please call us if we can help you with your next visit.

NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

My husband confirmed our trip 6 days in advance/we arrived and they had us coming in on a different day. Okay that had a room for us, but the guy checking us in wasn't very friendly and was acting like he was funny.

The cleaning lady came early to clean our room while we were in the breakfast room eating breakfast. We ALWAYS take our items and put them out of the way were there is no reason for the cleaning people to mess with them. Since she came early there was all our money, credit cards, etc.

Later that evening around 11:30 we were packing our items and noticed that our 3 year old's bunny rabbit blanket was gone. We proceeded to check everything we had in the room and our car. Nothing. Therefore I proceeded to the front desk to encounter a yound guy who didn't want to be there. He LIED continually saying that they had not found the bunny rabbit blanket in the laundry (we thought maybe it was picked up in the sheets) and that he did not have keys to the laundry room. After a matter of time asking for a manager, supervisor, is there someone we could call he came back with the keys and our bunny rabbit blanket. I can't stand for someone to lie to me.

Would not stay again-don't trust the staff.

6 Thank LRCGRAD
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

We just returned from a trip to PF. We have been there many times b/c we only live a couple of hours away. This was our first time staying at Park Tower, and I booked it based on Tripadvisor ratings. We are VERY picky about cleanliness...I even asked to see the room when I checked in b/f accepting it. It was very clean. The carpet looked new. I wore white socks the whole time and my socks did not get dirty. The rooms are nothing fancy but they are large and the beds were not hard. There was a brand new frig and microwave in the room. The balcony was nice too and we could see the mountains in the distance. At night it was very quiet. The outdoor pool is small, but it was never crowded. The indoor pool was nice. The hot tub was large. There was also a lazy river and small pool. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did not eat the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. We were on a tight budget and this was very affordable. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. It's always good to hear that a new guest was so happy with us and will be back. Please call us if you need help planning your next stay.